• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Standout player of the tournament thus far

Yeah.. maybe. It looks bad. But who knows, the angle provided wasn't the best. But it was deliberate.

I watch plenty,still dont think he's the standout player of the tournament,do you?And believe me if Pocock had a Welsh accent and a mam called Morfydd I'd be a happy man.

Yip!!! If you see my earlier post I stated I think foley an Pocock have been the standouts. Are you really suggesting Wyn Jones has been the standout 2nd rower over De Jäger and Nakarawa? Or are you Valley Commando in disguise?

Yeah.. maybe. It looks bad. But who knows, the angle provided wasn't the best. But it was deliberate.

Come now, it wasn't like it was a trip :p.

Read some commentator in the UK make he rather fair point that citing commissioners should also be looking to impose bans on guys who incite this stuff with professional fouls by holding guys back off the ball. It's an immediate yellow card in the game, so surely they deserve some sanction in the post match wash up

Come now, it wasn't like it was a trip :p.

Read some commentator in the UK make he rather fair point that citing commissioners should also be looking to impose bans on guys who incite this stuff with professional fouls by holding guys back off the ball. It's an immediate yellow card in the game, so surely they deserve some sanction in the post match wash up

You're right. At the very least Pocock should have been given a Red Card.

Don't agree, Pococks knee incident very innocuous.

Stand out players Milner-Scudder, AWJ, Picamoles, Cordero, SBW, Biggar, Ayerza, Moore, Slimani, Gorgodza, Warburton, Hooper, Gororamu.

I reckon it's fair play to be honest. If a guy is holding you back off the ball you're within your rights to rather firmly bat them off. If that's with a little bit of massaging of the ribs, then so be it ;-).

Stand out players Milner-Scudder, AWJ, Picamoles, Cordero, SBW, Biggar, Ayerza, Moore, Slimani, Gorgodza, Warburton, Hooper, Gororamu.

Ayerza? At the start of the tournament I was expecting him to have a massive impact in the tournament, but I really don't think he has done anything to warrant being in that list.

You're missing Nakarawa (best performers of the pools imo) Van der Merwe, Foley, Laidlaw, Burger, Watson, Leitch, Dusautoir, the Gray brothers, Imhoff...

It's got to be Brad Barritt, flawless performances! He was a monster in attack making a whole 100 centimeters! You can't by that sort of raw passion and power (well you can because he is a Saffa but never mind). Truely an English great, able to play perfectly and 12 and 13. The Welsh were so scared of him they ran AROUND him like cowards because they didn't want to face his mighty defence!

Stop trolling or. at least, make it more subtle

We could go through every match and find at least one incident in every game that was, at least. as bad

It's getting boring

Last edited:
Ed Fairhurst.

I was thinking recently how we'd lost our way! There's a man who's better than all rugby players mentioned and not mentioned and people who don't play rugby and extra terrestrial beings and Groundhog combined multiplied by 6 divided by two squared... twice.

It's got to be Brad Barritt, flawless performances! He was a monster in attack making a whole 100 centimeters! You can't by that sort of raw passion and power (well you can because he is a Saffa but never mind). Truely an English great, able to play perfectly and 12 and 13. The Welsh were so scared of him they ran AROUND him like cowards because they didn't want to face his mighty defence!

They should call him Chainsaw, the way he cuts through the defence. He is the Lionel Messi of Rugby, I've never seen a player with more flair.

Last edited:
The stand out player for me and who deserves man of the tournament is Japan's Captain Michael Leitch, he has led his team to a spectacular upset in this world cup and has played with 150% every game. Surely no one could disagree with me here?

Latest posts