Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NSW

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

melon

<div align="center">
state%20of%20origin%20series%20col%20pos_160px.jpg

The decider. The game which decides the dominant rugby league state in Rugby League's centenary year. Get talking about it here.

Queensland's confidence in their Origin 2 team has shown through by naming the same 17 players who demolished NSW in the previous game. The only change has been internal which has seen Sam Thaiday moving to the bench with Ashley Harrison making it in to the starting side.

NSW have had to make wholesale changes in the back line and Jarryd Hayne has come back in to the team on the wing after returning from suspension. He replaces Steve Turner.
Injuries have allowed Joel Monaghan to replace Mark Gasnier, whilst Braith Anasta has replaced Greg Bird, and Mitchell Pearces replaces Peter Wallace.

Regardless of whether or not Bird was injured, Anasta had to come in to the team at 6 if NSW were to have any chance of winning as NSW sorely need a ball player in that position. With Wallace's injury it meant Mitchell Pearce was pretty much a shoein as his combination with Anasta is widely regarded as the best combination in the game at the moment.
If NSW are to win, it will be on the back of these two.

The Blues have been strengthened on the wing by the return of Jarryd Hayne, however Joel Monaghan will certainly have his work cut out for him. It seems one position is bolstered, whilst another is deteriorated.

Craig Fitzgibbon and Willie Mason have swapped roles in the run on team from Prop to Second Row and vice-versa.

The other change in the NSW camp has been on the bench. Newcastle's Steve Simpson has been replaced by his team mate Ben Cross.

Qld Maroons
[/b]
155px-Queensland_Maroons.jpg
  1. Karmichael Hunt - Brisbane Broncos
  2. Darius Boyd - Brisbane Broncos
  3. Greg Inglis - Melbourne Storm
  4. Brent Tate - NZ Warriors
  5. Israel Folau - Melbourne Storm
  6. Johnathan Thurston - NQ Cowboys
  7. Scott Prince - Gold Coast ***ans
  8. Steven Price - NZ Warriors
  9. Cameron Smith © - Melbourne Storm
  10. Petero Civoniceva - Penrith Panthers
  11. Michael Crocker - Melbourne Storm
  12. Ashley Harrison - Gold Coast ***ans
  13. Dallas Johnson - Melbourne Storm
  14. Billy Slater - Melbourne Storm
  15. Ben Hannant - Brisbane Broncos
  16. Nate Myles - Sydney Roosters
  17. Sam Thaiday - Brisbane Broncos
REFEREE - Tony Archer

</div>

Well at least there's no more Bird at five eighth... Shame about Gasnier mind you, that's a huge blow and I don't like the prospects for this match without him.
Still though, I'm betting that the boys can turn it around after that shocking performance in Brisbane.

Go The Blues!!!

Hard to see NSW winning, new halves combo, no Gasnier etc...
They still have a good side, just not their best but still capable of upsetting QLD

Iglis has been the Mantis... my moneys on QLD :p

Not a big RL fan but I'm watching this. NSW up by 2 atm. QLD right winger after scoring 2 tries from cross kicks, first one fortunate, the second one class.

Great game! Great D by QLD, ref was a bit of a twat against NSW though [/b]

To put it lightly...That forward pass call at the end there summed it up for me. But meh it's all over now, can't do ***** about it.

Typical Thurston eh........no surprise really when something is gonna give either way.

Thought the ref did OK myself, with the exception of the forward pass at the end, which was, by the way, given by the touch judge.

Fantastic game of rugby, by the way. Thought the Blues did a lot of huffing and puffing but struggled to break the QLD defence down, and it was magnificent as well. The Blues still haven't recovered since they got served a fortnight ago, IMO.

Latest posts