Starting a new life with rugby in another country

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by FerraraZ, Oct 24, 2006.

  1. FerraraZ

    FerraraZ Guest

    I currently go to Penn State and play for branch campus Berks (7-0) and under the EPRU (East Penn Rugby Union). I really just wanted to ask how would a college kid go about moving to england and trying to get into a rugby club over in England. Not knowing how rugby is overseas, other than a tour I did last year in Belgium, I wouldn't really know how to go about getting myself involved in the rugby scene in another country.
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

  3. fcukernaut

    fcukernaut Guest

    Well once you know where you're moving to just google what rugby clubs are around that area. You should be able to find a contact or two, send them an email and you should be well on your way. Also check to see if you need a release from USA rugby, probably not but you never know.
  4. DC

    DC Guest

    why dont you play for penn state?
  5. FerraraZ

    FerraraZ Guest

    After two years at this branch campus (PSU Berks 7-0 on the season and looking for the nationals in Div3) I would love to play at PSU Main campus. Their 5th in the nation right now I believe but the style of play in Europe and Northern Hemisphere rugby is the style of rugby I feel more comfortable playing at. I know that sounds stupid but after touring and playing some teams in Europe, I think I'll learn and improve much more playing over seas.
  6. fcukernaut

    fcukernaut Guest

    Of course you'll learn more going to a rugby driven country. You'll be imersed in the culture and get better coaching, as well as a different philosophy.
Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!

Share This Page