Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
So the shortlist has been drawn up ...

_64387292_spoty-nominees-reference-kink.jpg

Olympic and Paralympic athletes dominate the shortlist for the 2012 BBC Sports Personality of the Year award.

Bradley Wiggins
Ben Ainslie
Ellie Simmonds
Jessica Ennis
Sir Chris Hoy
Rory McIlroy
Nicola Adams
David Weir
Mo Farah
Andy Murray
Sarah Storey
Katherine Grainger

5 women, well that should shut the raging feminists up who were whinging about last years group. To me its either Mo, Wiggins or Ennis. Does anyone think that McIlroy, as brilliant he is and the year he had, is nominated 'cos the selection committee realised they couldn't all be Olympians

5 women, well that should shut the raging feminists up who were whinging about last years group. To me its either Mo, Wiggins or Ennis. Does anyone think that McIlroy, as brilliant he is and the year he had, is nominated 'cos the selection committee realised they couldn't all be Olympians

Probably haha, but what they did in the Ryder Cup was unbelievable - coming from a person who doesn't have much interest in golf!
I guess they needed atleast one golfer.

If you were going on about a golfer ... surely Poulter would have been it?

Poulter should be on that list his whole persona at the Ryder Cup was great

McIlroy has won 5 professional tournaments, including a record 8 shot PGA Major Championship win. Alongside this he was part of the winning European Ryder Cup team and has regained the world No.1 spot. Following on from becoming the youngest player to gain 10 million euros on the European Tour, this year he became the youngest player to gain 10 million dollars on the PGA Tour. To cap it all off he won both the PGA and European Tour money ***les in 2012.

Based on physical achievement I don't think anyone can say that he doesn't deserve the award but there's more to the award then that. We're looking for a personality so I would like to see either Weir, Wiggins or Farah receive the award.

I reckon it'll be Farah who gets it.
To be honest you could pick any of them and it would be a deserved win.

I kinda hope Mo get's it. He is such an amazingly nice guy, and what he did in the Olympics was incredible. It helps that my favourite Olympic events are the 5,000 and 10,000 metres and I absolutely hate golf (to watch at least).

I reckon it'll be Farah who gets it.
To be honest you could pick any of them and it would be a deserved win.

The bookies are convinced it will be Wiggins, he is quite a firm favourite at 2/5. Whilst Sarah Storey is 300/1 odds to win despite making the top 12 contenders.

Doesn't matter, an Argentina athlete would win if allowed. ;)

Hahaha.

Although I'm pretty sure Muhammad Ali won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year several times - as well as BBC Sports Personality of the 20th Century.

Wiggins Won, Ennis in Second and Murray in Third.

Murray is a grumpy bugger. Glad Wiggins won it though, Chris Hoy should be in 3rd in my opinion as he most likely wont get nominated again and has done some amazing stuff.

Adam Jones giving a cheeky glance at the camera too!

Latest posts