• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Steffon Armitage

B

bc2704

My London Irish bias aside, the selection of Worsley at 7 for the game against Wales is a poor one. He is not a natural 7, and whilst I know Steffon didn't have the greatest game against Italy England would surely have been better playing a natural 7 in what is set to be a massive game.

the problem with a lot of opensides is that you don't notice their workrate, was certainly a case with Wallace when people were saying on Saturday that he was below par, utter nonsense. You shouldn't pick a 7 for their ball carrying skills.

It's a given that Armatidge has been an outstanding 7 all season for the U.N. O'Reading whereas Worseley has and always will be suuter shite, but what we're seeing is the same old England - Bring in a promising player, tell them to play in a manor which is completely different (and frankly, with ****-poor tactics which doesn't take advantage of their abilities), see they didn't set the world alight on that one and only chance... So drop them and call in the same **** players we've been using for the past 4 years - mostly from the Wasps and Leicester payroll.

Same thing happened to Foden.

What really confuses me about this is that if Johnno absolutely had to bring in Worsley (Let's look past how stupid the decision is for a moment), why wouldn't he play him on the Blindside and let the Flanker with quite a bit of pace (Haskell) play Openside?

It really does confuse me.

I mean I can vaguely see the logic in bringing him in, he just wants some massive thug to try and keep Wales at bay up front (why didn't he try to do that against Italy) but why play him there?

The weird thing is that Armitage is not actually a bad ball carrier, maybe if England followed London irish's lead, and used a forward to atack from the 10 channel they would have realised this.

Also how can some players get several chances to perform (which is right as far as I'm concerned) and some are dropped after one poor, or even avergae performance?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Feb 11 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What really confuses me about this is that if Johnno absolutely had to bring in Worsley (Let's look past how stupid the decision is for a moment), why wouldn't he play him on the Blindside and let the Flanker with quite a bit of pace (Haskell) play Openside?

I mean I can vaguely see the logic in bringing him in, he just wants some massive thug to try and keep Wales at bay up front (why didn't he try to do that against Italy) but why play him there?[/b]

Worsley may be a lot of things but he's not a thug!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Feb 11 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Feb 11 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I mean I can vaguely see the logic in bringing him in, he just wants some massive thug to try and keep Wales at bay up front (why didn't he try to do that against Italy) but why play him there?[/b]

[/b][/quote]

********!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Feb 11 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Feb 11 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

it's only a thug who'll trip a player, that's as low as it gets bar gouging.

Worsley has a reputation for tripping, punching & stamping. That's forgetting all his other neat tricks like ball killing, time-wasting and crying to uncle Probyn.

Thinking about it, it must be a Wasps thing...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Feb 11 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh come on gents... he's no Grewcock.[/b]

Which is fortunate for England, because otherwise Wales would be looking at a 9 point headstart (and then a couple from Haskell and Borthwick) and probably having at least 10 minutes against only 14 men.

C9FB375A-DF17-B918-8A6C5DE1C094B979.jpg

Look at that face. Pure innocence ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g6mcg @ Feb 11 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Feb 11 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh come on gents... he's no Grewcock.[/b]
Which is fortunate for England, because otherwise Wales would be looking at a 9 point headstart (and then a couple from Haskell and Borthwick) and probably having at least 10 minutes against only 14 men.
[/b][/quote]

Instead of a 6 point head start and 10 minutes of 14 men...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Feb 11 2009, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Feb 11 2009, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thinking about it, it must be a Wasps thing...[/b]
Ah... that's his real crime.
[/b][/quote]

Only got themselves to bame for this reputation of cheating shitehawks. Who get away with murder because of Probyn and Blackett.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Feb 11 2009, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Worsley has a reputation for tripping, punching & stamping. That's forgetting all his other neat tricks like ball killing, time-wasting and crying to uncle Probyn.

Thinking about it, it must be a Wasps thing...[/b]
I hope he does all those things on Saturday. Its what we need from our pack.

Latest posts