• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

St Helens vs Warrington

S

St Helens RLFC

St Helens v Warrington (Fri)

Date: Friday, 15 February
Kick-off: 1930 GMT
Venue: Knowsley Road

Saints have been hit by injuries with Jon Wilkin, Maurie Fa'asavalu, Jason Cayless, Willie Talau and skipper Paul Sculthorpe all missing out.

They include Gareth Frodsham, an 18-year-old prop yet to play in Super League, and Chris Dean, 19, a centre or winger, in their 18-man squad.

Warrington are still without full-back Stuart Reardon and prop Paul Wood.

Second rower Andy Bracek or loose forward Simon Grix will take the place of the suspended Steve Pickersgill.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

St Helens (18-man): Wellens, Gardner, Gidley, Meli, Pryce, Long, Fozzard, Cunningham, Gilmour, Roby, Bennett, Flannery, Graham, Hargreaves, Clough, Tyrer, Frodsham, Dean.

Warrington (18-man): Hicks, M. Gleeson, King, Penny, Briers, Monaghan, Morley, Clarke, Rauhihi, Westwood, V. Anderson, L. Anderson, M. Gleeson, Parker, Johnson, Grix, Bracek, Bridge.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/7239677.stm

Always a game to look forward to. Normally cracking games as well with a whole selection of dramas over recent years. I have to say I fancy Warrington to end their totally awful record against us tomorrow. We are without a whole ream of players and it's going to come back and bite us I reckon.

First home game of the season! COYS!

Games between these two of late have been awesome viewing. I think it's about 7 years since Wire beat the Stains but I reckon they've got a good chance this time round. Come on the Wire :D

Fozzard vs Morley could be explosive! Bring it on :cheers:

I hope Morley tries to do Foz with the first tackle of the game and f***s his shoulder up again!

That was an outstanding game, great way for us to get our home season underway. It was tense and exciting and I thought we showed a lot of grit to overcome our injury problems and the officials. It honestly felt like we were up against 14 men at times tonight, some of the forward passes Warrington got away with were outrageous. It wasn't just them as well, we got away with one or two flat passes as well. New season, same old dire officiating.

Great game though, good derby between two good teams. Pryce was exceptional. I thought he was man of the match by a mile but in a game where we were outmuscled in the pack James Graham earned his wages and a little bit more as well. Also nice to see Ade Gardner make a mug of Kevin Penny, who had the second half from hell as 3 tries went directly though him in 5 minutes. Vintage Saints.

We ground it out in the end and it's still early season so everything isn't clicking as it should be but I am pleased with that tonight. A very good win.

Not a bad match report really from the BBC, but they failed to mention the guy in the crowd who could control Lee Briers.

I think Penny was shown up defensively, but I think the game really changed when King had to go off.

Saints youngster Frodsham looks like he has potential - the kid's a giant! Good performance from Saints overall - it was an enjoyable match on the whole, much more entertaining than a drubbing.

Not a bad match report really from the BBC, but they failed to mention the guy in the crowd who could control Lee Briers.

I think Penny was shown up defensively, but I think the game really changed when King had to go off.

Saints youngster Frodsham looks like he has potential - the kid's a giant! Good performance from Saints overall - it was an enjoyable match on the whole, much more entertaining than a drubbing.

Frodsham in the twenty minutes he was on looks an exciting young lad. Reminds me of a powerful prop in the Morley mould but not an utter twat, hopefully.

Roby, Graham, Clough, Frodsham... some good kids at Saints these days.

Defensively Penny is a doormat and Wire will leak a lot of soft tries on his wing this season.

I was worried about Wire at the start of the season, with their new signings etc. However, having watched them now, I'm not so worried. They're more dangerous in attack, but the defensive holes are still there. Their forwards are looking a lot more balanced now in terms of front row power and back row agility with the two Andersons, for example, although Vinnie's still a lazy get and I'd still like to know how Westwood got so big so fast. Whatever he's been doing, Kevin Penny needs, or he'll continue to be roadkill for the rest of Super League's wingers. The backs are looking dangerous in attack though, and given that Monaghan was supposedly carrying an injury (which might explain why he wasn't that good), perhaps he and Briers will form a bit of a partnership.

Nope, Warrington are improved, but they've still got some improving to do.

Especially if Trey Parker is missing.
[/b]
You're determined, aren't you?

But he looks the spitting image of Trey Parker!

I keep on banging the same drum, but it's true. Cullen's Warrington have always looked dangerous attacking but never caused much concern in defence. They will continue to be "almost, but not quite" until the coach changes.

Latest posts