ratsapprentice

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
DZwjl15WsAA-zkO.jpg:large

I don't understand how the guy is still allowed to post by his employers?

I consider myself to be quite an abrasive, aggressive character... but this guy really can't control himself can he?

He seems to be the archetypal "keyboard warrior", not in that he's using anonymity, just that he seems to behave in a way that would see him get the living **** kicked out of him in real life.
There are lots of places where it's considered fair game to be an absolute **** online... on twitter as a relatively high profile niche sports journo isn't one of them.

DZwjl15WsAA-zkO.jpg:large

I don't understand how the guy is still allowed to post by his employers?

I consider myself to be quite an abrasive, aggressive character... but this guy really can't control himself can he?

He seems to be the archetypal "keyboard warrior", not in that he's using anonymity, just that he seems to behave in a way that would see him get the living **** kicked out of him in real life.
There are lots of places where it's considered fair game to be an absolute **** online... on twitter as a relatively high profile niche sports journo isn't one of them.

I know nothing about this guy (I'm just glad he isn't the ex Wales fly half) but he appears to be having a mental breakdown as I keep reading about him recently.

In the past fortnight he publicly threatened a Tier2 blog with legal action after they pointedness out a raft of errors in his post, then reportedly got pelters from some referees for talking rot, then blocked anyone who disagreed with him (which was a large section of various rugby communities) and finally resorted to locking all his tweets to anyone who wasn't a follower (which is a novel approach to Twitter).

Hopefully he seeks professional help and ends up in a quiet and timely retirement.

That's the thing... he's been doing this for years as far as I can tell, it's not an acute behaviour.

His blowout after Tier 2 rugby called him out on errors in his article was genuinely hilarious.

He's made his account private now after everyone was having a go at him and quite a lot of people were complaining to his employers as well

I just don't understand it... he cannot be that sensitive in person, he literally wouldn't be able to function around other people.
So why is he like that on the internet...

I had a good chuckle at the Blood And Mud podcast guys ripping into him in their latest offering. Funnily enough I joked to a friend recently that getting blocked by his is a badge of honour in rugby circles, so I'm glad I picked mine up before he locked his account!

His blowout after Tier 2 rugby called him out on errors in his article was genuinely hilarious.

He's made his account private now after everyone was having a go at him and quite a lot of people were complaining to his employers as well

He always goes through stages of making his accounts private, nearly every month private not private.

He's prob one of those people who thinks no publicity is bad publicity, and trys to generate **** to get views/stay relevant in some way.

He's always been a prickly character right? I remember hearing a story from his early days as a journalist where he ended up having a feud with Paul Thorburn.

Either way I've never liked his writing, stinks of just having a pop for the sake of it to create controversy rather than anything worth reading most of the time.

I think it's a shame he shares his name with the ex Welsh 10, who seems like a decent guy.

He's writing in the Sunday Times diminishing Dan Carter. In his book he's below Jiffy, Juan Hernandez and John Rutherford as the best number 10s of all time. Oh and IHO any Grandmother could have played in he AB teams of 2011 and 2015 and won. Yep, safe to say he's turning into a caricature of himself —a cantankerous old man willing to have a pop in order to get a reaction and earning little respect for his views and writing on rugby matters. Leinster May well win on Saturday, but if Racing do and Carter plays a pivatol role, will be sure many a Racing, Kiwi and AB fan will stuff his article down his throat.

Lol that guy... I hadn't had a twitter account for 24 hours before he had blocked me. Didn't even attack him, just questioned one of his BS tweets. What a nut.

dont understand what he's got against carter.
i dont remember jones ever ripping into carter during his playing days. why now ?

i dont remember jones ever ripping into carter during his playing days. why now ?

He wants to have Carters babies but discovered Carter was taken and is now jealous.

Because he's an arsehole who likes to wind people up?

I'm beginning to believe that Jones might have some serious mental issues going on. He is a complete embarrassment to every media outlet he's published in.

Lol that guy... I hadn't had a twitter account for 24 hours before he had blocked me. Didn't even attack him, just questioned one of his BS tweets. What a nut.

One of my prouder twitter moments is getting blocked by Austin Healey for doing the same :D called him out for being biased and he blocked me

I didn't even realize he'd blocked me until about 2 years later too

Gotta get those clicks somehow, God knows people aren't clicking on Jones articles to get his insightful analysis of the sport.
Trashing one of the best ever rugby players as he approaches his retirement is always gonna rile people up and get them involved.

The guy have mental issues, I am very surprised he is still allowed to write for Rugby World Mag. You should see his article from the last mag, it is delirium

He gave Maro 9/10 in the ST today and only 6/10 for Rettalick. He really doesn't rate Rettalick does he?

Latest posts