• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Star reassignments

R

ridgerunnersp

Ok, so I'd like some input for the reassigning of stars. I already replaced Burger with Matfield. I want to replace Wilkinson, O'Gara, Henson, Umaga, Spencer, Dallaglio, Rokocoko, Lewsey, J Robinson, Nyanga, and I think that's it.

Some of the players I've been thinking of replacing them with (in no particular order) are: Elsom, Mortlock, Cipriani, Croft, Hayman, Muliaina, Woodcock, Heaslip, Bowe, Du Preez, Traille, Dusatoir, Sean Lamont, Mike Blair, Kearny, Gethin Jenkins...

I want to get at least the best player in the world in each position. Thoughts?

Cipriani? Are ye mad boss? If I were you I'd look to include: Stephen Jones, Lobbe, Heymans, Castro and maybe Will Genia.

EDIT: You might want to reconsider Lamont and Traille as well.

mapusua is defently worth a star i think gerahty is worth a star but cipriani you must be mad and i wouldnt give a star to carl heyman

Hehe so much deed seeded feeling. Yeah good call on Cips. He was looking hot a couple years ago but not now.

I Know Carl Hayman isn't going to turn the game on its head, but he is the best tighthead in the world.

Geraghty isn't consistent enough. I want to put stars on players that have proved themselves at international level. (Guess that rules Cipriani out).

No Mortlock? I know he's been injured alot, but he is the leading all time S14 points scorer (I think). And the All Blacks sure always hate to see him take the field.

I did swap Tana Umaga and Fourie Du Preez last night.

Carl Heyman was the best tighthead in the world. He's been average at best of late.

As for Cipriani vs Geraghty; Cipriani has a lot of fame due to playing at Wasps and dating <strike>transexuals</strike> Kelly Brook. Geraghty is the real deal. His club form over the past 3 years is testament to that. If there wasn't so many putz' at the helm of England and he was given a proper run at 10, this would be shown on the international arena by now.

Who would you say IS the best tighthead right now? I do definitely want to give a star to Gethin Jenkins though. He is ballin'.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruggersp @ Dec 2 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok, so I'd like some input for the reassigning of stars. I already replaced Burger with Matfield. I want to replace Wilkinson, O'Gara, Henson, Umaga, Spencer, Dallaglio, Rokocoko, Lewsey, J Robinson, Nyanga, and I think that's it.

Some of the players I've been thinking of replacing them with (in no particular order) are: Elsom, Mortlock, <strike>Cipriani</strike>, <strike>Croft</strike>, <strike>Hayman</strike>, Muliaina, Woodcock, Heaslip, Bowe, Du Preez, <strike>Traille</strike>, Dusatoir, <strike>Sean Lamont</strike>, <strike>Mike Blair</strike>, Kearny, Gethin Jenkins...

I want to get at least the best player in the world in each position. Thoughts?[/b]

These players cannot be given stars. No way. Apart from Nyanga, most of the original stars were widely recognised as world class for a decent amount of time.

Which means no one English. No one Scottish. If I was handing out stars now:

Gethin Jenkins, Shane Williams, Lee Byrne, POC, Heaslip, BOD, Kearney, Bowe, Castrogiovanni, Parisse, Dusautoir, Clerc, Jauzion, Botha, Matfield, Brussow, Spies, du Preez, Fourie, Habana, Elsom, Smith, Giteau, Woodcock, McCaw, Carter, Sivivatu, Smith, Fernandez Lobbe and Hernandez would make my list.

Euan Murray is a possiblity, apart from the fact that he was world class for 6 months and has been injured ever since. Geraghty is ludicrous, he fails to stand out from a **** poor England team. Cipriani is even more ludicrous.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Dec 3 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Euan Murray is a possiblity, apart from the fact that he was world class for 6 months and has been injured ever since. Geraghty is ludicrous, he fails to stand out from a **** poor England team. Cipriani is even more ludicrous.[/b]

Going bay that theory after those recent internationals, I suppose Monye is also a **** player?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 3 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Dec 3 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Euan Murray is a possiblity, apart from the fact that he was world class for 6 months and has been injured ever since. Geraghty is ludicrous, he fails to stand out from a **** poor England team. Cipriani is even more ludicrous.[/b]

Going bay that theory after those recent internationals, I suppose Monye is also a **** player?
[/b][/quote]

Didn't say Geraghty was ****. But we're talking stars, and no, Monye isn't deserving of one either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Dec 3 2009, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Gethin Jenkins, Shane Williams, Lee Byrne, POC, Heaslip, BOD, Kearney, Bowe, Castrogiovanni, Parisse, Dusautoir, Clerc, Jauzion, Botha, Matfield, Brussow, Spies, du Preez, Fourie, Habana, Elsom, Smith, Giteau, Woodcock, McCaw, Carter, Sivivatu, Smith, Fernandez Lobbe and Hernandez would make my list.

Yeah I like the looks of that.

Players I am keeping the way they are are: Shane Williams, BOD, Jauzion, Habana, Smith, Giteau, McCaw, Cater...think that's it. Good call on the Argentines.

I wish that there was some way to keep track of who has the star lol. I keep forgetting who has them in the original game and who I've given them to.

Ones I've switched: Burger -> Matfield, Henson -> Jenkins, Larkham -> Mortlock, Umaga -> Du Preez

Ok because I am an obsessive loser, I made a list of all the original players that I could remember. The ones I am keeping have nothing next to them; the others have the names of the proposed replacement:

Pichot -> Fernandez Lobbe
O'Gara -> Kearny
BOD
Henson -> Jenkins
Williams
Lewsey -> O'Connell
Wilkinson -> Heaslip
Robinson -> Castro
Dallaglio -> Parisse
Nyanga -> Dusatoir
Jauzion
Habana
Burger -> Matfield
Montgomery -> Spies
Spencer -> Muliaina
Carter
Umaga -> Du Preez
Rokocoko -> Sivivatu
McCaw
Larkham ->Mortlock
Gregan -> Elsom
Giteau
Smith
Latham -> Ledesma
Tuqiri -> L Moody

I think that's it. Lemme know if I forgot anyone!

Nah, I'd have to disagree with ya. Not consistent to be sure, but he has been injured a lot. What I have seen has been solid. Now, whether he will be too old and slow to come back this time is a different story entirely. All the same, he isn't **** Mr. Queenshightackleland.

I think I'd like to get Clerc in there too. Hopefully there's another star out there that I forgot about. I might be getting rid of George Smith as well. Pocock seems to have knocked him off his perch.

if uve ever seen tuqiri he deserves his star and id give muliana to lewis moody

Unfortunately I haven't been able to see him play recently. Is he playing well at Leicester? I live in the states so pro rugby is sometimes hard to come by, internationals aside, so I only get to see Leicester play maybe once a month if that. Please say he's doing good; I've always liked Tuqiri (as a player at least) but he hasn't been that great recently. But maybe he's back on track?

if hes so shite why has he got caps for both barbarians and australia and more to the point why did leicester sign him. you may not see loads of trys but if you look at his defensive game he is amazing. I see all the leicester games and he has played extreemly well since he started.

Latest posts