• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs Wales (14 June - Pretoria)

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
Would like to see Tom James get a run but it wont happen!
[/b]
Good thing too. If James started, Habana would make mincemeat of him, and Mark Jones did a good job containing him on Saturday, so it would be pretty stupid to let him start.

+ Jericho, 55 points? LULZ, not likely. :p [/b][/quote]

Ok we can let Stoddart come off the bench and ruin the game again <_<
[/b][/quote]
Oh, did you mean off the bench? Fair enough then. [/b][/quote]

Spot on!

All this talk of lack of dicipline and half strength sides is a bit dull. The penalties come from pressure, the Welsh always had a lightweight pack but its one thats good enough to survive against the opposition in the North. Down South its a different ball game.

The Munster pack struggled to Match the AB's in and around the fringes and you guys experience the same a few hours later but you didnt cope with it as well and the conditions didnt allow you to hide.

The odd break aside you were outclassed but before I dismiss the Welsh entirely I keep remembering how dangerous they are with quick ball. That is the key, if you get quick ball and plenty of it, it will be a fun game for the neutral. I just dont think your physical enough to get that quick ball you need.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Wales will give a bigger and better performance! Edwards and Gatland will ensure this! I reckon a SA victory but within 10 points with Wales giving a good account for themselves!

Gatland needs to bring in Delve for Dafydd Jones and Fury for Cooper! Would like to see Tom James get a run but it wont happen!
[/b]
I'll you give you Welsh boys one thing, you're very optimistic.
Why do you guys lambast over Edwards and Gatland so much? Throw me concerts and give them awards. They still have much to prove
So much praise is not very constructive
[/b][/quote]
How many coaching set-ups in the World would have taken Wales from a WC pool-stage exit to a Grand Slam? None bar Edwards and Gatland in World rugby at the moment. Besides, a loss to the World Champions, in their own back yard, missing many key players, having to get used to the altitude and conditions and having to get used to the Ed+Gat style of play after the majority of this Welsh squad went back to Lyn Jones (he's the epitomy of a **** coach, so you know) at the Ospreys doesn't change that much. You guys seem to be taking it way overboard as if Wales are suddenly nobody's again. If you come to Cardiff in the Autumn and beat our full strength side, then I'll admit I was wrong, but until then... [/b][/quote]

Everybody this side of Texas is took the 6N grand slam victory with a big grain of salt. You guys went crazy when you beat the 6N teams (who were plagued with injury problems, you can't deny that one) but when you's get your ass handed to you when you're the one's suffering from injuries you guys act surprised and start turning to all sorts of excuses. Much the same excuses you guys didn't have much sympathy for during the other teams 6N's campaign. And I'm sure nobody in SA is giving the Welsh any sympathy because we had just as many obstacles to face (*refer to the 1st post of this thread*).

Edwards had hordes of male groupie after the 6N as defense was your strong point but as soon as Wales faced a team that had some form of attacking prowess, he says the Welsh players are "a bit rusty". Everybody was going on how Gatland said that the Welsh boys were gonna take the Boks on physically, and everybody ate that one up to.. Sorry but there are quite a few coaches above Gatland and especially Edwards, they both did a great job at the Wasps but still have much to prove on the international stage.

Maybe it's me but I've never heard or seen a nation go so 'gaga' over a coach before after not proving much.

But that's just 'ol cynical me talking

Point taken Steve-o, but maybe you should listen to your own advice. We went 'gaga' after five victories, you're going 'gaga' after one. :p

Everybody this side of Texas is took the 6N grand slam victory with a big grain of salt. You guys went crazy when you beat the 6N teams (who were plagued with injury problems, you can't deny that one) but when you's get your ass handed to you when you're the one's suffering from injuries you guys act surprised and start turning to all sorts of excuses. Much the same excuses you guys didn't have much sympathy for during the other teams 6N's campaign. And I'm sure nobody in SA is giving the Welsh any sympathy because we had just as many obstacles to face (*refer to the 1st post of this thread*).

