• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs Wales (14 June - Pretoria)

This thread is going nowhere atm, last 3 pages have mostly been about the ref and Williams vs Habana (not pointing a finger at any Welsh member.. promise!).
Why are we not discussing stuff like Matfields MOTM performance or Jean De Villiers' 4 tries in 2 games? Seriously.

I'd also like to ask a question, Wales said they were coming to SA to gain respect from the Boks. Do you feel after the 2 Test matches they have done this?

Personally I think only Shane Williams gained more respect, and your captain has lost respect. But I think the team as a whole is pretty much indifferent. I don't think public in general will remember this team. 43-17 and 37-21 don't stand out compared to previous years. Ticket sales didn't do well because alot of people feel it was too expensive for a 2nd tier team (with all due respect).

Doesn't change the fact that Shane > Habana on current form. :rolleyes: Also, when a referee makes blatant errors I think I have a right to be ****** off. Or should I accept that a 37 - 21 loss is a fair reflection on the game? :lol: South Africa are better than Wales on current form, no doubt, but there were definately occasions where the referee butchered the game with 50/50 decisions or decisions that were completely unfair.
[/b]

I think you're being a bit too bloody........ welsh :wah:

To be honest, if you can't see that we are one of the best teams in the World at the moment, then that's your problem I'm afraid.
[/b]

Now i know you're a comedian :D

It's funny that when NZers complain about a ref and have a legitimate argument for poor refereeing decisions everybody else tends to throw it under the rug and tell new zealanders to 'harden up' or 'get over it'. Was the ref as bad as Wayne Barnes performance at the World cup? No. Then shut and hack it like I've been told to.

a tier two nation :eek: im sorry but that is soooo disrespectful

and on a side issue i hate it when i hear things like "south africans got the most passionate fans" or "nz has the best fans"

im sorry but how many times have i got up at 8 o clock in the morn to watch new zealand to see empty seats, same can be said for the boks

now wales 95 percent of the time get sell outs

hell we even had a sell out for fiji a few years back, and get over 60,000 to see sides like japans and im telling you tickets are not cheap in wales by any stretch

and a tier two rugby nation :S please? dont be silly

sooo what are you saying to me? only south africa and nz are tier 1 at the moment ye? cos wales could beat anyone else at the moment

<div class='quotemain'> To be honest, if you can't see that we are one of the best teams in the World at the moment, then that's your problem I'm afraid.
[/b]

Now i know you're a comedian :D
[/b][/quote]
Wales > All NH teams at the moment.
Wales > Ireland who came very close to beating AUS.
Wales > AUS
Wales > Scotland > Arg
Wales = 3rd in the World.

Oh no. What have I created ?!

D:

Also: Shane > Habana

*runs away*

You know about two years ago I wouldnt have been able to follow this thread as I could never tell the difference between < and >. I never knew which was greater than and which was less than. Always confused me.

a tier two nation :eek: im sorry but that is soooo disrespectful

and on a side issue i hate it when i hear things like "south africans got the most passionate fans" or "nz has the best fans"

im sorry but how many times have i got up at 8 o clock in the morn to watch new zealand to see empty seats, same can be said for the boks

now wales 95 percent of the time get sell outs

hell we even had a sell out for fiji a few years back, and get over 60,000 to see sides like japans and im telling you tickets are not cheap in wales by any stretch

and a tier two rugby nation :S please? dont be silly

sooo what are you saying to me? only south africa and nz are tier 1 at the moment ye? cos wales could beat anyone else at the moment
[/b]

anyone gets sellouts. No one could call English rugby fans the most passionate, but Twickenham gets sold out for every international and I've been to 2 club games there in the last 2 years, both sellouts, and both breaking the record attendance for a club game. And those tickets cost £70+

Yeah and atm. only SA and NZ are tier 1.

I find it surprising, just because NZ flopped at the RWC everyone suddenly expected them to be less good - when they still are and probably always will be an awesome side. South Africa are the same, people said because of the quota and all this **** that they'd be weaker... not at all! They're still awesome, World Cup champions after all..

Below those two sides there's a bunch of teams who could maybe get up to that level. Argentina are capable, but they just lost to Scotland so I don't know. Australia are always competitive even if they aren't the outstanding team they've had in the past. Wales, yes could get there, but it needs a lot more than a 6N grand slam and beating SA in one half out of four. And France and England are both enigmas, they've got young inexperienced and exciting sides and could either flop or develop into great teams.

