• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springbok 2016 Worst in History

So here is the record for 2016 under the affirmative action run SARU.

Played 12
Won 4 - 33%
Lost 8 - 67%
Worst record in professional era

PF - 240
PA - 329
First time SA has finished season with more PA than PF

TF - 20
TA - 35
First time SA has finished season with more TA than TF

Finished IRB ranking 6th - equivalent worst with 2003/4 era who at least had a 52% win ratio.

Lost to Ireland for the first time ever at home.
Only the 2nd loss ever to Argentina
Biggest losing margin ever at home (NZ 57-15)
1st loss to an injury beset England side in over a decade.
Lost to Italy for the first time ever.
Only the 3rd loss ever to Wales who themselves are a side playing badly.
First time ever SA have not had an away win in a season.

This is small peek into the state of chaos that exists in SA today. It is very indicative of the systematic destruction of a country that had so much potential.

Last edited:
Current IRB rankings

https://rawling.github.io/wr-calc/

SA currently 6th, Scotland 7th, France 8th with just 1.66 points between them.
If Scotland and France get a few good wins in the 6N they would leap frog SA leaving them 8th by the end of March 2017.

Sad to see,everyone loves seeing a big powerful SA team dominating games up front!

2nd worst. Worst would be when they food poisoned the All Blacks...

Allegedly.

By all accounts SA Rugby management and team had nothing to do with this allegation.
It was reported by a member of the security detail (though never proven) years later that this was a plot by betting syndicates.

If memory serves NZ rugby conducted their own investigation and found nothing conclusive.

Then there was the 2012 accusation that the entire AB squad had been poisoned before the 38-21 loss to England. Really - it happened again?

Odd how these accusations only come out after the game!

Let it go.

I've gotten over both of them. SA deserved the win. No excuses. And it's not like England have a long history of beating the ABs... have you ever won a back-to-back game in your seven wins?

Usually it takes you ten years to gain momentum to win a game... 73, 83, 93, 02... then a brief period of doing it twice in two yearswoth a win in 03, then a hiatus until 2012. I won't harp on about the '36-'73 drought... but you should be up for your next win about when I'm due to collect my pension.

Deep down, despite your posturing that you are unbeaten in 2016, you know who the better team is. Or are you confident that if you'd given us a crack this year you would have won?

One thing I've not gotten over, Aussies, is The Underarm Incident.

Never forget...

- - - Updated - - -

And my Bokke cousins, rest assured we are just as ****** off about it as you are.

Kiwi rugby supporters are strange - we ****ing CHEERED the Ireland win, while bemoaning a sub-par performance on our part. What a cracking game. Theres no chance of us gloating over your misfortunes.

Australia thiugh, **** em. Cheika and his 'grand slam' nonsense. Who ever declares a grand slam vpbefore they even leave home, especially on the back of such parlous performances leading up to the tour. Truly he's a man with his head up his own arse.

And i feel for your coach... I don't think he's a bad bloke and he comes with some pedigree, unlike the chancer you had before. I suspect you are in a slump as much from the ineptitude of the,previous coach as you are from the current squad. Things go in cycles and he's inherited a bad setup. Given time, even with your bizarre selection criteria, I think he will make it work.

You have to have faith. As a Kiwi cricket supporter, you know I know all about faith :D

Last edited:

Latest posts