22 1st 20/20, Wellington

26 2nd 20/20, Auckland

28 1st ODI, Napier

31 2nd ODI, Queenstown

January

2 3rd ODI, Christchurch

6 4th ODI, Auckland

9 5th ODI, Hamilton

does seem to have backfired on Mahela that decision there, another wicket gone as well, 46-3 now.

154 all out nz 8/1

not a good decision to bat first, that first wicket by malinga sounds good, pity i still am not at home!!!!

http://www.cricbuzz.com is quite good. they have live text commentary and do other games as well plus they have live chat so you can talk to other people while the game is on.

nz 85/2 at the close and in a good position to over take the sri lankan total and build a nice lead tomorrow

Good stuff from Bond and Franklin- the sub-continental players all seem to struggle against real pace away from home. Strange decision to bat 1st by Jayawardene.

Looks like Fleming and co. can set themselves for a biggie tomorrow- could be a very long tour for the Lankans. BTW, I remember on SA`s last tour to NZ, the wickets being flat and docile- I remember 1 pitch was actually glued together to last all 5 days- very low and slow stuff. What happened to the pitch today, or is it a case of pitches for courses?

it was more overhead conditions, aparently there was only movement off the seam with the new ball, like you would expect, but it was cloudy all day and it gave the ball some swing

today 154/6 at lunch, 1 run behind, flem looking good on 42, cumming out for 43 bowled behind his legs, murili and vass bowling well

it was more overhead conditions, aparently there was only movement off the seam with the new ball, like you would expect, but it was cloudy all day and it gave the ball some swing

today 154/6 at lunch, 1 run behind, flem looking good on 42, cumming out for 43 bowled behind his legs, murili and vass bowling well
[/b]

i am reviewing your post WOOSAAH

If I were a mod.......i'd amend it to this

today 154/6 at lunch, 1 run behind, flem looking good on 42, cumming out for 43 bowled behind his legs, murili chucking and vass bowling well
:bleh!:

yeah i should have said 1 run in front as well

now we all out for 206 55 ahead (or something) flem 49 vettori 63

21/1 jayasuriya backing up to far and bond cliped a drive back to the stumps to run him out

still havnt seen any of this test yet!!! at least i am going next week :)

and once again the Vita-man proves his true skill

Massive fan of Vettori!!!!

Great bowler, and can bat - dont you worry about that!!!

sri lanka 56/5!!! bond had a double wicket maiden, his over before that took a wicket and the over after that franklin took a wicket, come on kiwis finish em off tonight, knock off the small total tomorrow, and win inside 3 days :)

most of us aussies are blindfolded now with the Martyn news

but this is a great match to monitor.......its wicket central!!

yeah its not very often that a test has so many wickets in now days, 11 lost on the first day, 13 so far on the second with about 10 overs to go.

bond bowled 9 straight overs, i hope they dont over do him, there is a test up here in wellington next week, and i wanna go say hi :)

How long's it been since the black caps played their last test?.... seems like it was ages ago.

...and why is that?

no idea, last one was in april against south africa, only got 2 tests against sri lanka then all odis til world cup

and alot against the aussies.

we have a tour to south africa in septmber i think, and then england are here next year from memory

aparently its the new 6 or 8 year cycle the icc have brought in.

its the 3rd summer in a row we have had sri lanka, i am sick of them!!!

Sorry i meant home test

I heard the comentator say that this was Bond's first home test or first test wicket at home :eek: (something like that)

at "home" meaning jade stadium, as he is a cantabrian.

he has played something like 3 or 4 tests in new zealand, but been injured so much

and teams dont like coming to new zealand as its not financially worth it really

How long's it been since the black caps played their last test?.... seems like it was ages ago.

...and why is that?
[/b]

no idea. must be how the schedule worked out. we had a reasonable break this year over the winter with a few guys going over to play county cricket in england. and yeah as woosaah said these tests against sri lanka only ones this summer for nz. got the odi series with sri lanka then aussie for the chappel hadlee trophy thing and then the world series with england and aus before the world cup.

sri lanka 125/8 lead of 73. nz should win this tomorrow sometimes you would think

Great stuff from Bond- just what world cricket needs, a real tearaway speedster. Praying he stays fit for the CWC- always good to have the best in action, even against my beloved SA.

I reckon NZ have this one in the bag, should be all over by lunch on the 3rd day. By the way, is it just me, or does anyone else also think there`s something slightly "dodgy" about Malinga`s action too? Not saying he`s a chucker(yet!), but it would be interesting to see how he fares on the straightening elbow test, that`s for sure.

I think there were some questions during the Summer alright when Sri Lanka were in England but nothing seems to have come from it, plus he's played plenty of cricket in the meantime giving the authorities ample opportunity to see whether his action is questionable.

Latest posts