• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stirling Mortlock hands over captaincy to...

Weird, surely George Smith should be captain. Hoiles is injured an awful lot although i rate him highly, alot of pace.

Smith isn't keen for a long term captaincy role.

I've never known Hoiles to get injured a lot.

He missed one or two games last year... none the year before that. Unsure about his history at the Waratahs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 13 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why does Smith never want the captaincy?[/b]

He wants to concentrate on his game. I guess he's worried that worrying about other things will detract from his game rather than lift him. All players are different.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Jan 13 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 13 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does Smith never want the captaincy?[/b]

He wants to concentrate on his game. I guess he's worried that worrying about other things will detract from his game rather than lift him. All players are different.
[/b][/quote]

Which is funny because I think some of his best performances in recent years has been when he's captained the Brumbies and Australia.

However, he's also fairly shy. At the start of his career he could barely string together a sentence for an interview. Kind of like what Tyrone is like now.

Obviously he's come a long way though.

Latest posts