South African Franchise areas

Victorl

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Blue Bulls
Hi there,

At the beginning of the broadcast (in NZ) there are graphics of the areas the franchise playing represents. I'm wondering whether these graphics are correct for the South African franchises, especially relating to the Bulls and Lions.

The Kings area is dived up between the Sharks and Stormers, the Cheetahs seems fine but according to the graphic the Bulls represent (CC unions) the Blue Bulls, The Leopards and the Pumas (Pretoria, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and North West) and the Lions represent the Golden Lions and the Falcons (the rest of Gauteng excluding Pretoria). (See the first image, this is the Franchises according to the graphic)
SAFranchises2.jpg

I was under the impression that the Bulls represented the Blue Bulls and the Falcons and that the Lions represented the Golden Lions, the Leopards and the Pumas. (Second image is what I thought the Franchises were)
SAFranchises1.jpg

Can some one please tell me which provinces represent each of the Super Rugby franchises of South Africa.

Jip, Lions franchise includes the Puma's and Leopards (I remember Michael Bondesio also jogging out for the Lions while still contracted to the Puma's). At least, they did last time I checked but I don't think there has been any changes apart from the Sharks and Stormers ceding EP, SWD and Border to the Kings.

Jip, Lions franchise includes the Puma's and Leopards (I remember Michael Bondesio also jogging out for the Lions while still contracted to the Puma's). At least, they did last time I checked but I don't think there has been any changes apart from the Sharks and Stormers ceding EP, SWD and Border to the Kings.
Michael Bondesio played for the leopards

Latest posts