• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spring Tour: Australia vs Scotland. (05/06/2012, 09:35 GMT)

From the wooden spoon to beating...Pocock's team.
how...the hell....did this happen ?!!!!!!

* I mean, no offense to Scotland but...wtf ?!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a polite reminder to just edit your posts in future and not double post, thanks.

From the wooden spoon to beating...Pocock's team.
how...the hell....did this happen ?!!!!!!

* I mean, no offense to Scotland but...wtf ?!!!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lMnAnx9g_-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

i wish it rained all the time

I watched this from an oil rig in the middle of the north sea, deff made my shift a bit better.
Was impressed by barclay and rennie, the game was tailor made for big stroker, i suspect he will be less effective on the hard and fast. cusiter is another player who seams to be built for wet weather combat.

looking forward to seeing the back line get some ball in the next match.

my selection would be

1.R.Grant - impresive debut deserves another crack
2.R.ford - a doubt as he is nursing a thigh injury,
3.G.Cross - think his superior fitness will be used as the oposition are not renowned for scrummaging
4.R.Gray - Great work rate
5.A.kellock - great leader, makes up for fords lack of chat
6.A.Strockosh - abrasive vs aus
7.R.Rennie - will shine or harder ground
8.J.Barclay - the 2 sevens will be handy
9.M.Blair - a better choice for an expansive game
10.G.Laidlaw - his chance to play his expansive game
11.T.Visser - long awaited debut
12.M.Scot - chance to show his club form
13.N.De-luca - defensive leader
14.J.Ansbro - tuff one but lamonts sore ribs and evens just off the plane i think ansbro will edge it
15.S.Hogg - solid in aus

Any Arguements?

Just a polite reminder to just edit your posts in future and not double post, thanks.

it's funny how typing "polite" really makes this passive aggressive lol !! I'm a bit scared of you now...
but yeah, my bad. Won't hpn again.

I watched this from an oil rig in the middle of the north sea, deff made my shift a bit better.
Was impressed by barclay and rennie, the game was tailor made for big stroker, i suspect he will be less effective on the hard and fast. cusiter is another player who seams to be built for wet weather combat.

looking forward to seeing the back line get some ball in the next match.

my selection would be

1.R.Grant - impresive debut deserves another crack
2.R.ford - a doubt as he is nursing a thigh injury,
3.G.Cross - think his superior fitness will be used as the oposition are not renowned for scrummaging
4.R.Gray - Great work rate
5.A.kellock - great leader, makes up for fords lack of chat
6.A.Strockosh - abrasive vs aus
7.R.Rennie - will shine or harder ground
8.J.Barclay - the 2 sevens will be handy
9.M.Blair - a better choice for an expansive game
10.G.Laidlaw - his chance to play his expansive game
11.T.Visser - long awaited debut
12.M.Scot - chance to show his club form
13.N.De-luca - defensive leader
14.J.Ansbro - tuff one but lamonts sore ribs and evens just off the plane i think ansbro will edge it
15.S.Hogg - solid in aus

Any Arguements?

give murray another shout for for the last scrum alone, ansbro at 13,brown in replace of lamont, happy for laidlaw to start but would like to see weir get some decent game time as well as ryder and alex dunbar. has anyone read rugby world this month, in the nick de luca article on page 65 the author has called alex dunbar, john dunbar. i think this is pretty disgusting from a leading rugby magazine to get the name wrong of an international rugby player. do they not proof read?

Last edited:
Bad crack indeed, he was also featured as one of there hotshots last year some time so its not as if they dont know him. think ansbro gives us something on the wing he is physicle but still rapid. I know de luca gets a bit of stick but i cant remember him having a BAD game for club or country for a while now. i think he is the man to start in the 13 jersey with matt scott getting subbed and the whole back line moving up one to let brown come onto the wing. i still think that murray will struggle in the heat. the rev does have plenty and life still in him but for this game i think he would be a better option from the bench. Agree with you on weir, we need him to get a few game under his belt even if it is from the bench but laidlaw should be able to open up a bit in the dry and then we will really see what kind of backline we have.

I love a good selection debate!!!

Highlights.

(A bit tongue in cheek...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts