• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springbok squad for the Vodacom Tri-Nations

J

Jer1cho

The full Springbok squad for the Vodacom Tri-Nations away leg:

Backs:

Bolla Conradie, Jean de Villiers, Peter Grant, Butch James, Conrad Jantjes, Adrian Jacobs, Enrico Januarie, Bryan Habana, Percy Montgomery, Odwa Ndungane, JP Pietersen, Ruan Pienaar, Francois Steyn

Forwards

Andries Bekker, Bakkies Botha, Schalk Burger, Bismarck du Plessis, Ryan Kankowski, Tendai Mtawarira, Brian Mujati, Victor Matfield, Pierre Spies, Juan Smith, John Smit (captain), Gurthro Steenkamp, CJ van der Linde, Joe van Niekerk, Luke Watson

Pretty decent pick i think, but no surprises. I would have still put in Tonderai Chavhanga instead of stupid Ndungane though....

JP pietersen is the second fastest man in south africa (after habana).
He's excellent

Well atleast PdV dropped Bobo... I think Pietersen is the right replacement for Chavhanga.

Really confused on why Tonderai Chavanga was dropped and JP Pietersen was included :blink: JP wasn't in favour for the tests against Wales and Italy, and was out of form during the Super14 while Chavanga was in form during his time in the Super14 and was picked for the three tests. Seems a bit odd to me.

I just wonder if any of the NH supporters even care about the 3N's and what a great spectacle it is or the fantastic standard of rugby it produces. I mean we all know the great atmosphere and pulling power of the 6Ns, but this 3n's is shaping up to be the most competitive of recent years and could produce some of the worlds best rugby in the last wee while.

I hope it gets the interest it deserves!

Chavhanga didn't play against Italy

[/b]

My mistake, got ahead of myself there.

I just wonder if any of the NH supporters even care about the 3N's and what a great spectacle it is or the fantastic standard of rugby it produces. I mean we all know the great atmosphere and pulling power of the 6Ns, but this 3n's is shaping up to be the most competitive of recent years and could produce some of the worlds best rugby in the last wee while.

I hope it gets the interest it deserves! [/b]

I would watch any game in the Tri-Nations before watching a game in the Six Nations. Guess mainly because I have always believed that the southern nations produce better, and more entertaining rugby than the northern nations.

JP pietersen is the second fastest man in south africa (after habana).
He's excellent[/b]

I'm sorry WHAT? Chavhanga is the fastest rugby player on Earth dude. Get your facts right. I saw Clyde Rathbone smoke Pieterson.

Latest posts