• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stamping in the ruck

ieuleigh

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Scarlets
Does anyone else agree with me, that if the player on the opposite team, is either killing the ball or disrupting the play, you should be aloud to stamp to get him out of the way and not be penalised?

Defiantly not, could seriously hurt someone if a boot hits the head or genitals.. or genital head...

rucking not stamping. I've seen some bad, career ending injuries from stamping.

As others have mentioned, rucking should be fine - stamping certainly not. Not hard to crack a head open or break an arm/leg with a ferocious stamp by a 100kg+ guy.

A nice raking is fine.. I used to be partial to liberal use of the boot... Recently I don't do it though..I find it much more amusing to drag them out by the collar or Jersey like a bold child.

getting a proper stamp is no fun at all..had a few nasty injuries and all my fingers are in shite from Napoleon syndrome scrumhalves wanting quick ball

+1 everyone else. It's one thing setting out to educate someone through pain, quite another to take an action that has a strong probability of inflicting serious injury. A bit of rucking is the first, stamping is the latter.

A good old fashioned shoeing never hurt anyone, but ruck don't stamp.image.jpg

Last edited:
A nice raking is fine.. I used to be partial to liberal use of the boot... Recently I don't do it though..I find it much more amusing to drag them out by the collar or Jersey like a bold child.

getting a proper stamp is no fun at all..had a few nasty injuries and all my fingers are in shite from Napoleon syndrome scrumhalves wanting quick ball

Well get your hands off it in the ruck mun :lol:

A shoeing is fine but anything more is wrong.

I've never seen such total unanimity on this board. Its crazy.

Lucky, did you find yourself getting stamped on as much by your own scrum-half as the oppo's?

Lucky, did you find yourself getting stamped on as much by your own scrum-half as the oppo's?

No he knew better. :p

Even if I was in the wrong killing the ball for a horrible length of time I'd still flip my **** at a scrummie if he took the stamping too far.
Eventually it developed into a situation where teams we would play regularly would begin gouging at me and pretty nasty **** like that. bit of a rep for hotheadedness in my youth you see. It stopped one day when I decided to act a little more militantly than usual about it.

That said in my final few games as a flanker I picked up 2 yellows and a red. So I was no angel myself but I was never a coward.

No he knew better. :p

Even if I was in the wrong killing the ball for a horrible length of time I'd still flip my **** at a scrummie if he took the stamping too far.
Eventually it developed into a situation where teams we would play regularly would begin gouging at me and pretty nasty **** like that. bit of a rep for hotheadedness in my youth you see. It stopped one day when I decided to act a little more militantly than usual about it.

That said in my final few games as a flanker I picked up 2 yellows and a red. So I was no angel myself but I was never a coward.

You're a lucky 7 true enough then, our stampy scrum-half never cared what was in the way - worth it to see some quick ball, and I really got stamped on by him so it was ok!

The other stuff, never let them know they're getting to you, only creates trouble. Sure, sometimes you have to lay down the law, but its always better to let slide and take your revenge another day.

Maybe we should create a back-row club thread.

You're a lucky 7 true enough then, our stampy scrum-half never cared what was in the way - worth it to see some quick ball, and I really got stamped on by him so it was ok!

The other stuff, never let them know they're getting to you, only creates trouble. Sure, sometimes you have to lay down the law, but its always better to let slide and take your revenge another day.

Maybe we should create a back-row club thread.
I always ensured I got this.

I'm a winger now so I'm far more relaxed...even friendly..which is worrying only picked up 2 silly cards last year.
It's unbelievable how field position can utterly change a personality

Rucking yes Stamping no...although a stamp in the first few minutes on a sneaky flankers hand often stops a bit of cheating nice and early in the game.

I always ensured I got this.

I'm a winger now so I'm far more relaxed...even friendly..which is worrying only picked up 2 silly cards last year.
It's unbelievable how field position can utterly change a personality

You're dead to me.

its terrifying

I don't like it, it makes me feel uncomfortable.

As I read through the comments I had the distinct impression that everyone thought their mum was watching as they posted, and that rucking - in this case - was code for 'stamping as long as you can claim it was only rucking'. But perhaps I was wrong...

;)

das

Latest posts