• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa VS Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, he'll probably be ready for the Tri Nations.

Well well, Conradie is a starting Springbok now. Great stuff. De Villiers' Cape favouritism is starting to show. Is Conradie better than Kockett, hey Peter? Is he?! Maybe he wants to make things fair and choose our 5th choice scrum as well? FFS..
8 months ago the Bulls and the Sharks brought the William Webb Ellis cup home, now the team is starting to resemble the Rudolf Straulie era.

--------------------
IPB Image[/b]

He left out Ryan Kankowski. He is not on the bench. One of the best loose forwards in years. Such a young talent, being compared to greats such as Zinzan Brooke. Yet he is not even on the bench??? Danie Rossouw, better than Ryan Kankowski? WTF???
[/b]
Yeh, all that talk about players selected on merit doesn't hold water. Hopefully he knows what he's doing by lying like that. Quotas are still alive and kicking

If Januarie didn't mess up, this team wouldn't be half bad (except for Kankowski's exclusion). That means Bolla is in the starting line up and Pienaa replaces Steyn. Vermaak >>> Kocksh*t though ;)
Even then this team is still a good team if you forget our scrumhalf and Wales are missing their first choice 3 scrummies as well if I remember correctly. Spies is a quality player. Just because the team doesn't look quite as awesome as it could if Kankowski was playing, doesn't mean we're going to get ripped to shreds.

If Januarie didn't mess up, this team wouldn't be half bad (except for Kankowski's exclusion). That means Bolla is in the starting line up and Pienaa replaces Steyn. Vermaak >>> Kocksh*t though ;)
Even then this team is still a good team if you forget our scrumhalf and Wales are missing their first choice 3 scrummies as well if I remember correctly. Spies is a quality player. Just because the team doesn't look quite as awesome as it could if Kankowski was playing, doesn't mean we're going to get ripped to shreds.
[/b]
It just means you're going to lose.

Even then this team is still a good team if you forget our scrumhalf and Wales are missing their first choice 3 scrummies as well if I remember correctly. Spies is a quality player. Just because the team doesn't look quite as awesome as it could if Kankowski was playing, doesn't mean we're going to get ripped to shreds. [/b]

Oh god, now look what you idiots have done! You've only gone and put the Welsh in a good mood!

Now we have put up with a load of circus midgets covered in coal dust gabbering on in Welsh excitedly! THANKS :ranting:

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
It just means you're going to lose. [/b][/quote]

We'll see about that...

<div class='quotemain'> If Januarie didn't mess up, this team wouldn't be half bad (except for Kankowski's exclusion). That means Bolla is in the starting line up and Pienaa replaces Steyn. Vermaak >>> Kocksh*t though ;)
Even then this team is still a good team if you forget our scrumhalf and Wales are missing their first choice 3 scrummies as well if I remember correctly. Spies is a quality player. Just because the team doesn't look quite as awesome as it could if Kankowski was playing, doesn't mean we're going to get ripped to shreds. [/b]

Oh god, now look what you idiots have done! You've only gone and put the Welsh in a good mood!

Now we have put up with a load of circus midgets covered in coal dust gabbering on in Welsh excitedly! THANKS :ranting:
[/b][/quote]

And here I thought I was the only South African being optomistic. :rolleyes:
To be honest I still don't think we'll lose. The only real weak spot in that team is scrumhalf and that'll also be a weak point for Wales. Jacobs' defensive is also worrying, but at least he provides some attacking flair. In any case we have an asweome backline with Chavanga, Jean, Jacobs, Habana and Jantjes we should break the line at will and Butch is in fine form at the moment.
The forwards are also strong and in case Wales start troubling us we have Matfield and Percy to come off the bench and provide some experience and of course quality.
I do agree that some strange choices were made, but I think a lot of people are overreacting.

