• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

State of the Wallabies

W

Wally

I write this as I watch the Wallabies put on one of the worst performances I've seen in a long time.

Firstly, it is painfully obvious we need the new rules put in place as soon as possible. If I have to watch any more games like this I will be put off rugby forever. We saw the other week how the game can be dictated by over the top refereeing. Perhaps I'm just used to how good this code can be after watching the Super 14 and Tri Nations. I'm sure my argument will be strengthened as the other tour matches unfold.

Tahu has failed to make any use of his opportunity at inside centre. As it stands he does not warrant an Australian jersey in my opinion. Go back to the Waratahs and learn the basics. Ioane and Turner were almost as bad. Give me Tuqiri any day.

Ashley-Cooper is not a fullback. He is an awful kicker, so what is he doing in this position still?

I find myself starting to question Robbie Deans' strategy. What is he trying to do? The Wallabies have been largely unimpressive for much of the season. If he is attempting to employ the Crusaders style of play into the Australian game it is failing epicly. The squad is very talented and something is going a miss.

Vast changes need to be made for the next game.

Edit:

Quade Cooper's try is hopefully the start of a new era. Also I can't believe we have an 18 year old out there.

What new code? We've already got both a hybrid set of ELVs and a much stricter interpretation of the breakdown. And guess what? We've just seen a scintillating game between South Africa and Wales.

Italy traditionally excel at slow and heavily forward orientated game. Not all games are going to be try fests. Get. Over. It. For. The. Love. Of. GOD!

I'd love to see the highlights but this must have been a huge game for Italy. How incredible that they've managed to push Australia this far and huge props to them!

Wally didn't you write a similar thing in the Ausseie/Italy thread?

I never saw the game so I can't judge. Were the Wallabies really that bad without the ELV's? Or has Italy just jumped a few levels?

We will know next week.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 8 2008, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wally didn't you write a similar thing in the Ausseie/Italy thread?

I never saw the game so I can't judge. Were the Wallabies really that bad without the ELV's? Or has Italy just jumped a few levels?

We will know next week.[/b]

Obviously you didn't see any of Italy's games in last years 6 Nations Games, they pushed Ireland an English VERY close, gave France a run for their money - a lack of finishing probably cost them those games, and of course, they beat Scotland. I mean ok, Wales hammered them, but I thought Wales play that game tactically well, and tired them out - and even in that game, they could have been ahead at half time, but for missed chances (if Canale hadn't have dropped one last pass, it would have been easily the try of the tournament).
So (for me at least) Italy have come on in leaps and bounds.

Agreed with your rant Wally. We're f***ing pathetic. Wallabies need to bring in these new players - Pocock, Cooper, O'Connor asap. Get rid of all the old farts that are in the Wallabies.

Quade Cooper is a loser. Ioane is great, Lote doesn't play well anymore so I hope he doesn't ever come back, get rid of Mortlock, put Ashley Two dads in at center, and throw Quade Cooper out in the dumpster.

We need more GPS players in the team. GPS Queensland pretty much develops all the Wallabies at the moment and half the team are from GPS - Stephen Moore, James Horwill, Hugh McMenimum, Rocky Elsom, Richard Brown, Mark Chisholm, Nathan Sharpe, David Pocock, Berrick Barnes, Peter Hynes, Digby Ioane, Quade Cooper, James O'Connor - There's a few more out there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Nov 9 2008, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quade Cooper is a loser. Ioane is great, Lote doesn't play well anymore so I hope he doesn't ever come back, get rid of Mortlock, put Ashley Two dads in at center, and throw Quade Cooper out in the dumpster.[/b]

What did Mortlock do wrong, during the tri nations he was the only back who got across the advantage line consistently. If you want to get rid of backs lets start with Ryan Cross.

In the end, even after winning three of four matches, it was quite an unimpressive tour. I knew the way we were playing it would only take a decent performance to beat us, and that's exactly what happened against Wales. The positive thing is the amount of newcomers who have been blooded this season, the most in a long time. I think we are still a few years off peaking, but there is another possible Australian golden era on the horizon.

Thoughts?

P.S. To that cheeky prick Prestwick, the ELVs are so much better for the game. Honestly I'm sure one of the home nations could have scored a try against the All Blacks if they were employed. The Irish referee's performance in the Wallabies v All Blacks (usually a great spectacle) and the Wallabies v Welsh games show exactly why some of the current laws need to be stamped out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 1 2008, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
P.S. To that cheeky prick Prestwick, the ELVs are so much better for the game. Honestly I'm sure one of the home nations could have scored a try against the All Blacks if they were employed. The Irish referee's performance in the Wallabies v All Blacks (usually a great spectacle) and the Wallabies v Welsh games show exactly why some of the current laws need to be stamped out.[/b]

Cheeky prick?
Lol. Full of good names, aren't you?

I thought Prestwick made a good point. There was lots of running and like he said, not every game is gonna be a try fest.
It seems the saffas and the aussies are having a harder time than most with these laws. New Zealand don't seem to be doing too badly though.

All I can say to this thread is

funny-pictures-mc-hammer-cat.jpg

Latest posts