Intercept King JDV

Bench Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Soccer_City.jpg

http://www.sportsdigitalcontent.com/uploadedbigimages/Soccer_City.jpg

All Blacks coach Graham Henry has inadvertently revealed that South Africa and New Zealand will play their Tri-Nations rugby match next month at the Soccer City stadium in Soweto.

South African rugby officials have not yet announced their decision to move the match to be held on Augus the 21st from Ellis Park in Johannesburg to the 95,000-seat Soweto venue used for the football World Cup.

He confirmed the venue for the match in answer to a question then recognized his error and sought advice from the All Blacks' media manager.

"Yeah, that's official isn't it," Henry said, before turning to media manager Joe Locke and asking "am I allowed to say that Joe?

"I've just said it, haven't I? It's been speculated ... no, I'm not allowed to say that. " he is quoted as saying by the Stuff website.

"No, it's only speculated we're playing in a stadium that holds 97,000. Gee, that would be great, wouldn't it? I can't wait."

The South African Rugby Union are expected to announce the move in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
Source

Should be nice if the game is held at Soccer City!

Oh dear, you know what this entails to, right?

P.S. Its loud and irritates players

Haha yeah but hopefully those things will be banned from that game.It is a beautiful stadium though, and even "grumpy" is excited with the idea of playing in front of 95 000 fans!

Oh crap...didn't think about that.

I don't want the AB's near that stadium!

It will be a great game , already have a group of then people joining me :)

Latest posts