I hate to say I told you so but De Villiers is hellbent on implementing the nations majority agenda. This should come as no surprise to any South Africans and I can see this guy and his backers putting the famous Boks back years. This is the start of something terrible for a proud rugby nation

ah come on, give him a chance. It's his first game, and he wants to experiment! It's not as if this is the most important game going, and considering a fair few of the WC stars are getting on a bit, and moving on to European Clubs, he's gotta start considering who's gonna replace them.
But anyway, I honestly think that Wales are capable of sneaking a result, and I;m not going just on starting line-ups. We've got some very decent players settled in teh team, and others (like Cooper, Daffydd Jones and Jamie Roberts) who are certain to be deperate to get a long term place in teh team. Not gonna predict anything, because I've had crap predictions this season (apart from the Six Natiosn anyway).

I honestly think that Wales are capable of sneaking a result, and I;m not going just on starting line-ups. We've got some very decent players settled in teh team, and others (like Cooper, Daffydd Jones and Jamie Roberts) who are certain to be deperate to get a long term place in teh team. Not gonna predict anything, because I've had crap predictions this season (apart from the Six Natiosn anyway).
[/b]
If Wales win there's no way you could describe that as sneaking - a big result that must be down to Gatland bringing in underperformers or newbies who instantly fit with a team that knows how to take a tight game.

Coming out of SA with even one win after losing a handful of big game players will put Wales on a new level.

C'mon ye boyos!

I hate to say I told you so but De Villiers is hellbent on implementing the nations majority agenda. This should come as no surprise to any South Africans and I can see this guy and his backers putting the famous Boks back years. This is the start of something terrible for a proud rugby nation[/b]

How sad is it hey? All the assholes here care about is "True representation." Can someone tell me what the sole purpose of the sport is? Is it to take the best your country has to offer, and show the world that you are the best, and play with pride, while TRULY REPRESENTING your country? Or is the purpose of sport perhaps to show the world how many black players you have in comparison with how many white players you have.

That **** bag Sport minister of ours Mike Stofile, said that if we lose every game we play, but "represent our country racially" then so be it. I hope he dies miserably. Even our national hockey team was threatened that if half (50%) of the men and woman teams are not black, they are not going to the Olympics.

We have a national crisis where Immigrants are getting burned alive, exiled, and forced out of the country, yet ****ing with rugby is more important. I hate it so much.

Some stupid black woman of parliament in SA once said that teams should be representative of the majority. That is utter bullshit, look at the US black people are a vast minority but take the NFL and NBA there they represent or make up 70% + of the teams and it's not because they are black but because they are the best at what they do, the same with the NHL where there are almost no black people.

South Africa needs to move away from this you get the job or you get picked for the team because your skin is black. You need to be picked on the basis of experience, merit and qualifications. Finish and klaar. That's why this country is in such a shambles with things like Eskom and service delivery.

<div class='quotemain'>I honestly think that Wales are capable of sneaking a result, and I;m not going just on starting line-ups. We've got some very decent players settled in teh team, and others (like Cooper, Daffydd Jones and Jamie Roberts) who are certain to be deperate to get a long term place in teh team. Not gonna predict anything, because I've had crap predictions this season (apart from the Six Natiosn anyway).
[/b]
If Wales win there's no way you could describe that as sneaking - a big result that must be down to Gatland bringing in underperformers or newbies who instantly fit with a team that knows how to take a tight game.

Coming out of SA with even one win after losing a handful of big game players will put Wales on a new level.

C'mon ye boyos! [/b][/quote]

If anything, the Bok team are the newbies. Got this off keo.co.za.

