• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springboks bring back the Zulu dance!

pieter1979

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Why not?

There is no doubt that the All Blacks have a psychological advantage over any team facing the HAKA!

Even though Fiji and Samoa also have a dance of their own,from a Springbok point of view it is not a problem as we go into that match knowing that we will probably win anyway but facing tha Haka is a different story.

A little bit of doubt can go a long long way.The All Blacks a are saying,'we are going to beat you'.The game has not even started and we have already beaten you!That is what they are saying.

No I also don't want to see a Springbok team standing on a field trying to throw both their legs over each shoulder and jump up and down.The forwards are really going to have trouble with that one.

Get 10 Zulu's together.2 of them beat the hell out of a couple of drums while the rest with their spears make a few moves.The Boks can shout all together every now and again something like Haaaauuuuu...drum drum drum...Haaaauuuu...drum drum drum...Haaaauuuu!!!!.

In 1926 the Boks performed a war dance before big matches.We need that back and we need to show all the nations at the world cup especially the All Black that this Bok team is an all together different animal.Believe you me they will feel the doubt in all the right places!

They have and so should we.In fact we are closer to tradition with the Zulu dance than the All Blacks with their Haka.

We are still the world champions and still the team to beat and the fact that we are not number one at the moment makes us the most dangerous team in the tournament!

The Zulu dance will unite the people of South Africa even further.

Bring it back Div.

Skull designs.

Would love to see the boks doing a Zulu dance.
you forget Tonga who also have a war dance.

What? Seems like a clever way of disguising that little spam link you have at the bottom...

Anyway, It's a **** idea, and has no place in SA rugby. Never has, never will. About 0.09% of players in this country have a zulu culture. How is getting a bunch of them to sing and dance with spears and skirts going to do anything for us? No thanks.

Ahhh come on man...It is that sort of negativity that will always keep us stuck in second gear.

And why so aggressive?Gee wizz...Chill out bru..

WTF?Why is everybody posting double posts?If the Springboks are to do any dancing before a game, it should be the "Leeuloop":D

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear you but still think that any opposition facing a zulu dance will have some kind of doubt in their mind.Ok,it should be a cool short and sweet and loud affair not something silly but I think it will do the job man.

Die leeu loop!

That will work for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant see it being fearsome...but would be a good new tradition for rugby to embrace

Meh, it seems like a "they've got it, so so should we". The Zulu dance really isn't associated by many South African's as a part of their culture, the way the haka is. Almost every kid in New Zealand can do at least some variation of the haka, and it's recognized over seas as a kiwi tradition. I don't think it has the same level of cultural identification and significance in SA as the haka does New Zealand, especially as mentioned earlier, so few SA rugby players have any Zulu heritage.

Interesting initiative

waiting for Boks dancing like this

zulu_dance.jpg

Why not?

There is no doubt that the All Blacks have a psychological advantage over any team facing the HAKA!

Even though Fiji and Samoa also have a dance of their own,from a Springbok point of view it is not a problem as we go into that match knowing that we will probably win anyway but facing tha Haka is a different story.

A little bit of doubt can go a long long way.The All Blacks a are saying,'we are going to beat you'.The game has not even started and we have already beaten you!That is what they are saying.

No I also don't want to see a Springbok team standing on a field trying to throw both their legs over each shoulder and jump up and down.The forwards are really going to have trouble with that one.

Get 10 Zulu's together.2 of them beat the hell out of a couple of drums while the rest with their spears make a few moves.The Boks can shout all together every now and again something like Haaaauuuuu...drum drum drum...Haaaauuuu...drum drum drum...Haaaauuuu!!!!.

In 1926 the Boks performed a war dance before big matches.We need that back and we need to show all the nations at the world cup especially the All Black that this Bok team is an all together different animal.Believe you me they will feel the doubt in all the right places!

They have and so should we.In fact we are closer to tradition with the Zulu dance than the All Blacks with their Haka.

We are still the world champions and still the team to beat and the fact that we are not number one at the moment makes us the most dangerous team in the tournament!

The Zulu dance will unite the people of South Africa even further.

Bring it back Div.

Skull designs.

This post is at least 4 different flavors of ignorant

If the South Africans continued with the Zulu dance since 1929 then most of the people also would have been able to do some sort zulu dance too cause they would have seen it on tv every time the boks played.You are right though,the Boks should have continued with the 1929 war dance,now it would seem a little odd,but tell me something as a Kiwi if you don't mind.The white NZ boys are doing the Haka with the Maori (please forgive my spelling).Have the white people in NZ adopted some Maori traditions that would justify them doing the war dance with the Maori's?It would be interesting to know and if so,what exactly?If the white boys back in the day...way back in the day were part of Maori war groups if I can call it that then by all means but if not then there is no reason why the Boks can't pick up their old Zulu war dance also as part of being South African,living with Zulus where many whites can speak their language.We live with the Africans day in and day out.Our cultures are different believe you me but connected cause we are in the same baot.Also they support the Boks.

If you can update me on that one I would be happy,it would be interesting to know more about the Haka and the Maori's and NZ rugby.

I think it would look stupid and be pretty much totally unrelated to the current springbok players...

The fact that had they continued doing it in 1929 it would be tradition now is totally irrelevant as they didn't so it's not. End of story.

I hear you...It would spice up the atmosphere though.It would get both sides pumping.

What about an English war dance?Group of seriously old school soldiers on horses and swords in the hand.Run on to the field get into a battle formation shout a little and then run off again.It would just be something cool too meet the haka and spice up and motivate the boys.I for one would love to see something like that!

I hear you...It would spice up the atmosphere though.It would get both sides pumping.

What about an English war dance?Group of seriously old school soldiers on horses and swords in the hand.Run on to the field get into a battle formation shout a little and then run off again.It would just be something cool too meet the haka and spice up and motivate the boys.I for one would love to see something like that!

It wouldn't get both sides 'pumped' up; it would get one side amused and another a bit embarrased. I think facing down the Haka can get you're own side pumped up just as much without any forced theatrical BS. IE Kobus Wiese staring down the Haka 1995 RWC final.

i like the idea for the english
maybe the french could have some old revolutionaries with guilotines decapitating some rich toffs

Latest posts