• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Steyn to join Bok camp

Intercept King JDV

Bench Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Springbok fullback Frans Steyn’s saga with SA Rugby is finally over, and he will join the team on Sunday night in preparation for next weekend’s match against Australia at Loftus Versfeld.

Steyn, who was withdrawn from the All Black match because of a dispute with his club Racing Metro, played a full 80 minutes for his side against Montpellier on Friday night, coming through unscathed.

National teams manager Andy Marinos revealed at the post match press conference that Steyn would be joining up with the Boks after boarding a flight on Saturday night.

“I had a dialogue with Pierre Berbizier (Racing Metro’s coach) this week and we discussed his injury he had. After that injury we agreed it was good for him to play a full 80 minutes which he did on Friday night.

“He should be boarding a plane as we speak and will be joining the Boks when he gets here.â€

The Boks, already under pressure after losing at FNB Stadium, will be hard pressed not to pick Steyn, whose massive boot is a major asset at altitude.
Source

So this will probably mean that Aplon will drop to the bench?Just hope that Frans Steyn will be in good International form.

After his performance yesterday, i'd rather have Aplon in my squad then Steyn.

After his performance yesterday, i'd rather have Aplon in my squad then Steyn.
Yeah thats true, but there might be a possibility that JP Pietersen is carrying an injury, so then you might have Steyn at 15 and Aplon at 14...

Not a fan of selecting over seas players, but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures, and the Boks losing all Tri Nations games this year, would be devestating. I thought Aplon had a good game at fullback though, so unless JP isinjured, I see no real reason to bring in Steyn.

Latest posts