SPRINGBOKS

1. Gurthro Steenkamp (13 Tests)
2. John Smit (75 Tests)
3. Brian Mujati (0 Tests)
4. Bakkies Botha (45 Tests)
5. Andries Bekker (0 Tests)
6. Luke Watson (1 Test)
7. Juan Smith (42 Tests)
8. Pierre Spies (7 Tests)
9. Bolla Conradie (15 Tests)
10. Butch James (26 Tests)
11. Bryan Habana (36 Tests)
12. Jean de Villiers (33 Tests)
13. Adi Jacobs (10 Tests)
14. Tonderai Chavhanga (2 Tests)
15. Conrad Jantjes (11 Tests)

Total of 316 caps, average of just over 21 caps per player

WALES:

1. Adam Jones (48 Tests)
2. Matthew Rees (21 Tests)
3. Gethin Jenkins (58 Tests)
4. Ian Gough (50 Tests)
5. Alun-Wyn Jones (21 Tests)
6. Jonathan Thomas (44 Tests)
7. Dafydd Jones (29 Tests)
8. Ryan Jones (21 Tests)
9. Gareth Cooper (35 Tests)
10. Stephen Jones (70 Tests)
11. Shane Williams (56 Tests)
12. Sonny Parker (30 Tests)
13. Tom Shanklin (52 Tests)
14. Mark Jones (39 Tests)
15. Jamie Roberts (1 Test)

TOTAL: 575 caps, average 38 caps per player

---

Even if all those experienced players on the bench came on, it doesn't represent our strongest team. Will the world ever see our best 15 players wear the green and gold in the game? I hope so. You'll probably have to watch the Tri-Nations, assuming that PdV is using the 3 June Test matches to experiment. Hopefully in the 2nd Test we'll bring out the big guns, give them a good a proper thrashing just to show the Boks mean business in thier own backyard. Not this water down version of a Bok starting 15. Wales are champions of Europe! Come on PdV, have a go!

That **** bag Sport minister of ours Mike Stofile, said that if we lose every game we play, but "represent our country racially" then so be it. I hope he dies miserably. Even our national hockey team was threatened that if half (50%) of the men and woman teams are not black, they are not going to the Olympics.

[/b]

I thank Bob Marley everyday that Stofile lost in the running to become the SARU president this year. Racial discrimination is against iRB policy, we learnt about that when the Boks got banned during the apartheid years, but now they turn a blind eye to this circus? The international rugby community must stand up against this BS.

Oh well. Chavhanga and Habana at one wing is still a promising aspect. The only real thing i am cheesed about is Jacobs at centre. How good would De Villiers and Steyn be together? Lethal i think!!! PdV is gonna get whacked so hard by the media if we lose this.

*worried bok fan retreats while thinking about the Welsh smiles busy accumulating* :(

I hate to say I told you so but De Villiers is hellbent on implementing the nations majority agenda. This should come as no surprise to any South Africans and I can see this guy and his backers putting the famous Boks back years. This is the start of something terrible for a proud rugby nation
[/b]

I knew it was over when those politically aligned ******** at SA rugby appointed a coach who has no proven track record, instead of Heyneke Meyer, who has won the super 14, numerous currie cups, been to 3(i think) s14 semi finals and who incidentally doesnt spout nonsensical shite and contradictions from his rectum like De Villiers does. God i hate S African Politicians!!!!!

The Boks will win, but after that.... im not so sure. I really do think this may be the beginning of a long spell of Springbok calamity and bs.

Sorry to overshadow what should be a good game with some of my pent up frustration

i think the springboks are going to be in for one MIGHTY MIGHTY shock.

wales 30
south africa 19

i think the springboks are going to be in for one MIGHTY MIGHTY shock.

wales 30
south africa 19[/b]

Dont you mean the representatives? Because Wales might beat the representatives, but come back and talk to us when they beat the Springboks. LOL. Adrian Jacobs, ridiculous.

<div class='quotemain'> If Januarie didn't mess up, this team wouldn't be half bad (except for Kankowski's exclusion). That means Bolla is in the starting line up and Pienaa replaces Steyn. Vermaak >>> Kocksh*t though ;)

[/b][/quote]
Oh fek off with the midget stuff Prest, we all know you love our language!
mad.gif

And for the prediction:

South Africa 17
Wales 23

We should still win. With the current team I'd say +20... If we were to pick a team on merit +50
If the Welsh lose to us by more than +20 points, they should feel very ashamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts