Stormers 42 - Crusaders 14

Intercept King JDV

Bench Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Yes folks that score is correct!

The Stormers gave the Crusaders chances of hosting a home semi-final a hammer blow when they beat them by 42 points to 14 in Cape Town.

The result means that the Stormers became the first South African team to beat all five New Zealand Super 14 teams in one year.

The match was prevented from flowing by referee Stuart Dickinson who persistantly blew the Crusaders up for penalties which Peter Grant consistantly converted into points.

The Stormers first penalty was awarded within 10 seconds of the kick off for obstruction.

Grant took eight penalty kicks and converted seven of them into points while Crusaders kicker Dan Carter had one kick at the posts for a penalty which he missed. Carter did however convert both of the Crusaders tries.

The Stormers however outscored the Crusaders by three tries to two thanks to a late second try by Jaque Fourie.

The Stormers took an early lead with two penalties but the Crusaders hit back when Peter Grant attempted to clear the ball only for Dan Carter to charge down the kick and regather the ball and score the first try of the match which he converted putting the Crusaders into the lead.

The Stormers took the lead back 10 minutes later when Peter Grant kicked his third penalty. By half time the Stormers were leading 12-7 after Grant landed his fourth penalty.

More to follow.

Final Score Stormers 42 Crusaders 14

Scorers

Stormers
Tries - J Fourie 2, S. Naqelevuki
Pen - P. Grant 7
Con - P Grant 3
Drop -
Cards -
Crusaders
Tries - D. Carter, C Slade
Pen -
Con - D. Carter 2
Drop -
Cards - Kieran Read (39) Yellow

Match Officials
Referee: Stuart Dickinson (Aus)
Assistant referees: Pro Legoete (SA), Andrew Lees (Aus)
TMO: Shaun Veldsman (SA)

Teams

Stormers - 15 Gio Aplon, 14 Sireli Naqelevuki, 13 Jaque Fourie, 12 Juan de Jongh, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Peter Grant, 9 Dewaldt Duvenage, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Francois Louw, 6 Schalk Burger (c), 5 Andries Bekker, 4 Adriaan Fondse, 3 Brok Harris, 2 Tiaan Liebenberg, 1 JD Moller.

Reserves: 16 Deon Fourie, 17 Eusebio Guinazu, 18 Anton van Zyl, 19 Pieter Louw, 20 Ricky Januarie, 21 Willem de Waal, 22 Tim Whitehead.

Crusaders - 15 Colin Slade, 14 Sean Maitland, 13 Robert Fruean, 12 Ryan Crotty, 11 Zac Guildford, 10 Dan Carter, 9 Kahn Fotuali'i; 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw (c), 6 George Whitelock, 5 Chris Jack, 4 Brad Thorn, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Corey Flynn, 1 Wyatt Crockett.

Reserves: 16 Ti'i Paulo, 17 Ben Franks, 18 Sam Whitelock, 19 Thomas Waldrom, 20 Andy Ellis, 21 Daniel Bowden, 22 Jared Payne.
Source

Jaque Fourie scoring undoubtedly the try of the year, AGAIN! Will post video when its up on youtube or somewhere...

Well done Stormers!!!:D:):cool:

Its proven that Fourie is the best center in the world and has been for some time now,how BOD got nominated above him and how mccaw took the player of the year last year is beyond me!
After many years of political interference we have learned to deal with it and this South Africa starting to hit its stride again as the dominant rugby power!
I cant wait for the Bulls-Stormers game its going to be HUGE,the tickets for that game has been sold out for two weeks and the game is still two weeks away!

Yeah I also can't wait for the Stormers-Bulls game!
What a game it will be, the best defensive side in the competition taking on the best attacking side in the competition, it's going to be like the irresistible force meeting the immovable object!

Nice way of spoiling a game for those that recorded it by giving up the score in the topic ***le.

And yes, the Crusaders should get rid of those ugly grey jerseys :D

That try from Jacque Fourie was epic I couldn't believe my eyes when he accelerated through the line and just kept flying pass everyone. Awesome effort from the Stormers to beat the Dark Side.

This really was a great rugby weekend,it was excellent to see Highlanders slapping the waratahs around,and both my teams,the Cheetahs and the Bulls winning.The Cheetahs were fired up,Juan is for me the best flanker in the world and Schala is playing his best rugby again,I can see them with Spies wreaking havoc for the Bokke!

Wow, what a great game! The Stormers have now smashed the 2 best NZ teams in the S14. Very good for SA rugby that other guys are hitting good form besides the usual suspects from the Sharks and Bulls. We need to rest some of other more experienced players during the Tri-Nations and June Tests for the 2011 WC and let other guys claim a spot. Bekker replacing Matfield, Liebenberg/Botha replacing Smit, Pienaar replacing Fourie springs to mind.

