• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South African young players

S

savundra92

Hi and thanks for coming to this thread. At my college we have touring teams from South Africa come to play us every year. I do not mean to be insulting. in fact its on the contrary. Your players are absoultely huge. The biggest yet was a team from Durban. I cant remember the name of their college. You guys have some promising players of the future and these guys werent just big and strong. they had pace. Some people from that team were being entered into Provincial rugby as soon as they finished their education. Are there any other young South African's who will be like the next Spies, Kankowski, Burger etc in the Currie Cup etc. ?
cheers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jan 7 2009, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi and thanks for coming to this thread. At my college we have touring teams from South Africa come to play us every year. I do not mean to be insulting. in fact its on the contrary. Your players are absoultely huge. The biggest yet was a team from Durban. I cant remember the name of their college. You guys have some promising players of the future and these guys werent just big and strong. they had pace. Some people from that team were being entered into Provincial rugby as soon as they finished their education. Are there any other young South African's who will be like the next Spies, Kankowski, Burger etc in the Currie Cup etc. ?
cheers[/b]

I'm not South African but I hear Nick Koster is a great player.

yeh he's a flanker and number 8 playing for western provence. i cant find any videos of him.do you think he will make it into stormers this 2009 super 14 season? are there any other guys who will be stars of the future? whether it be forwards or backs etc. cheers

Koster came on for the BaaBaas against Australia last month, and although I didn't really notice his performance I would have thought he would be in the S14 this coming season and will be a star of the future.

From what I hear Koster is pretty damn amazing, havn't seen him that much though.

But getting a call up to the BaaBaas at his age is pretty incredible, really should watch that game already.

Robert Ebersohn who played in the South African 7s team looks like he will be great (think he plays centre).
Same with his brother Silas (fly half?), but maybe to a lesser extent.
Also have heard a bit about Wilton Pieterson (Fullback) and Francois Hougaard (Scrum half)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (allyoop @ Jan 8 2009, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Robert Ebersohn who played in the South African 7s team looks like he will be great (think he plays centre).
Same with his brother Silas (fly half?), but maybe to a lesser extent.
Also have heard a bit about Wilton Pieterson (Fullback) and Francois Hougaard (Scrum half)[/b]

yeh i heard about wilton pieterson. i think he's JP's relative or something? thanks for the replies guys

Latest posts