EDIT:

hahah sees Speedy's logic. OF course Wales MUST be 3rd...

i would honestly say that wales, australia and argentina are all fairly close at the moment, and are probably tied in 3rd position

This is getting stupid could a mod end this ....

Its getting away from the match and once again getting a little *****ing match between Wales and Rest Of The World.

Some of you have to step back and think before posting.

This thread is for the match not for who is better etc, open a poll / new thread for this.

Either get back to posting on how poor Welsh rugby was during this tour and how good SA were or dont post anything at all!

The ref was definitely crap but I won't say he had an effect on the outcome of the game. I thought he should have yellow carded Jamie Robertson.

The scrums were a lot better from the Boks, I also think the ref penalised a bit unfairly at scrum time on certain occasions. The Boks have a bit to do before the Tri-Nations but I think we'll be ready.

Habana > Williams [/b]

out of interest what did Jamie Roberts (Not Robertson, you're thinking of the Cardiff centre Jamie Robinson) do to deserve to get yellow carded? didn't see the whole match, so don't know.
And, how can a team that is atm the reining champions Grandslam Champions of the NH/6 Nations be a '2nd tier side? I mean, ok, the team that ended up being played wasn't far off a second choice Wales team because of injuries, but still doesn't mean we're 2nd tier team. Seriously, half of teh posters here here are turning into WUMers, getting kinda stupid and childish.

<div class='quotemain'> The ref was definitely crap but I won't say he had an effect on the outcome of the game. I thought he should have yellow carded Jamie Robertson.

The scrums were a lot better from the Boks, I also think the ref penalised a bit unfairly at scrum time on certain occasions. The Boks have a bit to do before the Tri-Nations but I think we'll be ready.

Habana > Williams [/b]

out of interest what did Jamie Roberts (Not Robertson, you're thinking of the Cardiff centre Jamie Robinson) do to deserve to get yellow carded? didn't see the whole match, so don't know.
And, how can a team that is atm the reining champions Grandslam Champions of the NH/6 Nations be a '2nd tier side? I mean, ok, the team that ended up being played wasn't far off a second choice Wales team because of injuries, but still doesn't mean we're 2nd tier team. Seriously, half of teh posters here here are turning into WUMers, getting kinda stupid and childish.
[/b][/quote]
Jamie Roberts slowed the ball down like, 1 metre from the Welsh line. Just like they stole it illegally on their own.

<div class='quotemain'> The ref was definitely crap but I won't say he had an effect on the outcome of the game. I thought he should have yellow carded Jamie Robertson.

Habana > Williams [/b]

[/b][/quote]

being in the top tier puts wales on a par with SA and NZ.

case rested, Cymro's right.

<div class='quotemain'>

Habana > Williams [/b]

[/b][/quote]

being in the top tier puts wales on a par with SA and NZ.

case rested, Cymro's right.
[/b][/quote]
Cool. So Wales, Australia, Argentina and France are tier 2 and the rest are tier 3?
Fine with me.

The thing is, Jamie Roberts was warned (incorrectly) after being pushed into a ruck by a South African, but he then offended as Sir. Speeds said. He should have been yellow carded by the ref, as he had already warned him (correctly or incorrectly). I remember commenting to a friend that Jamie Roberts was lucky not to go.

I have said and will say again, ref's should hand out more yellow cards, especially if it's in the 'red' zone. Don't mind a warning first if it's in another area of the field, but too many tries are being illegally stopped in order to concede 3 points rather than 5/7.

Roberts knew what he did like what Williams did during the Ireland game in the 6 Nations!

Back on topic, Matfield was a beast during a game, lineouts and around the park!
But why has h shaved his facial hair hardly recoginised him when I saw him!

On the tier issue, I'd say Australia, France and England are definitely 1st tier.
They (FRA & ENG) are the only teams from the NH to make a WC final and/or win it. Adding to that are the only constant threats from up north, imo of course.

1st tier teams don't get knocked out of the WC in the pool stages and don't only beat the Boks once in 100 years.

The lady at the ticket office was willing to sell me a scholar (for under 18's) ticket because nobody was willing to pay so much to see Wales. Only the season ticket seats (the bottom section) were full. Sorry but that's the truth, don't shoot the messenger.

And on CURRENT FORM (seems to be the it word) Jean De Villiers is the best players in the world!!!1!1! Woooohah!

lmfaooo shut up mate, you making outlandish statements trying to get a reaction out of the more volatile members like myself

de villiers is not the best player at the moment dont talk such ****

Latest posts