Edwards had hordes of male groupie after the 6N as defense was your strong point but as soon as Wales faced a team that had some form of attacking prowess, he says the Welsh players are "a bit rusty". Everybody was going on how Gatland said that the Welsh boys were gonna take the Boks on physically, and everybody ate that one up to.. Sorry but there are quite a few coaches above Gatland and especially Edwards, they both did a great job at the Wasps but still have much to prove on the international stage.

Maybe it's me but I've never heard or seen a nation go so 'gaga' over a coach before after not proving much.

[/b]
Did you even watch the 6N? Tell me which teams that we beat were "plagued with injury problems", honestly, go ahead. That said, the rest of your post regarding Wales' injury problems is of little relevance because you got the first part wrong. I don't think we played a 6N team that was "plagued with injury problems". Even France, who had been experimenting throughout the 6N, decided to play a full-strength side for the final game and got stuffed after some pretty uninspiring stuff from their first team.
Like I said, the Edwards-Gatland style of play had been squeezed out of the squad over the last few months, especially the Ospreys contingent (not Shane though, who is still a little legend) who had to suffer under Lyn Jones' reign (or should that be 'rain'? of ****). The defence definately wasn't helped by this, or the fact the breakdown was relentlessly whored by the Saffa's far better forwards and our pathetic midfield was cut to pieces on a number of occasions (Parker can die). Like I said, if you beat us convincingly next week, I'll concede and have no problems with your comments; only with Wales. I don't think it (a 30+ pt mauling) will happen, but I'm sure they'll be prepared to prove me wrong. B)

Oh, right, and onto the coaches...Shaun Edwards joined Wales and we started off against a crap England team, conceding one try only down to the fact they weren't clinical. After a fresh start two weeks ago under Gatland and Shaun, we came up against the World Champions (apparantly suffering due to injuries like us, although the fact is their replacements are better than Wales' (which doesn't bode well for our depth)), who stuffed us. Repeating myself now: come next week: you stuff us again, then I'll admit that the SH is in fact ahead of the NH and that Wales aren't as good as I think (yet).
Now, tell me: Who on Earth could do to Wales what Gatland and Edwards did?

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Wales will give a bigger and better performance! Edwards and Gatland will ensure this! I reckon a SA victory but within 10 points with Wales giving a good account for themselves!

Gatland needs to bring in Delve for Dafydd Jones and Fury for Cooper! Would like to see Tom James get a run but it wont happen!
[/b]
I'll you give you Welsh boys one thing, you're very optimistic.
Why do you guys lambast over Edwards and Gatland so much? Throw me concerts and give them awards. They still have much to prove
So much praise is not very constructive
[/b][/quote]
How many coaching set-ups in the World would have taken Wales from a WC pool-stage exit to a Grand Slam? None bar Edwards and Gatland in World rugby at the moment. Besides, a loss to the World Champions, in their own back yard, missing many key players, having to get used to the altitude and conditions and having to get used to the Ed+Gat style of play after the majority of this Welsh squad went back to Lyn Jones (he's the epitomy of a **** coach, so you know) at the Ospreys doesn't change that much. You guys seem to be taking it way overboard as if Wales are suddenly nobody's again. If you come to Cardiff in the Autumn and beat our full strength side, then I'll admit I was wrong, but until then... [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Urm .... :lol2tn:
Are we looking for sympathy? Hell no but you seem to think so ...

I dont think any of 'Us Welsh' have denied anything from the South Africa win! Of course the side is affected by injuries! Gavin Henson who is the pinical player in the defence is injured, this guy commands the defence line. Lee Byrne who is our only decent fullback is missing through injury, our icon Nugget is injured. Of course injuries affect a team and its nature. Wales dont have the depth and strength that many of the sides in the world have. Take SA for instance, you loose Du Preez and Burger but you have someone equal as good to replace them! Im not making excuses and far from it, we played poorly and end of and South Africa deserved the win.

