• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spring Tour: New Zealand vs Ireland - 3rd Test. (23/6/2012, 07:35 GMT)

It's not fair, because alot of mental fitness comes into play and with Boxing you have certain boundaries and only have to concentrate on punching and counterpunching, with MMA, it's alot more open, you gotta be more aware of your opponents lunging reach for takedowns, it's alot more diverse than just boxing...

When you put it that way it seems fair, but you said Sonny has no fighting talent at all and someone compared him to Healy, so with that said, it seems they are on the same level, so including the MMA fighter you brought up kinda defeats the purpose.

Any respect Ireland gained last week has disappeared. Can't wait to hear the New Zealand press brag about it, seriously, should've given the win to Ireland last week (feel really sorry for BO'D). <_<
On a slightly different note would Paul O' Connell, Tommy Bowe and Stephen Ferris have made a a difference, had they come on this tour (still new to rugby)?

Yes a massive difference; O'Connell and Ferris are absolute warriors and with due respect to McLaughlin and O'Mahoney both were found to be off the pace at this level yesterday. We had some fight yesterday, which guys like Healey and Ryan showed, but Poc and Ferris would have brought a hell of a lot more bite and leadership towards the Irish pack.
P.S While I'm absolutely gutted for the guy, and I don't mean this in a disrespectful way at all, but I thought that BOD was very poor by his own standards yesterday and can't help but feel that perhaps his age is really beginning to show, which is bad news for Ireland as without the likes of himself and Poc we may see a few more performances like that (probably not as bad, but just as rudderless).

Last edited:
Lol I'll give credit where credit is due, SBW has rugby talent for sure.

But fighting talent? Hell nooo! I'm sure him being a great athlete will already put him ahead of a lot of people, but an athlete does not maketh a fighter.

Tillman was old, and fat, and no cardio. SBW has very little to no boxing skill. I'm sure he can punch, and knock out most guys on here. But put him up against any decent guy of the same weight division and he gets destroyed.

Better yet, if you fanboys think he's the be all and end all; I'm sure you'll have no issues of him fighting this guy (who's a weight class lighter than him):

:lol:

To note, main difference between guys like Jon Joens and SBW, pros like Jon are dedicated and committed to being the best rather than just reaching for the payday and fame...

My .02 cents.

Im not a fan boy of SBW but why would you bring jon jones into this? haha i thought you would have known that boxing and mma are two different sports. Well if you didn't know i will let you know now. Boxing does not equal mma lol

Anyways you say athletes dont make fighters? What exactly makes a fighter for you to say this??

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a post the other day where some mug was claiming Cian Healy would skin is SBW alive, lol SBW would make short work of the fat idiot.
Didn't you see SBW destroy Tillman (who is basically a Healy clone, except for more fighting talent)

You're right since someone dared suggest Healy would win in a fight he must be a fat idiot. Now no one here would really be able to say whether or not he's an idiot as none of us as far as I know went to school with him or had long intellectual debates with him. However I would say he's not really fat. It's no longer the case that every prop is a fat **** anymore in fact many of them are now beasts a category I think Healy would fall into. As far a fight between them I'm sure if it was in a boxing ring with proper rules I'm sure SBW would make his superior reach and experience tell. In an actual fight could well be a different story Healy is far stronger and seems far more aggressive also in an actual fight anything can happen

@Darwin I should have said earlier when I was talking about SO'B's ball carrying ability I should have mentioned he hasn't been anywhere as good since the WC. Whether or not this is because more note was taken of him and teams were doubling up or because he was converting to 7 and it seems like lost a lot of weight in his chest and arms I'm not sure. He did start making a few of his iconic breaks towards the end of the season. It still seems he's lost a lot of his ball carrying ability at the expense of his now excellent breakdown skills. In a team with our starting pack which contains carriers like Healy, Ryan, Ferris and Heaslip the breakdown skills will work well but yesterday we needed linebreaking SO'B.

Anyone saying BO'D's finished after one match I cannot at all agree. Yeah he didn't have a great game yesterday but he was excellent last week and in the H Cup final after having surgery 10 days before it that should have put him out for 5 weeks. I say wait and see until next season. If showing his age means he has the odd poor game but plays as well as we're used to more often than not then I'm just fine with that.

I saw a post the other day where some mug was claiming Cian Healy would skin is SBW alive, lol SBW would make short work of the fat idiot.
Didn't you see SBW destroy Tillman (who is basically a Healy clone, except for more fighting talent)

Take his pork a bit deeper there sure...

Healy could well skin SBW alive he's a mediocre boxer , but you seem to think of you are a good boxer you are a good fighter..

How many fights outside of a ring have you seen fought queensbury mate? There's a whole other world of hurt that Healy would be able to bring to that row..Elbows, Knees , Head ...

Healy would most likely be skinned in a boxing ring...indeed I'd put my house on it.

But if they cross anywhere that SBW didn't have his gloves and mouthgaurd I'd wager Sonny would be ******** out his teeth for a few days..

Take his pork a bit deeper there sure...

Healy could well skin SBW alive he's a mediocre boxer , but you seem to think of you are a good boxer you are a good fighter..

How many fights outside of a ring have you seen fought queensbury mate? There's a whole other world of hurt that Healy would be able to bring to that row..Elbows, Knees , Head ...

Healy would most likely be skinned in a boxing ring...indeed I'd put my house on it.

But if they cross anywhere that SBW didn't have his gloves and mouthgaurd I'd wager Sonny would be ******** out his teeth for a few days..

When I envision LN7 saying this, for some reason I picture him slurring.

However I think you'll find that;

1.Sonny Bill Williams is the New Zealand heavyweight champion
2.Tyson Fury is the best fighter in Ireland
3.Sonny Bill Williams bet Ireland 60-0
4.Tyson Fury can beat Cian Healy in a fight.
5.Sonny Bill Williams bet Ireland 60-0 and Tyson Fury is the champion of Ireland.
6. Therefore we can conclude Sonny Bill Williams would beat Cian Healy.

My logic is undeniable.

Last edited:
I have taken a hit due to some late night posting it seems...

However I think you'll find that;

1.Sonny Bill Williams is the New Zealand heavyweight champion
2.Tyson Fury is the best fighter in Ireland
3.Sonny Bill Williams bet Ireland 60-0
4.Tyson Fury can beat Cian Healy in a fight.
5.Sonny Bill Williams bet Ireland 60-0 and Tyson Fury is the champion of Ireland.
6. Therefore we can conclude Sonny Bill Williams would beat Cian Healy.

My logic is undeniable.
0004ed24-642.jpg

Try punch that.. You could smash a ****ing brick off that skull and he'd continue to be better than Gethin Jenkins...

trololol

Last edited by a moderator:
Katie Taylor is the best fighter in Ireland.

Ugh. I mean other than the fact that my first post wasn't serious, I can't work out what that post was meant to achieve. She's the best amature female boxer in the 60kg weight devision (by some distance), but I don't know how you'd compare that with the WBC #7 ranked heavyweight in mens professional. I guess in terms of overall success maybe more (?). Regardless, they'd both beat up Cian Healy, though I'd pay more money to see Katie Taylor do it.

Wait, what? When did this forum turn into a school-yard?

You're a school-yard.

Last edited:
I'm messing with you. Anyway boxers are generally useless in a proper fight as since they're used to bunching with gloves and their knuckles aren't conditioned they're like to break a knuckle if they punch someone's jaw as hard as they normally would.

Last edited:
Cian Healy will **** you all up..

He's like a honeybadger and he doesn't afraid of anything...

Latest posts