Stop showing Mitre 10 cup on TV?

Kiwiwomble

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Otago
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...to-axe-screening-of-some-mitre-10-cup-matches

its a big call, cool they're actually trying to get people back to the games, not sure this will work thought.

I haven't lived in Dunners for about 18 years so no matter what they do they cant entice me down to the ground, maybe if they could somehow keep showing the games outside of the region its played in? so locals have to go but those of us outside can still watch?

in saying that i know a lot of football in the UK isn't televised in an attempt to get people down to the game, still filmed so it can be shown later or highlights can at least be put together

I think theyre biggest problem though is the best players dont play much Mitre 10 cup anymore and people want to see the best players.

yeah its a hard one. ABs dont have time to play mitre10 but those are players that people wanna see. im torn

ive said before id be happy with less AB's games, make them a bit more sacred and get those players back to a little bit more domestic rugby, i think the RC could be every two years for example

i know the argument is the AB's games are where the money is but the idea is to get the interest in the domestic game again so i just see it as redistribution

ive said before id be happy with less AB's games, make them a bit more sacred and get those players back to a little bit more domestic rugby, i think the RC could be every two years for example

i know the argument is the AB's games are where the money is but the idea is to get the interest in the domestic game again so i just see it as redistribution
I, personally, wouldn't miss watching the Wallabies lose to the ABs three times a year.

Make the Bledisloe one two-tie tournament every 2/4 years.

Is mitre 10 on tv? I presume just sky? Rugby has lost its popularity not because its on tv, but because it's not. Most people don't have sky sport. We've now had an entire generation grow up without free access to rugby on tv. And now they are becoming the parents, it's only going to get worse. In the old days kids grew up watching rugby as a family.

Latest posts