Regarding the coaches, I think what they have acheived with Wales is pretty amazing. To take a squad not long before a 6 Nations campaign, get them to gel and play a certain style of rugby is pretty darn good. Edwards has installed the same defence that brought Wasps the Guniess Prem ***le this season, and he did the job for Wales during the 6 Nations. But of course the defence was pretty non existent in the game and especially at the breakdown!

Gatland major fault was starting Cooper, Dafydd Jones and Sonny Parker. But then again with the 'vast' resource of players we have here in Wales had no choice. Time after Time, SA backs were just runnign through the welsh backs like a hot knife through butter, the main problem? Parker and his mind which lead to others having to attempt to cover up his mistakes in the midfield!

Wales are going to struggle unless they change as I ahve said before, if Gatland sticks with the same side then it will be a similar scoreline, but if he rings the correct changes then it may be a different game, which will still lead to a Boks victory!

"Everybody was going on how Gatland said that the Welsh boys were gonna take the Boks on physically, and everybody ate that one up to"

Sorry but that is quite poor to bring that out, SA are big boys who will bully, they did the job in the game and Wales had to man up to them but failed and failed miserably. Now to go on and say we ate it up is not really true at all. So what was Gatland meant to say, lads we dont need to take the boks on physically we can just imagine it. Something that the great Steve Black would have said!

But what annoys me the most about the post above is that you seem to think that the 'Welsh Boyos' on this forum are throwing excuses around about the game. The fact is we have a squad with mass amount of injuries, thats a fact whether or not you like it! I also dont think any of us are saying that South Africa did not deserve a win, far from it! South Africa came, saw and conqured!

Looks like the Welsh brigade in out to get me again... :lol:

Cymro

Urm .... :lol2tn:
Are we looking for sympathy? Hell no but you seem to think so ...

I dont think any of 'Us Welsh' have denied anything from the South Africa win! Of course the side is affected by injuries! Gavin Henson who is the pinical player in the defence is injured, this guy commands the defence line. Lee Byrne who is our only decent fullback is missing through injury, our icon Nugget is injured. Of course injuries affect a team and its nature. Wales dont have the depth and strength that many of the sides in the world have. Take SA for instance, you loose Du Preez and Burger but you have someone equal as good to replace them! Im not making excuses and far from it, we played poorly and end of and South Africa deserved the win.

[/b]

So, you're telling me that Du Preez and Conradie are on the same level (skill, vision, strength, passing, pace, kicking)? God help you.. Conradie is EASILY the 5th choice scrummie in SA, include Claasens (Bath) & de Kock (Sarries), and you looking at the 7th choice scrummie right there aye.

Regarding the coaches, I think what they have acheived with Wales is pretty amazing. To take a squad not long before a 6 Nations campaign, get them to gel and play a certain style of rugby is pretty darn good. Edwards has installed the same defence that brought Wasps the Guniess Prem ***le this season, and he did the job for Wales during the 6 Nations. But of course the defence was pretty non existent in the game and especially at the breakdown!
[/b]

Yes good job, like I said already they did a "great job" (direct quote there) at Wasps. He still hasn't done enough on the international stage to get all these rave reviews, concerts and awards IMO.

Gatland major fault was starting Cooper, Dafydd Jones and Sonny Parker. But then again with the 'vast' resource of players we have here in Wales had no choice. Time after Time, SA backs were just runnign through the welsh backs like a hot knife through butter, the main problem? Parker and his mind which lead to others having to attempt to cover up his mistakes in the midfield!

Wales are going to struggle unless they change as I ahve said before, if Gatland sticks with the same side then it will be a similar scoreline, but if he rings the correct changes then it may be a different game, which will still lead to a Boks victory!

