Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
10314748_828497233844870_6881206277007645570_n.jpg

Well deserved. Nothing to add.

Surprise surprise, an Englishman is the best player in Europe!

:D

Well done to Steffon!

superb player and a well deserved award, would like to see him play international rugby some day, but, and i'll win no friends here, he isn't right for the current England set up.

They don't need a fetcher, they don't go looking for turnovers, they look for physical domination and flood the contact area...their defensive system & tackling style doesn't lend itself to turnovers either it's about causing mistakes.

Essentially Armitage just doesn't fit the current English backrow profile.

Me cat, you pigeons :)

Congrats to Steffon, although I think we can all agree Dave Seymour is truly European greatest back row.

superb player and a well deserved award, would like to see him play international rugby some day, but, and i'll win no friends here, he isn't right for the current England set up.

They don't need a fetcher, they don't go looking for turnovers, they look for physical domination and flood the contact area...their defensive system & tackling style doesn't lend itself to turnovers either it's about causing mistakes.

Essentially Armitage just doesn't fit the current English backrow profile.

Me cat, you pigeons :)

Yes, because Steffon Armitage is totally incapable of physically dominating another player... Have you looked at him? He is almost literally a cannonball.

Yes, because Steffon Armitage is totally incapable of physically dominating another player... Have you looked at him? He is almost literally a cannonball.

*point* <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*You*

His individual physicality isn't in question, it's how england world as a collective.

England play nothing like Toloun, and play in tighter units, and they aren't really looking for a 7 that roams and gets in on ball as they bank on their backs doing it and either counter rucking or setting a defensive line early and forcing an error - i.e. physical domination, it's not about one on one skills - which is why they play Robshaw and Wood.

Last edited:
http://www.planetrugby.com/video/0,25862,15715_9324774,00.html

Check out Steffon Armitage in the video interview there. Hadn't heard him talk til this point. He seems very humble, truly humble. And he looks, and I don't mean this in a mean way, like a simple kind of man. Almost like a boy inside a grown man, I appreciate that genuineness about him.
Seems nothing like his brother.

Latest posts