• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Star Wars original trilogy

S

St Helens RLFC

You might not believe me, but in the past few days I have been watching the original trilogy for the first time in my life. I have never seen a Star Wars film, even though I know all the quotes through friends. I even do the imperial march whenever trouble is afoot!

And I have to say, it is rather good. One might even say "Impressive. Most impressive." I look forward to finishing it off tonight immensely.

Enjoy mate, would be interested in your opinions on the prequels once you get roung to them.

Nah, that'd only spoil it.

Even if Natalie Portman was HAWT! in Clone Wars.

Why can't more women look like Natalie Portman?

Anyway, the Originals **** all over George Lucas 2nd Attempt.
They are great films. I love them.

Even better, like Carrie Fisher in the Bikini.

I like Star Wars a lot more now thinking of that then I did this morning! :D

Are you watching the original cuts, or the digitally remastered versions with the extra scenes and stuff in? Because the original cuts **** over the others, even if the explosions don't look quite as pretty.

The were released recently in a 2 dvd set with the new versions.

I'd be keen to hear Dan's top 10 (or 5 if he can't be bothered) bits from the films. Very interesting hearing them from someone grown up seeing them for the first time.

There are some classic pieces.

Han Solo: Afraid I was gonna leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?
Princess Leia: I'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee.
Han Solo: I can arrange that. You could use a good kiss.

I'd be keen to hear Dan's top 10 (or 5 if he can't be bothered) bits from the films. Very interesting hearing them from someone grown up seeing them for the first time. [/b]

Hmmm.. that's tough because all three are magical films. I'll try though:

1. Hearing the Imperial March for the first time. Brilliant, brilliant piece of music. Sends shivers up the spine.

2. "Impressive. Most impressive." You start to detect Vader has respect for Luke he didn't have before.

3. The first sight of the Imperial Walkers.

4. Leia: "I love you." Han: "I know."

5. *choked to death* "Apology accepted, Admiral."

6. Leia choking the "vile gangster" to death

7. Yoda revealing himself to be the Jedi master.

8. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

9. Luke severs Vader's hand. Revenge and realisation.

10. Luke uses the force on the Ewoks to stop them eating him!

I remember first watching Star Wars when I was about 6 or 7. For me, the defining moment of falling in love with them was when Darth Vader emerges through the smoking doorway about 3 minutes in. Just his appearance both scared and fascinated me in equal measure.

As it happens, I was playing Star Wars Trivial Pursuit at the weekend, an Xmas present of my younger brother's. Turns out I'm still a massive Sci-Fi geek as I proceeded to own everyone in my family with my knowledge of the force.

I find the original trilogy a little boring now.
I remember loving them when i was younger, and i think i've only seen them about 3 times, but the last time i watched them (about 8 years ago) i wasn't too entertained.

And i certainly despise the new ones.
Refused to watch episode 3 actually.

I'll have to go watch the first trilogy again, methinks.

I first watched Star Wars when i was a similar age to Mite, though it was the 20th aniversary cinema release that got me into it. First one I saw was Empire Strikes Back. I loved them, got the vhs (old school!) box set one xmas, and I would get up early at weekends just to watch them, I loved the films that much when I was younger. Don't watch them as much these days but I might dig them out and watch the triology this week at some point.

[/b]

Ironically enough, the 3rd of the prequels is easily the best of that trilogy. And The Phantom Menace actually has the greatest lightsaber fight in any Star Wars film. It's just a shame the rest of the film is fairly tedious.

I find the original trilogy a little boring now.
I remember loving them when i was younger, and i think i've only seen them about 3 times, but the last time i watched them (about 8 years ago) i wasn't too entertained.

I'll have to go watch the first trilogy again, methinks.
[/b]

Well, if you watched Menace and Clones then you may as well watch Sith. It's like watching a movie that's 2/10 then another thats 4/10 and then not watching the third, which is 6 or 7/10 (depending who you are).

Can't comment on episode 3, of course, but Ray Parks as Darth Maul was f***ing cool!
He was the only good thing in the film, allowing for a kick ass choreographed fight scene.

I probably should watch the prequels. I wonder what of the rumours of a third trilogy...

If a third trilogy ever happened (unlikely, Lucas has stated that the story is finished and complete) , I'd want Lucas to do what he did during Empire Strikes back. Write a story and have someone like Kershner direct with slight tonal adaptations.

That's what made Empire so damn good. He just wanted to prove he could direct on these recent three and all he proved is that he used to be able to.

I think the story is complete. The rumours do persist though. I watched it with my mate last night and I said at the end that if they were going to make any more films they would have needed to have done it straight away. I'm actually pleased that it's down to the imagination about what happened afterwards.

Did Han and Leia have kids? Did Leia ever train to be a Jedi Knight? Is Skywalker the new Jedi master? And so on. Whatever you want to believe happened can happen. I love endings like that.

Latest posts