• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Starting a new life with rugby in another country

F

FerraraZ

I currently go to Penn State and play for branch campus Berks (7-0) and under the EPRU (East Penn Rugby Union). I really just wanted to ask how would a college kid go about moving to england and trying to get into a rugby club over in England. Not knowing how rugby is overseas, other than a tour I did last year in Belgium, I wouldn't really know how to go about getting myself involved in the rugby scene in another country.

I currently go to Penn State and play for branch campus Berks (7-0) and under the EPRU (East Penn Rugby Union). I really just wanted to ask how would a college kid go about moving to england and trying to get into a rugby club over in England. Not knowing how rugby is overseas, other than a tour I did last year in Belgium, I wouldn't really know how to go about getting myself involved in the rugby scene in another country.
[/b]

Well once you know where you're moving to just google what rugby clubs are around that area. You should be able to find a contact or two, send them an email and you should be well on your way. Also check to see if you need a release from USA rugby, probably not but you never know.

After two years at this branch campus (PSU Berks 7-0 on the season and looking for the nationals in Div3) I would love to play at PSU Main campus. Their 5th in the nation right now I believe but the style of play in Europe and Northern Hemisphere rugby is the style of rugby I feel more comfortable playing at. I know that sounds stupid but after touring and playing some teams in Europe, I think I'll learn and improve much more playing over seas.

After two years at this branch campus (PSU Berks 7-0 on the season and looking for the nationals in Div3) I would love to play at PSU Main campus. Their 5th in the nation right now I believe but the style of play in Europe and Northern Hemisphere rugby is the style of rugby I feel more comfortable playing at. I know that sounds stupid but after touring and playing some teams in Europe, I think I'll learn and improve much more playing over seas.
[/b]

Of course you'll learn more going to a rugby driven country. You'll be imersed in the culture and get better coaching, as well as a different philosophy.

Latest posts