• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Star Player Swap

A

alijk1989

Hey, I was thinking of using Woosah's editor to switch around the star players on Rugby 08 from less deserving players to the more deserving ones. I was just wondering if you had any suggestions as to who to swap?

Percey Montgomery > Victor Matfield
Ronan O'Gara > Paul O'Connell
Jonny Wilkinson > Andrew Sheridan

Players I think should have stars after the world cup
Carl Hayman Nzl
Ali Williams Nzl
Finau Maka Tga
Mosese Rauluni Fij
Vilimoni Delasau Fij
Mike Hercus Usa
Berick barnes Aus

Brian Lima Sam for being able to knock himself out lol what a superstar :cheers:

tuqiri > mortlock! lol
[/b]

AGREED 1000000%

I don't know why Mortlock was given a star? Especially since he graces the cover of the Australian version.

Plus, they only gave him a rating of 81 despite the fact that he's now arguably the best outside centre in the world.

They really need to give him the tackle breaking abilities of someone like O'Driscoll, Umaga or at least Nonu.

Anyways, I think the game needs to cut down on the star players or at least spread them around a bit more, and reward some of the tight forwards.

As of the next edition the ONLY Australian players to have one should be George Smith, Mat Giteau, Stirling Mortlock and Chris Latham.

England should only have Wilkinson and Robinson.

South Africa should only have Matfield, Burger, Habana and maybe Montgomery.

France should only have Jauzion and Chabal. Understandably there is a LOT of hype around Chabal but I think he's such a wonderful impact player.

Wales should only have Shane Williams.

Ireland should only have O'Driscoll and maybe O'Connell.

Argentina should have Pichot, Hernandez and Roncero.

Italy should have Castrogiovani and maybe Parisse.

and New Zealand should only have Hayman, McCaw, Collins Carter and maybe Rococoko.

Even some of the Pacific Islander players such as Rauluni, and maybe Maka or A Tuilagi etc. should get stars.

At the least there's a LOT of quality players who need improved stats, and even more players who need reduced stats. Such as certain Aussie props.

I guess it would help if the developers of the game followed rugby.

The stars should be 'swapped' all the way into the rubbish bin, in favour of accurate stats. George Gregan rated 99? You make me sick EA.

The stars should be 'swapped' all the way into the rubbish bin, in favour of accurate stats. George Gregan rated 99? You make me sick EA.
[/b]

I would definately trade the whole star business for accurate stats and players in their proper positions.

I wonder which genius at EA thought that Julian Huxley's first position should be no. 8?

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I would definately trade the whole star business for accurate stats and players in their proper positions.

I wonder which genius at EA thought that Julian Huxley's first position should be no. 8? [/b][/quote]

Yeap. I agree 100%. EA sports, get stats and positions right first of all, star players shoudldn't be that important if stats were reasonably accurate.

Haven't got Rugby 08 yet, but I don't understand why Henson's stilla star player. As much as I like him, and I honestly think Wales need him back on form, he's been way out of form for ages. To be fair, he was pretty good in attack in the Aussie tour, still a bit rusty though after being out with injury, but still, not enough to still be a star player.

So Henson > Hook

Just remember that the star qualities are specific ones, you can't just give a forward a back's one or it would be stupid.

There were so many Aussies this year, and Mortlock was way too bad in the game, as was Barnes (but get real whoever said he deserved a star, he's not that good yet).

But Tuqiri probably still warrants it.

we should give 4 or 5 or 6 star players to NZ, Aus, SAF, France, England, 2 or 3 to Argentina, Scotland, Italy, Ireland and maybe Wales, and 1 or 2 for the rest. Some suggestions:

NZL : R.McCaw,C.Hayman,S.Sivivatu,D.Carter,JE.Collins

AUS : S.Mortlock, G.Gregan, S.Larkham, C.Latham, G.Smith

RSA : P.Montgomery, B.Habana, B.James, V.Matfield, O.du Randt, F.Steyn

FRA : C.Dominici, S.Chabal, Y.Jauzion, F.Michalak, JB.Elissalde

ENG : J.Wilkinson, L.Dallaglio, J.Lewsey, J.Robinson, P.Vickery

ARG : A.Pichot, F.Contepomi, J.Hernandez

SCO : C.Paterson, S.Lamont

ITA : S.Parisse, M.Castrogiovanni, A.Troncon

IRE : R.O'Gara, P.O'Connell, B.O'Driscoll

WAL : J.Hook, G.Henson, S.Williams

SAM : AL.Tuilagi, H.Tuilagi

USA : M.Hercus

TGA : N.Latu

FIJ : R.Caucaunibuca

JAP : D.Ohata

CAN : M.Williams, M.Pyke

ROM : M.Tincu

POR : V.Uva

GEO : M.Kvirkashvili

NAM : K.Lensing

I think EA should consider something like this.

i think its unfair rupeni caucau gets a star, basically coz he acts like a twat! lol rauluni is more deserving!

What version has Caucaunibuca got a star Ps2 or Pc? I've got both but he hasn't got a star on neither of them. But I do agree someone like Mosese Rauluni or Nicky Little deserve a star more than him.

i was pointing out he shouldn't get one g, as brilliant as the guy on the field is

they should give some tight fowards stars, eg. matfield and sheridan
barnes should have a headgear, along with kurtley beale and norton-knight
i have no idea when george smith has played second row, or mat dunning

we should give 4 or 5 or 6 star players to NZ, Aus, SAF, France, England, 2 or 3 to Argentina, Scotland, Italy, Ireland and maybe Wales, and 1 or 2 for the rest. Some suggestions:

RSA : P.Montgomery, B.Habana, B.James, V.Matfield, O.du Randt, <strike>F.Steyn</strike> F.du Preez

ENG : J.Wilkinson, <strike>L.Dallaglio</strike> A.Sheridan, J.Lewsey, J.Robinson, <strike>P.Vickery</strike> S.Shaw

SCO : C.Paterson, <strike>S.Lamont</strike> D.Parks

FIJ : R.Caucaunibuca, N.Little

[/b]

Just a few adjustments, I think you have a good list though.

;)

<div class='quotemain'>

RSA : P.Montgomery, B.Habana, B.James, V.Matfield, O.du Randt, <strike>F.Steyn</strike> F.du Preez

ENG : J.Wilkinson, <strike>L.Dallaglio</strike> A.Sheridan, J.Lewsey, J.Robinson, <strike>P.Vickery</strike> S.Shaw

SCO : C.Paterson, <strike>S.Lamont</strike> D.Parks

FIJ : R.Caucaunibuca, N.Little

[/b]

Just a few adjustments, I think you have a good list though.

;)
[/b][/quote]

reason why i picked phil vickery is because he showed great sportsman ship at the end of the world cup final interviews. i was :wah: :wah: :wah: for him and south africa :cryy: but the ab's should have won lol

Using woosah's editor i have tried editing players and giving them stars however i cant seem to remove them from certain players and when i add them te players dont seem to perform any different (eg. kick further) also in game play there is no star above their heads like there is with original star players
help please, exactly how do i do it so it all works properly?!

Latest posts