Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Sydney
SOO_zpse46a1af8.png

Date: June18
Time:
8pm

Game II is now just two days away, so I thought I better get a thread going for the one or two Aussies on here. After 8 long years of Queensland dominance, NSW are in prime position to take their first series win after a classic gladiatorial clash in Queensland a couple weeks ago that saw NSW win 12-10 in a nail biting and bone breaking finish. The match saw 8 players injured in all, and we're still waiting to hear whether some - like DCE and Greg Inglis will be fit for Wednesday.

The teams have yet to be announced, so I'll update this once they are.

Last edited:
I can only partially agree with you mate.
Last year NSW also won the first game and then they got hammered in the following two games resulting in Queensland winning the series again.

This year NSW have the players who can do the magic, like Hayne, but it will be a very very difficult objective to realize.

I can only partially agree with you mate.
Last year NSW also won the first game and then they got hammered in the following two games resulting in Queensland winning the series again.

This year NSW have the players who can do the magic, like Hayne, but it will be a very very difficult objective to realize.

Last year we got hammered in game 2, and lost game 3 by 2 points. Also, last year game 1 and 3 were in Sydney, and we haven't won a game 1 match in suncorp for around 10 years. Lastly, last year NSW was on the end of all the injuries to key players, this year it's Qld.

It'll be a tough game, but I think we're much better placed this year than last

So Queensland and NSW are the Regions with more rugby tradition in Australia (League and Union), right?

Yep Eastern states states play rugby and the rest play mostly Aussie Rules. JT was far from his best in game one and not just with his goal kicking if he has a good game Queensland should win!

Yep Eastern states states play rugby and the rest play mostly Aussie Rules. JT was far from his best in game one and not just with his goal kicking if he has a good game Queensland should win!

Interesting, so if I'm going to live in Australia, I must to live in QLD or NSW to be happy. :cool:

Interesting, so if I'm going to live in Australia, I must to live in QLD or NSW to be happy. :cool:

Well... You could live in Qld if you just want to hang out at the beach, but if you want to live in a civilised place I'd suggest you come to sydney haha

Well... You could live in Qld if you just want to hang out at the beach, but if you want to live in a civilised place I'd suggest you come to sydney haha

Brisbane isn't a civilised city? haha

Last edited:
No, it's a town of heathen barbarians and bad coffee :p .

JT was far from his best in game one and not just with his goal kicking if he has a good game Queensland should win!

JT is an absolute freak, but I think the Blues nullified him pretty well in game I - put a lot of pressure on him and made him make plenty of tackles. If they can do that again and if DCE doesn't make it, then the Blues should be able to take it.

That said, Qld still have an insanely talented side, so if we can't put pressure on them up front and then they click in the backs we're in trouble.

Last edited:
Game 2 is indeed the key game. If Queensland manages to win this I reckon they will soo pumped up that they will also win game 3. I really hope NSW takes this.

Yeah, NSW have to win this game to win the series... They almost killed themselves getting the win in game 1, and so I reckon they might be spent by the time the play the third match in Qld if they lose tomorrow.

I have faith though - particularly after reading Laurie Daley spent several months with Steve Hansen and the All Blacks camp learning how they get their players to such high standards consistently.

While I would generally say I support Queensland but seeing the joy on NSW players face was pretty special Hayne could barley control speak or control himself in the interview he was tearing up so much.

Great game, happy to see NSW win it at last

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I've had time to digest it, I have to say this game reminded me an awful lot of the first England All Blacks test a couple weeks ago; completely dominated by penalties and hard forward battles with a tonne of pressure resulting in lots of handling errors, but ultimately decided by a solitary try in the last 10 minutes to the team that was probably dominated by their opponents otherwise.

Good on NSW for finally breaking this losing streak, my thoughts on the game reflect Sanzar's....not exactly a classic game of rugby league but tense and compelling nonetheless. Wonder how game three will go now that the series has been decided.

Latest posts