• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sprint/Speed training

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iWin

Anyone know some good ways to increase general speed and acceleration?
These need to be the sort of thing I can easily do in the evening every day.
I really need to get faster if I want to stay on the wing.

You might want to research thoroughly about plyometrics. They give you explosive acceleration and increase your overall speed and leg power. I used plyometrics when I played basketball and easily could reach the hoop and I'm 5' 10".

anything really simple to start off with? I've got a decent bit of speed as it is, but am quite light. So I want to bulk up at some point (I'm still a teenager, so have plenty fo time), but I want to work on speed and leg power first.

anything really simple to start off with? I've got a decent bit of speed as it is, but am quite light. So I want to bulk up at some point (I'm still a teenager, so have plenty fo time), but I want to work on speed and leg power first.
[/b]

Eat. Eat. Eat. But not junk food, eat lots of proteins. Gaining weight will slow you up if you don't work out your legs. So depending on your age, you could start working out with your own body weight by doing push-ups, squats, pull-ups and any kind of "natural" exercise if you haven't reached your full stature, or gym weight lifting (free weight or with machines) if you are fully grown. One thing has to be clear, you have to be very constant. That'll bulk you up. Guaranteed or your money back.

Eat a Chicken and a loaf of bread everyday, as well as pasta and red meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts