Stirling Mortlock hands over captaincy to...

Discussion in 'Super Rugby' started by Fushitsusha, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

STEPHEN HOILES!!!

Details should be announced later today.....

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Weird, surely George Smith should be captain. Hoiles is injured an awful lot although i rate him highly, alot of pace.

4. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

Smith isn't keen for a long term captaincy role.

I've never known Hoiles to get injured a lot.

He missed one or two games last year... none the year before that. Unsure about his history at the Waratahs.

5. QLD

QLD Guest

Why does Smith never want the captaincy?

6. melon

melon Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 13 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    He wants to concentrate on his game. I guess he's worried that worrying about other things will detract from his game rather than lift him. All players are different.

7. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Jan 13 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    He wants to concentrate on his game. I guess he's worried that worrying about other things will detract from his game rather than lift him. All players are different.
    [/b][/quote]

Which is funny because I think some of his best performances in recent years has been when he's captained the Brumbies and Australia.

However, he's also fairly shy. At the start of his career he could barely string together a sentence for an interview. Kind of like what Tyrone is like now.

Obviously he's come a long way though.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!