• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Srummaging Problems

L

leicester

Is anyone else having problems with scrummaging on ELITE difficulty? Other than this one ****le, I am enjoying the game as I feel it is much more balanced than any previously but...

...I have to play on elite to find that balance. On elite, however, I only win about 5% of scrms. Help?

You just need to buy a few good forwards, then you will win about 70% of your scrums.

Yeah, you definately win more with a better pack - but there does seem to be a lack of skill involved. It is hard to work out if pushing the left stick at a certain time makes all the difference or if it is purely down to the stats. I might have a bit of a go later on playing with much better/worse packs and shoving at different times.

Some useful tips. Thanks.

I still have the problem when not in World League, however. Even teams like Bristol & Newcastle are routinely winning scrums against the head against Leicester (unlikely eh?). I am trying to vary the timing of my push but can't seem to find any pattern. Has anyone found that timing the push and the hook works? If so, how do you get it right? It's really annoying me because everything else in the game is really so much better than previously.

The hook definately makes a difference - you can see it in the middle of the scrum from side view... the push timing is what I'm still investigating bacuase you can sometimes hook the ball but then get driven off it again...

It depends on your view. If you use one of the classics try pushing down in one of the halves because it is upside down for a halve.

I will say, the CPU started to turn a scrum on me this week and I managed to turn it straight again.

Proberberbly the one and only time I'll ever do it, but c'ect la vie.

Latest posts