• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sports Person of the Year

Tony Manx

TRF Season Ticket Holder
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Biarritz
We are now 11 minutes into this years attempt to galvanise the public into believing that they have any credibility in sports and all we have had is a band no one has heard of, a croaking Lineker who could surely have been replaced, one male and two female presenters made up to look so false it is unbelievable, and sports that no one has ever heard of or actually really ever wants to........................and I do not see it getting any better before Homeland starts at 21.00!!!!!!

Past sell by date when you do not cover any sports BBC!!!

Completely baffled how the greatest ever player to lift a snooker cue is once again not nominated. At 39 he's still getting 147s and winning tournaments, miles ahead of everyone else.

Ronnie would have been my winner easily.

Completely baffled how the greatest ever player to lift a snooker cue is once again not nominated. At 39 he's still getting 147s and winning tournaments, miles ahead of everyone else.

Ronnie would have been my winner easily.

Especially as it is the only sport that they actually broadcast, because it is cheaper, such that they would have anything to show!!!

I agree with you about Rocket................but what can one expect from a PC Left wing BBC who do not really like competitive sport unless it has an agenda or a VERY minority interest like Dressage for gawds sake!!!

Ronnie didn't win the World Championship though, it's literally the only barometer on which you can judge him.

What does Rory have to do, a Bobby Jones?! :D I really can't stick Hamilton.

But he won it in 2013 after a whole year out, which is remarkable, and didn't get a nomination then. So that's pretty much irrelevant. It doesn't really take away the fact he's the most talented player ever.

Like im sorry, but the bloody dressage gets a nomination?!

Hey, what more do the BBC want...................a Ladies team very deservedly, but a Ladies team, winning the Team of the Year, a sop to golf with Paulie getting the Coach of the Year, (whereas there really were more deserving candidates as coach if not better people), a Lifetime Achievement award going to a homer and Lewis Hamilton, yes that would be the ***** Lewis, winning the overall over that McIlroy (either of whom, for me, could and should have won) chappie who has proved himself to be the best golfer in the world (on his own talents and not that of 400 engineers) and who only features in the occasional, very occasional, and certainly less than Lewis, BBC broadcasts!!

BBC could not possibly have asked for more..................................

But he won it in 2013 after a whole year out, which is remarkable, and didn't get a nomination then. So that's pretty much irrelevant. It doesn't really take away the fact he's the most talented player ever.

Like im sorry, but the bloody dressage gets a nomination?!
He should have got it in 2013 but not this year, it's a pretty irrelevant award though and even with the nomination there's nowhere near enough snooker fans in the UK and a lot of people who would dislike Ronnie so he hasn't really got a chance.

The public vote is ridiculous really, Rory McIlroy achieved a hell of a lot more than Hamilton this year, I could have won the Driver's championship with the car he had.

.....................it's a pretty irrelevant award though............ .

Now it is..................but was a chance for the Beeb to spend a fortune to show that they are terribly politically correct!!

It was a very over the top load of nonsense which, I am glad to say for me, was interrupted by the excellent Homeland!!

When you come to think of it, Ronnie probably had more air time on the Beeb than any other candidate this year!!!

Now it is..................but was a chance for the Beeb to spend a fortune to show that they are terribly politically correct!!

It was a very over the top load of nonsense which, I am glad to say for me, was interrupted by the excellent Homeland!!

When you come to think of it, Ronnie probably had more air time on the Beeb than any other candidate this year!!!
Sure I watched X-Factor for the first time in about 6 years... At least Rors will win the RTE one next week, he's an Irishman at heart after all! :p
As for Ronnie, he'd probably have to win every single tournament he plays, take up swimming and win three golds in Rio while winning the F1 drivers championship and the Masters to be in with a shout for 2016, it's his last chance!

So long as McIlroy didn't win the outcome was irrelevant, so I'm really pleased for Hamilton.

Latest posts