"Everybody was going on how Gatland said that the Welsh boys were gonna take the Boks on physically, and everybody ate that one up to"

Sorry but that is quite poor to bring that out, SA are big boys who will bully, they did the job in the game and Wales had to man up to them but failed and failed miserably. Now to go on and say we ate it up is not really true at all. So what was Gatland meant to say, lads we dont need to take the boks on physically we can just imagine it. Something that the great Steve Black would have said!
[/b]

Oh come on, Cymro where were you when all those pre-match comments were flying around? Comments from the Welsh players and coaching staff, and members on this forum. About how this team won't get bullied like in previous years, etc, putting out your biggest back row ever and making it obviously clear. Even Gatland and Jones (he's the captain right?) said that they were embarressed that they talk up their physical attributes and didn't back them up on the field. Smit even thanked the Welsh for getting his "boys" all rallied up with the constant verbal challenges.

But what annoys me the most about the post above is that you seem to think that the 'Welsh Boyos' on this forum are throwing excuses around about the game. The fact is we have a squad with mass amount of injuries, thats a fact whether or not you like it! I also dont think any of us are saying that South Africa did not deserve a win, far from it! South Africa came, saw and conqured!

[/b]

Really? Go and read the thread that covered last weeks game, members from other NH countries have pointed it out as well (one on this very thread!).

Sir. Speedy

Did you even watch the 6N? Tell me which teams that we beat were "plagued with injury problems", honestly, go ahead. That said, the rest of your post regarding Wales' injury problems is of little relevance because you got the first part wrong. I don't think we played a 6N team that was "plagued with injury problems". Even France, who had been experimenting throughout the 6N, decided to play a full-strength side for the final game and got stuffed after some pretty uninspiring stuff from their first team.
Like I said, the Edwards-Gatland style of play had been squeezed out of the squad over the last few months, especially the Ospreys contingent (not Shane though, who is still a little legend) who had to suffer under Lyn Jones' reign (or should that be 'rain'? of ****). The defence definately wasn't helped by this, or the fact the breakdown was relentlessly whored by the Saffa's far better forwards and our pathetic midfield was cut to pieces on a number of occasions (Parker can die). Like I said, if you beat us convincingly next week, I'll concede and have no problems with your comments; only with Wales. I don't think it (a 30+ pt mauling) will happen, but I'm sure they'll be prepared to prove me wrong. B)
[/b]

As far as I know England and Italy had pretty extensive injury lists, the other teams lesser so who didn't help their cause as, like you said, were pretty uninspiring. Many agree it was a crap 6N, and Wales were good but untested.
But again you're not looking at the Bok side of things. PdV (expansive and more linking between backs and forwards in open play) plays a much different style then Jake White (set piece based, big forwards), some players only had a week and a half to slot in as they were in Australia playing in the S14 semi. But you didn't hear that one aye?

Oh, right, and onto the coaches...Shaun Edwards joined Wales and we started off against a crap England team, conceding one try only down to the fact they weren't clinical. After a fresh start two weeks ago under Gatland and Shaun, we came up against the World Champions (apparantly suffering due to injuries like us, although the fact is their replacements are better than Wales' (which doesn't bode well for our depth)), who stuffed us. Repeating myself now: come next week: you stuff us again, then I'll admit that the SH is in fact ahead of the NH and that Wales aren't as good as I think (yet).
Now, tell me: Who on Earth could do to Wales what Gatland and Edwards did?

[/b]
Do what? Guide a non-injury affected team in a poor 6N with a fairly simple tactics (strong defense, ball retention) against teams that had no attacking form? 3 coaches form SA spring to mind: Heyneke Meyer, Jake White & Nick Mallett.

Look I never doubt what Gatland did, he was lucky in some ways, any coach will take that, but SERIOUSLY he hasn't done enough on the international stage yet to have all this praise heaped on him all the time. You guys make it sound like these 2 guys have the perfect tactics, coaching style, and generally don't doubt what they say. IMO that's silly, but you guys do what you want because from reading other forums and blogs it seems the whole nation is infatuated with him because he brought you some kind of success.

