Stamina and others things

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by SFRugby, Jan 24, 2007.

1. SFRugby

SFRugby Guest

I am having hard time keeping up with the backs in the rugby game. I also come home sore in my legs and feet when I practice rugby. I keep on slipping in the rugby field. What should I do to improve my performance?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. goranski

goranski Guest

you might just need to do some hard running (fartlek) on your own time, if speed is the issue sprints and an agility ladder will help - also, be sure you take a light jog around the field and stretch before practice, then do a more comprehensive stretch after practice is over do some type of a cooldown with lunges across the field or something - if your feet are sore you may just need to break into your rugby boots and give them time to adapt or look at getting a good fitting pair

4. SFRugby

SFRugby Guest

Okey thanks man.

5. Try running on sand, Ie a dry beach or up and down dunes....that give you a really good work out 'cause of the extra drag or perhaps try and make a tyre-drag and do sprints with it. It's good for getting the power back into your spint.

In terms of stamina I always used to run laps of the pitch and do the old jog along the sideline/sprint along the goaline drill.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!