• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stand-up Comedians...

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
You're the only poster on here so far that has mentioned the terms 'pakis, coons and queers' . You are racist, without a doubt - problem is that the target of your racism happens to be the indigenous people of this country.
[/b]
You are a douche bag. "Indigenous people of this country." Now that's comedy.
[/b][/quote]

I wondered when you'd pop out of your box, in full-on Clown's outfit, bouncing on your spring. Bernard Manning was somebody you have no knowledge of, despite any frantic searches on Google or whatever, so if we want an opinion off you about this very local topic, we'll ask. Douche bag? Good one.
[/b][/quote]
That's quite presumptious of you, now isn't it? No, I've never seen the man live, but it does not mean that I have no knowledge of him up until this conversation. But hey, I'm American and I don't understand your sophisticated English humo(u)r...what's irony, really? I'll just stick to my Larry the Cableguy and "Get er done."
By the way, I look sexy in a clown suit...just ask your mum.
[/b][/quote]

It would appear, then, that my presumption is correct. Irony was never Bernard Manning's strong point, and there was nothing sophisticated about his humour whatsoever - which is precisely the point you have missed by a long shot.

Give it up, you can't know everything, try as you may to sound as if you do. You wouldn't have known my mother: She was Irish. You ain't (ry as you may to sound as if you are...)
[/b][/quote]
I don't try to sound Irish, do I? Oh no! Me and my little fake accent I put on for all the board members. I'm ashamed you saw through it.
I completely understand your man wasn't sophisticated. He was cheap. Cheap shots here, cheap shots there. He was an all encompassing cheapshotest.
Next time please PM me when it's okay to post about a "local topic." I was unaware of the restrictions of this forum.

I don't try to sound Irish, do I? Oh no! Me and my little fake accent I put on for all the board members. I'm ashamed you saw through it.
I completely understand your man wasn't sophisticated. He was cheap. Cheap shots here, cheap shots there. He was an all encompassing cheapshotest.
Next time please PM me when it's okay to post about a "local topic." I was unaware of the restrictions of this forum.
[/b]

Back of the net.

Hats off Mr O-Ro

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
You're the only poster on here so far that has mentioned the terms 'pakis, coons and queers' . You are racist, without a doubt - problem is that the target of your racism happens to be the indigenous people of this country.
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I wondered when you'd pop out of your box, in full-on Clown's outfit, bouncing on your spring. Bernard Manning was somebody you have no knowledge of, despite any frantic searches on Google or whatever, so if we want an opinion off you about this very local topic, we'll ask. Douche bag? Good one.
[/b][/quote]
That's quite presumptious of you, now isn't it? No, I've never seen the man live, but it does not mean that I have no knowledge of him up until this conversation. But hey, I'm American and I don't understand your sophisticated English humo(u)r...what's irony, really? I'll just stick to my Larry the Cableguy and "Get er done."
[/b][/quote]

It would appear, then, that my presumption is correct. Irony was never Bernard Manning's strong point, and there was nothing sophisticated about his humour whatsoever - which is precisely the point you have missed by a long shot.

Give it up, you can't know everything, try as you may to sound as if you do. You wouldn't have known my mother: She was Irish. You ain't (ry as you may to sound as if you are...)
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

The only restrictions in any debate are those imposed by the limitations of the person's own knowledge of a subject which, in your case, is either nil, or second-hand, and used as a vehicle to stick your tuppence with in, and vent your own version of cheap shots.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

The only restrictions in any debate are those imposed by the limitations of the person's own knowledge of a subject which, in your case, is either nil, or second-hand, and used as a vehicle to stick your tuppence with in, and vent your own version of cheap shots.
[/b][/quote]
The only cheap shot I took was calling you a "douche bag." Fair enough, though. As far as limitations, then I have none. Your assumed knowledge of my knowledge is arrogance. You presume to much about who I am based on what little you know.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
The only cheap shot I took was calling you a "douche bag." Fair enough, though. As far as limitations, then I have none. Your assumed knowledge of my knowledge is arrogance. You presume to much about who I am based on what little you know.
[/b][/quote]

If I have come across as arrogant then I have to apologise, as it wasn't my intention. Neither do I believe the cack about 'English' (usually it is referred to as British in this context) humour as being more sophisticated or 'ironic' than American humour. I like Woody Allen and Steve Martin (well, the latter's 80's stuff such as "Trains,Planes and Automobiles", and "Roxanne". However, Bernard Manning was truly funny and his jokes were meant to be funny, not offensive. Some people, by no means all, found them offensive and these were in a minority who hounded him. I always defend such people, regardless of creed or colour. In the +30 years I have been lucky enough to see him, I have always found him immensely entertaining, and professionally miles ahead of the pack.

Your calling me a douche bag meant nothing to me. It caused me no reaction whatsoever. Sticks and stones, etc. You call me presumptious once more - but these presumptions are based on what you say in your posts, thus being the only way I can gauge what you know, by reading what you say - which is surely a fair enough way of assessing the other's depth of knowledge.

In truth, I was rather astonished at the speed with which you launched into your put down of Bernard Manning when common sense dictates that this Manchester comedian wouldn't have been high on the interest levels in America, anymore than, say, Lionel Blair would be. We can all Google these names and get some dry info on them, but without actually experiencing them first hand then any input is kind of meaningless, really.

Still and all, it'd be a dull place if we were all the same........

One of my friends recently introduced me to the genius of Amercian, Stephen Lynch. Perhaps not stand-up in the strictest sense, but very funny.

Warning - do not watch these videos if easily offended. I've included just a few, but there are plenty more examples on YouTube:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zIux3dM3Nv8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3IFUNIa2NU8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZkL1N19XXG4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEzwEzYGuTg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gsvV-sa6kXQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

If you can find some of Lynch on the Opie and Anthony show, I thoroughly recommend a listen.

Latest posts