• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stade v Toulouse - no contest

M

moriarty

Is it just me or is there something wrong here? A Toulouse club spokesman has already said they'll be sending a weakened side to Paris in a fortnight's time because they want to rest players - such as Byron Kelleher - after two weeks of Heineken Cup action. Kidology or just plain French speaking? If I was a betting man, or woman, I'd get what's left of my mortgage on a resounding SF win. But this seems like legalised throwing of a match no?

I'd say it seems like they're throwing away the match, but apparently Toulouse is far more interested in the H-Cup this season then anything else. This is odd considering that French clubs tend to be interested in domestic ***les first.

Maybe being held as bridesmaids to a side which effectively rolled around with them in the mud for 80 minutes last season in Cardiff has stirred them into action for this season...

This season with the H-cup final weekend being one week before that of the Top14 SF and two weeks before that of the Top14 Final French clubs may not be able to go after both ***les. If I had to choose I would go for Top14 for sure.

Is it just me or is there something wrong here? A Toulouse club spokesman has already said they'll be sending a weakened side to Paris in a fortnight's time because they want to rest players - such as Byron Kelleher - after two weeks of Heineken Cup action. Kidology or just plain French speaking? If I was a betting man, or woman, I'd get what's left of my mortgage on a resounding SF win. But this seems like legalised throwing of a match no?
[/quote]

that is retarded, i thought they would beat stade but to be honest with that attitude toulouse always lose!

Stade look to be killing it - can someone tell me how Gasnier's going so far this season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Oct 22 2008, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Stade look to be killing it - can someone tell me how Gasnier's going so far this season.[/b]

He has played a couple of matches with the Stade Français but got injured. He may play versus Toulouse but it is more likely that he will play versus Clermont the following week-end.

Rugby Top 14 is now officially sponsored by Orange.

top14wg2.png

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (M Two One @ Oct 25 2008, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rugby Top 14 is now officially sponsored by Orange.

top14wg2.png
[/b]

They paid 6 Million Euros for this.

They have also a Sport TV Channel and will offer all the matches of the last ten seasons on their VoD service.

A not so weakened side of Toulouse (only Kelleher and Servat were missing) won easily at Stade de France this afternoon, 26-13 ! First loss there in a Top 14 game for Paris. They chocked after an early injury by Hernandez...

Toulouse are still the team to beat in France...

Any news on Henandez's injury, couldn't make out what the sideline reporter was saying, what chance of missing the Autumn internationals?

Toulouse were full value for their win and far more impressive than they have been in the Heineken Cup, if they match that level in the remaining pool games there won't be any doubt over their qualification and a home quarter final.

Thought it was interesting that the video ref was used for Ellisalde's try, it was my understanding that only in goal action can be questioned by the ref, not a knock on in open play?

The video refeering is to be applied when any mistake happens within the 22. Further away, it cannot be related to the happening of the try so it cannot be used. So it should have been a try for Toulouse. But it didn't change much in the end. I was shoked by Paris front row today Roncero is nothing of the beast he used to be

Are the rules different in France than they are everywhere else?
As far as i'm aware the video ref is not allowed to make any calls on anything that is outside of the in-goal area.
When did these rules change?

Wait...is it an ELV?

I swear i didn't hear anything about an ammendment to the video ref's involvement in the game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 26 2008, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wait...is it an ELV?

I swear i didn't hear anything about an ammendment to the video ref's involvement in the game.[/b]

well it's not uncommon to have different rules for different competitions, France has a different bonus point system so maybe the same is applicable as regards the video ref.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 26 2008, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 26 2008, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait...is it an ELV?

I swear i didn't hear anything about an ammendment to the video ref's involvement in the game.[/b]

well it's not uncommon to have different rules for different competitions, France has a different bonus point system so maybe the same is applicable as regards the video ref.
[/b][/quote]

There's also this additional front row player on the bench to avoid uncontested scrums. If a tam asks for playing uncontested scrums it will play then with 14 players.

Latest posts