• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springboks vs Wallabies, July 24th 2010, Third Tri Nations Test

Yep played in good spirit and played very well did Pocock yesterday. It would have been easy for Pocock to take a swing at Burger given that Pocock was on top and Burger underneath but he showed true professionalisim.

I am really dissapointed with the discipline of our players. Burger should know better than getting his hands anywhere near anyones eyes no matter what the circumstances. And even if there wasn't much in Fourie's dumping tackle he clearly lifted the player up and as a professional player should be whipped by his team for puting them under pressure even though the Aussies didn't score while he was off.
Pocock being on top and Burger underneath should give you a clue; Burger was being strangled and tried to push Pocock off. That said, his fingers did come in around Pocock eye area and he is very lucky to escape a citing.
Also think Fainga was lucky not get pinged for multiple punches thrown at Spies although not really making any connections worth mentioning does make it less likely.

Pocock and Genia were the difference in this game and congrats to the Aussies and good luck with the ABs.

Are you sure stormer2010?....it really looks like Burger striked his hands at his eyes like a cobra and this isnt the first time for Schalk. Well if you see that as a push fair enough but ahhh...I dont know lol.

I just hope he doesnt do it again hes a fine rugby player just doesnt need to do things that are not rugby and that might ban him from the sport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, push? Are you kidding, that is terrible and is definitely an attempt to eye gouge if not an eye gouge, how did he not get banned for this?

48 hours have passed and nothing has been said or done so looks like nothing has been done about it.

Disgusting, it really is.

Did anyone notice the amount of people wearing shoulder pads, they need to grow some balls.

LOL, okay the replay has me convinced. Had it a bit different in my mind. Ai, tog.

Latest posts