• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Steve Tandy Leaves Ospreys

Yeah I agree, apart from the odd performances they have mostly been crap this season. Unable to attack or defend.

About time imo. Didn't deserve the job in the first place, and it's about time the regions wake-up to the fact that appointing some ex-player buddy with little or no experience as head coach of a squad worth millions is a ridiculous decision! Scarlets did it with Easturby/Marc Jones, but thankfully saw their mistake and recruited a proven coach in Pivac. Blues did it with Baber/Burnell as well.

Hopefully the Ospreys (and Blues) can secure a proven coach who are allowed the freedom to make changes (this is directed at the Blues). Neither squad are in a position to challenge for pro14 ***les/Europe as they currently stand, but both are capable of much more, and could follow the Scarlets lead when it comes to sensible recruitment and squad development. Going back the Ospreys, have they really got no-one better than Scarlets cast away McCusker in the backrow? They're only down 2 players in the backrow I believe, Baker and King (or is king now fit?); yet they have to play old man McCusker in a crunch Euro game!

Their recruitment the past few years has been as directionless as their play. With Dan Biggar and Webb going next year, I fear next year could be even more difficult.
Dullonien you are forgetting about Dan Lydiate.

Allan Clarke now head coach.

Didn't leave here with a great reputation. But, given where we are right now - I don't know if that is a fair reflection of him as a coach.

Latest posts