Macsen

Point taken Steve-o, but maybe you should listen to your own advice. We went 'gaga' after five victories, you're going 'gaga' after one.

[/b]

Weak attempt mate. Quote me where I go 'gaga' over De Villiers, Gold and Muir. No concerts for them!!!

Stevo-o

Yes the Welsh Mafia is now officially out <_<

So, you're telling me that Du Preez and Conradie are on the same level (skill, vision, strength, passing, pace, kicking)? God help you.. Conradie is EASILY the 5th choice scrummie in SA, include Claasens (Bath) & de Kock (Sarries), and you looking at the 7th choice scrummie right there aye.[/b]

So Gareth Cooper is like Wales first choice scrum half <_< ? Phillips, Peel, Andy Williams are ahead of him. But what im saying and you know what im saying you have someone who can easily step up to the mark as you have the resources to do so. Im not telling you that Conradie is the same as Du Preez and I dunno how you figure that out, probably because I said something along the lines of if Du Preez gets injured then you have someone who can step up ... its bloody true mate! From what I watched of the game Conradie seem to have a good one!

Oh come on, Cymro where were you when all those pre-match comments were flying around? Comments from the Welsh players and coaching staff, and members on this forum. About how this team won't get bullied like in previous years, etc, putting out your biggest back row ever and making it obviously clear. Even Gatland and Jones (he's the captain right?) said that they were embarressed that they talk up their physical attributes and didn't back them up on the field. Smit even thanked the Welsh for getting his "boys" all rallied up with the constant verbal challenges.[/b]

Come where? <_<

and yes Ryan Jones is our captain!

Where was I, trying to keep a level head and see things through the murky windscreen of life! Wales did not put out the biggest backrow, had they put Delve instead of Dafydd Jones then yes we would have had a big back row! I just have to think that last saturday's result was a blip on the radar. And before you go off on one, what im saying is "Wales wont play as poor as they did in the last game!" I very much doubt that Wales got play any poorer than they did!
Wondered if the players came out in one piece after the the hair dryer treatment of Edwards and Gatland!

Really? Go and read the thread that covered last weeks game, members from other NH countries have pointed it out as well (one on this very thread!).[/b]

I dont have the time to go through looking but it would be helpful to direct me to these comments! What you also you dont seem to understand and I dunno how to put it into your head! Wales does have a depleted squad from the 6 Nations, whether or not you like it mate its the fact, it is an excuse that used when things go wrong but on this occassion it is the truth. The injuries lead to crap players getting picked, touring and then embarrassing Wales in front of the World Stage. But as I have said time after time, South Africa deserved the win and will probably win next week!

<div class='quotemain'> I'm sure Pienaar won't be there. Bolla, like it or not, played well and probably deserves another chance. Why not Spies ahead of Rossouw? Steyn starting ahead of Jacobs I can't imagine either with Jacobs playing well. Maybe Grant to sit out? But he deserves a spot because of Super 14 form I guess. In any case I won't want to be the coaching team...
I have a feeling the scores will be similar this week. Both teams' attack and defense will improve and it'll probably be a more exciting game with a good crowd in.
Hopefully our wings will get more of the ball this game. [/b]

Thing about Pienaar is that he can play 9, 10 or 15; and Conradie did play well but Pienaar is a class above him. Lets be honest about Conradie here, I'm sure the coach was pleased with his performance but he's still a 30 year man with 11 caps to his name. He's not a future prospect at all, and will be humbled by Oz and NZ imo.

I chose Rossouw because he can cover 4, 5, 6, 7, 8; and to be honest I haven't seen Spies play 6 or 7, so he is considered a specialist 8th man in this line up. Not saying he can't play flank, just never seen him there. I would rather have Wickus on than Rossouw but with that 3 year contract in England he fell out of a Bok spot. And in some ways I enjoy the physicality Rossouw brings, bit of a meat head but he does the bashing up stuff well.

