State of Origin - Game 3, 04/07/2012

TRF_melon

Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Thor
state_of_origin.jpg

It's one-a-piece!

With the decider being played at Suncorp Stadium, the Maroons have been installed as favourites to take their 7th straight series win.

Queensland has named a 20 man team which includes Matt Bowen who is tipped to take Billy Slater's position at fullback should he fail a fitness test later in the week.

For New South Wales, Akuila Uate has been dropped for the Bulldog's Josh Morris. NSW has also named an extended team with positions still up for grabs.

Queensland

Matt Bowen
Darius Boyd
Petero Civoniceva
Cooper Cronk
Matt Gillett
Ben Hannant
Justin Hodges
Greg Inglis
Nate Myles
Dane Nielsen
Corey Parker
Matt Scott
David Shillington
Billy Slater
Cameron Smith (c)
Brent Tate
David Taylor
Ben Te'o
Sam Thaiday
Johnathan Thurston

New South Wales

Greg Bird
Todd Carney
Ben Creagh
Robbie Farah
Paul Gallen (c)
Tim Grant
Jarryd Hayne
Michael Jennings
Luke Lewis
Trent Merrin
Brett Morris
Josh Morris
Mitchell Pearce
Beau Scott
Brett Stewart
Glenn Stewart
James Tamou
Anthony Watmough
Tony Williams

Good call on Uate being dropped by NSW he was terrible last round. I think you called it as well.

Thought I'm missed this, hopefully I can stay awake for all of it. May have dozed off a bit during the last game :lol:

I'm really looking forward to this one, I think this is NSW's chance to finally win one, and it's been an extremely competitive Origin so far. Especially with Slater possibly out of action for the Maroons.

For the Maroons, Reports are saying that Slater is indeed out of action and the Greg Inglis will be his replacment. Taylor and Bowen will apparently be the players dropped from the squad and might be playing club this weekend.

For the blues, Trent Merrin has been dropped as 19th man with 18th man Beau Scott to take the position of blues team mate Glenn Stewart should he be unfit to play.

You're right on the money with regards to the Maroons, Little Guy! Slater is out with Inglis lining up at fullback.

Dane Nielsen will be at left centre.

David Taylor has been cut and Matt Bowen will miss out on making his origin return.

Now Bowen is back into the Queensland side as the 18th man just in case Hodges isn't cleared to play(although he is expected to be fine). I'm hoping for a cracker, last years decider was over so quickly as the Maroons destroyed the Blues in the first 35 minutes.

I'm going to say Queensland by 4, but I could really see the Blues finally pulling out a series as well.

What are everyone's picks for the game?

I don't watch much league play, but I've always enjoyed State of Origin. I miss Lockyer lots, and I can't help feeling that if he was playing this year it wouldn't be one-a-piece going into the third. However, I think it's also going to be a far more exciting match because it certainly could go either way; it's not a given that SoO is going to be handed to the Maroons this year.

das

Maroons by 18, inglis to be freakish at fullback

What a game!!!!! Absolutely thrilling stuff. I feel bad for NSW, they fough hard to the end and Carney just nailed that pressure conversion. Maroons just a tiny bit too strong in the end and now seven in a row amazing.

Only saw the first half before I had to head out, but it was a great 40!

Here is a highlight package of this amazing contest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts