• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stade de France warning to fans

aedw67

Academy Player
I must issue a safety warning for all fans who will be attending matches at the Stade de France or have accommodation close by in the Saint Denis area.I have just returned from attending the Champions League final there with my three children and also stayed just 500 metres from the stadium three nights.
I have never been to a more lawless place in my life after witnessing multiple street robberies and attacks from local gangs who the french call local delinquents.Most of the hotel guests had their cars either stolen or broken into.The areas around the stadium and outside the two train stations on RER B and RER D are the worst. The youths basically wait around in groups and once they target fans or tourists they will swarm all over them using real violence to take phones ,wallets,bags and watches. One fan had his jaw broken and others held at knifepoint.
Please be careful if you are visiting France for the World Cup in 2023 as you will not be told about this from the French authorities .We did not expect Paris to be anything like it was and will NEVER be returning

Saint Denis isn't Paris, staying there is like going to London and staying in Croydon. I'm sure it was a terrible experience but don't let it put you off one of the best cities in Europe.

Anyone going to the world cup should stay in Paris and travel out.

Saint Denis isn't Paris, staying there is like going to London and staying in Croydon. I'm sure it was a terrible experience but don't let it put you off one of the best cities in Europe.

I understand that Saint Denis is not in Paris but stare de France truly is and that's where the games will be so no matter where you stay you will have to go there. These local gangs were waiting at the stadium to snatch fans tickets from their hands with stewards too scared to try and stop them and this was after the pickpockets on the trains travelling out from Paris.

I understand that Saint Denis is not in Paris but stare de France truly is and that's where the games will be so no matter where you stay you will have to go there. These local gangs were waiting at the stadium to snatch fans tickets from their hands with stewards too scared to try and stop them and this was after the pickpockets on the trains travelling out from Paris.
1654159533260.png1654159533260.png

Attachments

• 79FAC727-C3C3-429E-B6D5-0063CB76A05E.jpeg
    79FAC727-C3C3-429E-B6D5-0063CB76A05E.jpeg
    413.3 KB · Views: 30
I plan to stay there twice in 2023 (there will be also a concert of my favourite singer in July in Stade de France)...am already trembling with fear tbh 😵‍💫 I've been to this area a few times as a tourist and..yes, it's really terrible. TERRIBLE. Would also advise for any woman (and man as well,tbh ) : better return to your hotel before 8 pm in almost any area in Paris (especially those far from city centre) if you don't have any plans the same evening.
I even think to buy a pepper spray or something like that before I go to Saint-Denis. Although, knowing this area, it's better to go there with a rifle or machine gun :rolleyes:

Best wishes and stay safe On your trips. Please bring it to the attention of as many people as possible to help them stay safe. These events should simply not be held their including the next Olympics ????

Wildly, wildly harsh on Croydon. Let's say Luton.

I'll be getting in and out of Saint Denis for the games and not waiting around in that **** heap. Fun reminder though that World Rugby did a safety assessment for 2023 and gave Ireland the same safety and security rating as France and South Africa 🤡

Interesting, Saint dennis... Thanks did not know France or Paris rather has such dangerous parts/suburbs...

How would locals or people in the know describe the reasoning behind the elevated crime? Will fingers pointed at Migrants?

Is it that bad?, do you think a South African savvy with navigating through dangerous areas on a daily basis will be able to navigate there comfortably if they were to be there during a World Cup?

It really is that bad yes especially when you are vulnerable with children. Not about being savvy or being from a tough neighbourhood . It's not about a fair fight these are gangs of little rats picking off the vulnerable . A gang of six mugged a lone 20 year old with bats just for his phone. He now needs surgery for his injuries.How on earth is the World Cup and Olympics being held here ?

Is it that bad?, do you think a South African savvy with navigating through dangerous areas on a daily basis will be able to navigate there comfortably if they were to be there during a World Cup?
Depends on the area and other circumstances: North of Paris (9th and 18th arrondissements), especially Pigalle and Clichy are not that dangerous for men, in general (it's an area of prostitution, sex shops and things like that) but are pretty dangerous for women (tourists). At least it's my personal impression.
And it's still better to choose those areas instead of Saint-Denis. Even if you are a man, better to go there in a company of friends I think,not alone

Interesting, Saint dennis... Thanks did not know France or Paris rather has such dangerous parts/suburbs...

How would locals or people in the know describe the reasoning behind the elevated crime? Will fingers pointed at Migrants?

Go with match traffic, zip pockets/bum bag, don't engage with locals. Generally the centre of French cities are where you want to be, the suburbs and outskirts are dangerous and bordering on ghettos.

The CL final was a disaster, organised with three months notice on a bank holiday so they wouldn't have had their full workforce, which fed in to OP's horrendous experience. It won't be as bad next year, I have never experienced trouble or heard any bad stories on rugby days at the stade de France. Just have your wits about you and you'll be fine.

I plan to stay there twice in 2023 (there will be also a concert of my favourite singer in July in Stade de France)...am already trembling with fear tbh 😵‍💫 I've been to this area a few times as a tourist and..yes, it's really terrible. TERRIBLE. Would also advise for any woman (and man as well,tbh ) : better return to your hotel before 8 pm in almost any area in Paris (especially those far from city centre) if you don't have any plans the same evening.
I even think to buy a pepper spray or something like that before I go to Saint-Denis. Although, knowing this area, it's better to go there with a rifle or machine gun :rolleyes:
Times have certainly changed. I was in France in 2013 and it was super chill everywhere I went including Paris (though I wasn't in Saint-Denis). Stay safe.

Latest posts