Lets also be honest about Jacobs vs Steyn. Jacobs is playing the best rugby of his life at 29 or 30 (?) and has lost a yard of pace. Steyn won the most promising young player award in 2007, he has so much talent. He needs game time though, and this game is the last competitive game we got before the Tri-Nations.
[/b][/quote]

Pienaar's versatility adds nothing new to the lineup. We already have Grant (10, 12) and Percy (15, 13, even 10, 12 if need be). What's more Pienaar's shown he's nothing special at flyhalf and definitely not suited to fullback. Jantjes can cover wing. Bolla played much better and you have to reward the players who played well. You can't pick Pienaar on reputation alone. Also who said Bolla will play against Aus and NZ? I still don't rate him highly but he played well and deserves another chance.

I think sitting Steyn out will be the best thing that happens to him. Dick always made sure he played the full 80 minutes even if it was to the detriment of his team and he'd always constantly praise Steyn and his abilites. Too much praise I'd say, It's no wonder Steyn started trying to do too much on his on. Maybe when he gets his chance this game or the next he'll be more motivated and play better.

The combinations all showed potential on Saturday, it would be stupid to make too many changes to them. Consistency is key in rugby.

Can't really see Wales producing anything in this test. Wouldn't mind seeing James Hook starting to see what he can do in the heat and lack of oxygen and perhaps Fury ahead of Cooper. South Africa will win again by at least 20 points.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> I'm sure Pienaar won't be there. Bolla, like it or not, played well and probably deserves another chance. Why not Spies ahead of Rossouw? Steyn starting ahead of Jacobs I can't imagine either with Jacobs playing well. Maybe Grant to sit out? But he deserves a spot because of Super 14 form I guess. In any case I won't want to be the coaching team...
I have a feeling the scores will be similar this week. Both teams' attack and defense will improve and it'll probably be a more exciting game with a good crowd in.
Hopefully our wings will get more of the ball this game. [/b]

Thing about Pienaar is that he can play 9, 10 or 15; and Conradie did play well but Pienaar is a class above him. Lets be honest about Conradie here, I'm sure the coach was pleased with his performance but he's still a 30 year man with 11 caps to his name. He's not a future prospect at all, and will be humbled by Oz and NZ imo.

I chose Rossouw because he can cover 4, 5, 6, 7, 8; and to be honest I haven't seen Spies play 6 or 7, so he is considered a specialist 8th man in this line up. Not saying he can't play flank, just never seen him there. I would rather have Wickus on than Rossouw but with that 3 year contract in England he fell out of a Bok spot. And in some ways I enjoy the physicality Rossouw brings, bit of a meat head but he does the bashing up stuff well.

Lets also be honest about Jacobs vs Steyn. Jacobs is playing the best rugby of his life at 29 or 30 (?) and has lost a yard of pace. Steyn won the most promising young player award in 2007, he has so much talent. He needs game time though, and this game is the last competitive game we got before the Tri-Nations.
[/b][/quote]

Pienaar's versatility adds nothing new to the lineup. We already have Grant (10, 12) and Percy (15, 13, even 10, 12 if need be). What's more Pienaar's shown he's nothing special at flyhalf and definitely not suited to fullback. Jantjes can cover wing. Bolla played much better and you have to reward the players who played well. You can't pick Pienaar on reputation alone. Also who said Bolla will play against Aus and NZ? I still don't rate him highly but he played well and deserves another chance.

I think sitting Steyn out will be the best thing that happens to him. Dick always made sure he played the full 80 minutes even if it was to the detriment of his team and he'd always constantly praise Steyn and his abilites. Too much praise I'd say, It's no wonder Steyn started trying to do too much on his on. Maybe when he gets his chance this game or the next he'll be more motivated and play better.

