Stade Francais Andy Warhol lookalike jersey!

Discussion in 'Top 14 & Rugby Pro D2' started by melon, Oct 12, 2008.

1. melon

melon Guest

Here's yet another Jersey from Stade Francais. Whilst hideous it is somehow strangely attractive and to be hosest, I want it!

Anyways...discuss its disgusting beauty. Will Stade Francais continue to churn out these alternative jerseys or will it only stop when there is a different owner?

[​IMG]

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

I am undecided on this jersey, I can it is beautiful in a disgusting kind of way...

However I am going to consider getting one of the older jersey's...

4. melon

melon Guest

The faces are supposed to be Blanche de Castille, the wife of Louis VIII/mother of Louis IX

5. M Two One

M Two One Guest

Nice idea, but I don't think it turned out that well. I still give the team praise for taking a unique direction with their sports gear in general, but I'll stick with purchasing Biarritz and smaller club goods.

6. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Oct 12 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    That is fantastic, best one yet. I assumed the woman was The Virgin Mary. I am going to have to get Stade shirt at some point. They are so beyond the pale they are beautiful.

7. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

Guyzz I am sorry for being diametrically opposite to your posts but this jersey is absolutely tasteless <_<

Are these boys playing rugby or they are standing in Louvre as the masterpieces of Andy Warhol, Edie Sedgwick, Jasper Johnes or any other modern art icons????????

I don't like this jersey, looks like everything other than rugby jersey

As well as I dislike older one [​IMG]

8. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Oct 17 2008, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Nah the brown one is gross, all the others have been masterpieces. I love the uniqueness & the boldness of them.

9. DonBilly

DonBilly Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Oct 12 2008, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    To answer to your question I guess they stop releasing new jerseys when the sells drop. I guess that if Adidas fought so much a couple of years ago to sign Stade Français there should be a business explanation.

10. RC

RC Guest

I've always been a fan of the extravagent styles of Stade Francais (on behalf of Adidas), but as of last season i disliked the first jersey of theirs (the brown one above) and now this season i not much of a fan of the warhol-esque jersey.
    They've got a cracking home and away kit and yet, that european one just isn't doing it for me.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!