The combinations all showed potential on Saturday, it would be stupid to make too many changes to them. Consistency is key in rugby.
[/b][/quote]

I guess it depends who you would like to see play in this years Tri-Nations and/or how you use these games. PdV still could use the next Test to experiment, I expect alot of changes. Maybe it's my bias as a Sharks supporter or because I think they're in another class, but I'd rather like to see Steyn and Pienaar get more game time at international level than Conradie and Jacobs.

I think Pienaar showed potential at 10 in the S14 this year and I don't think he has played 15 this season, but no player ever got a chance to shine with Muir's ruthless rotation policy, that for some reason didn't apply to Terblanche.. He had the vision but the execution wasn't always there. Over cooked kicks going directly out was his major flaw but in the loose he helped create some excellent tries. One that stands out is that full field length try against the Chiefs started by Deysel and finished by Kankowski, Pienaar had the ball the just about longest time and his decision-making and line running were superb. Eddie Jones likened him to Stephan Larkham when he was a technical advisor for the Boks during the WC but Naas Botha doesn't think he should be the future 10. Tough one .

Although Peter Grant, dare I say, is starting to look more and more Henry Honiball. Very confrontational, good ball carrier, good defense, good all-round game and just generally tough. I think Grant has a bright future as a Bok 10, I would definitely like to see him get plenty game time this weekend.

But what annoys me the most about the post above is that you seem to think that the 'Welsh Boyos' on this forum are throwing excuses around about the game............................................. The fact is we have a squad with mass amount of injuries, thats a fact whether or not you like it! [/b]
I woke my baby daughter laughing out loud at that one.

If you dont want people to think your making excuses.............. stop making excuses. It wasnt the ref, it wasnt indicipline, they actually were that much better then you. In the same way that Ireland were beaten by the better team on Saturday, you guys were beaten (more convincingly), by a far superior team on the day. Ireland can harp on about our form two years ago, and you guys can harp on about your form a year ago, it doesnt change the fact that you've gone down there looking for respect, and are about to get sent home with your tail between your legs if you dont get your **** together.

<div class='quotemain'> But what annoys me the most about the post above is that you seem to think that the 'Welsh Boyos' on this forum are throwing excuses around about the game............................................. The fact is we have a squad with mass amount of injuries, thats a fact whether or not you like it! [/b]
I woke my baby daughter laughing out loud at that one.

If you dont want people to think your making excuses.............. stop making excuses. It wasnt the ref, it wasnt indicipline, they actually were that much better then you. In the same way that Ireland were beaten by the better team on Saturday, you guys were beaten (more convincingly), by a far superior team on the day. Ireland can harp on about our form two years ago, and you guys can harp on about your form a year ago, it doesnt change the fact that you've gone down there looking for respect, and are about to get sent home with your tail between your legs if you dont get your **** together. [/b][/quote]

:bravo: Played son, Played

Mate go and read my posts, im not making excuses and it shows how much you actually read and understand! Yes Ive said we have injuries and yes it does effect a team, what team is not affected by injuries? I cant say I have blamed it soley on injuries the ref etc but I do feel you have jumped the gun with me!

Of course we were beaten by the better team! With a scoreline like that you would be worried that the Boks did not play well.

I think you are a tad deluded mate if you think Wales were unlucky, far from it! It's people like yourself who make me think is it worth posting anything! I cant seem to post my opinon before someone has to come in and throw some stupid comments in. Im not taking it off you mate because the fact is im openly happy to criticise Wales performance, far more than some! If you go back to the first test thread you may also see that.
Maybe you should think and stop before posting mate!

Again, played South Africa and Im looking forward to the 2nd test and see if Wales will improve!

P.S. Hope you dont start making exucses that it was my fault for your baby daughter getting woken up <_<

Right, back to the topic since these arguements will continue until next week and beyond if we keep at it. <_<

My Welsh team:

Roberts
Jones
Shanklin
Hook
Williams
Jones
Fury

Jenkins
Hibbard
Jones
Gough
AW Jones
Delve
J Thomas
Jones

Score:

32 - 20 to SA, that's if we can get our act together, since our result last week will have knocked our confidence down a few levels. >.<

Right, back to the topic since these arguements will continue until next week and beyond if we keep at it. <_<

My Welsh team:

Roberts
Jones
Shanklin
Hook
Williams
Jones
Fury

Jenkins
Hibbard
Jones
Gough
AW Jones
Delve
J Thomas
Jones

Score:

32 - 20 to SA, that's if we can get our act together, since our result last week will have knocked our confidence down a few levels. >.< [/b]

Pretty much the side I would pick to be honest!

Steve-o
Hang on, you say you're going 'gaga' over PdV, but weren't you one of the one's slating him because of the team he picked? A lot of South African fans have definitely changed their tune! Sorry if you weren't one of them, memory isn't fantastic atm, too much stuff crammed in there about (weirdly enough) the history of the South African Apartheid and the American Civil Rights movement (yes, GCSE History sucks).
But yeah, we're not making excuses, we were a bit headless and all over the place last Saturday, and were easily out-classed by the Boks. But, what we're saying is injuries really hurt us, which just showed that we have crap strength in depth, and that the ref didn't help a lot by missing at least a number of forward passes/knock ons that led to tries. One was so bleedin' obvious I honestly think Pearson and the Touch Judges should book an appointment at an opticians just to check that they're eyes are alright...

But yeah, the Wales 22 should be
15. Jamie Roberts - didn't do too much wrong on Saturday so deserves to keep his place
14. Mark Jones - Kept Habana in check, and was decent on the ball, so should still be there.
13. Tom Shanklin - barely got any decent clean ball last week, so was driven backwards mostly because of static passes. Should keep his place because he's when he's got the space he's a dangerous threat.
12. Andrew Bishop - Parker was ****, spart from boffing a couple of Boks to set up Roberts's try, so Bishop (who's actually a natural 12) should be given his first Cap.
11. Shane Williams - Probably the best Welsh player on the pitch, scored a great try, and we all know he's on fire atm
10. Stephen Jones - did his best to stem the tid,e and did enough to secure his place ahead of Hook
9. Warren Fury - Cooper is ****, so lets give Fury a chance.
8. Ryan Jones © - Well, it's not as if Gatland's gonna leave out his Captain, but he seriously needs to lead form the front with a better performance.
7. Jon Thomas - I like Dafydd Jones, but we need to bring in Delve at 6., because we need the physicality that Delve brings.
6. Gareth Delve - see above.
5. Ian Gough - didn't do an awful amount last Saturday, but we need to keep with him
4. Alun Wyn Jones - same as Gough, they both need to pick up in their line out performances too.
3. Adam Jones - strong scrummager, did well against Steenkamp
2. Richard Hibbard - physical player, showed a fighting spirit (literally) that was missing from the rest of the team.
1. Gethin Jenkins - by far our best prop, smashed Mujati in the scrum, and held his own when van der Linde came on.

Subs
16. Rhys Thomas
17. Duncan Jones
18. Ian Evans
19. Dafydd Jones
20. Gareth Cooper
21. James Hook
22. Tom James

One too many mistakes from Hook puts him on the bench, Stoddard shouldn't be let near the Welsh shirt until he learns to Kick and Tackle.

Scotland had 8 players out injured for the game in Wales.

Anyway look forward to this game, it will either be a 40 point gap or a reasonably close game i feel. Some questions have to be asked of PDV if he doesnt atleast bring Kankowski into the 22 and Steve i wouldnt say Conradie is the 7th choice. Fair enough he was kept out of the Stormers by a superb Januarie but he is a very useful player. Im not going to say he's the best but hes very underated and was superb on saturday i thought.

Latest posts