The ref was quite bad, possibly the most bias I've seen in a long long time for a game. Barely any penalties were awarded for the Crusaders and the Stormers were infringing on the ruck and got away with it for what the Crusaders did and got penalties and a yellow card for it. I'm neutral aswell, don't follow either team, but that was a terrible performance by whosit, Stuart Dickinson? Nice running from Fourie though, second try was a tiny bit of obstruction, first try was pure class, as for try of the year, well, too early to call.

Its proven that Fourie is the best center in the world and has been for some time now,how BOD got nominated above him and how mccaw took the player of the year last year is beyond me!
After many years of political interference we have learned to deal with it and this South Africa starting to hit its stride again as the dominant rugby power!
I cant wait for the Bulls-Stormers game its going to be HUGE,the tickets for that game has been sold out for two weeks and the game is still two weeks away!
Ugh, every time you post you nominate a South African as the best something or other. Best centre, best try, most dominant team, greatest commentator, fastest player...are you so insecure about your team you need to rubbish others and talk up your own. In my opinion he's not the best centre in the world, I'd have rated both Conrad and BOD as better. BOD had a great year last year on top of an all ready great career and Conrad Smith hasn't made a mistake all year. As for McCaw not deserving the best player award, that's an old argument in which people more qualified than you decided. Your bias seems blinding.

As it was the ref Stuart Dickenson, gave no chance of the Crusaders winning and a display like that against a South African team would have most likely lead to Dick being fired. It is impossible to win when 10 easy kicks are awarded. And I dislike the Crusaders... Not taking anything away from Fourie's try, it was good. It'll be a slow year if that is the try of the year though. I'd have all ready rated Ngwenya's try against Biaritz as better and 1 or 2 others , including the Stormers try earlier.

Rugby's greatest rivalry always has and always will be The Springboks vs the All blacks
Thats the funniest thing I heard all year seeing that SA is considered the most physical side in the world
Mathew Peirce is hands down the best commentator in the world!
Does any one know of Jongi Nokwe?He is the fastest rugby player in the world today
Just a small selection of your 32 posts regarding SA. From how you state all these as FACT it seems like SA should win every game by at least a thousand points.

Last edited:
Ugh, every time you post you nominate a South African as the best something or other. Best centre, best try, most dominant team, greatest commentator, fastest player...are you so insecure about your team you need to rubbish others and talk up your own. In my opinion he's not the best centre in the world, I'd have rated both Conrad and BOD as better. BOD had a great year last year on top of an all ready great career and Conrad Smith hasn't made a mistake all year. As for McCaw not deserving the best player award, that's an old argument in which people more qualified than you decided. Your bias seems blinding.

As it was the ref Stuart Dickenson, gave no chance of the Crusaders winning and a display like that against a South African team would have most likely lead to Dick being fired. It is impossible to win when 10 easy kicks are awarded. And I dislike the Crusaders... Not taking anything away from Fourie's try, it was good. It'll be a slow year if that is the try of the year though. I'd have all ready rated Ngwenya's try against Biaritz as better and 1 or 2 others , including the Stormers try earlier.

Just a small selection of your 32 posts regarding SA. From how you state all these as FACT it seems like SA should win every game by at least a thousand points.

+1

Good pwnage

Small/Crap country syndrome I guess...

I'm sorry, but to all of you people waffling on about how the ref was horrible, I call BS.

The saders were very lucky not to have gotten another yellow, they were cheating in almost every single ruck.

:D Thats funny,I never realized I was that biased,well I guess thats not going to change any time soon but let me just get this right,so you are saying that J Fourie is not the best center in the world?and that the people who are,how did you say,people more qualified than you,are wrong!

:D Thats funny,I never realized I was that biased,well I guess thats not going to change any time soon but let me just get this right,so you are saying that J Fourie is not the best center in the world?and that the people who are,how did you say,people more qualified than you,are wrong!

Sorry mate, I don't understand your question.

If you are saying "how I can say your statement was wrong and then give one of my own" I'll shows you -
In my opinion he's not the best centre in the world, I'd have rated both Conrad and BOD as better
I used the word "opinion" to show that it wasn't a fact but a matter of my own belief. Your statements implies there is only one right answer and further more dismisses the quality of the other candidates.

If however your complaint was how I said people more qualified, in terms of IRB Player of the Year, that is even more simple. A selection of former professional players and big names in rugby watched hours and hours of footage to decide who was better, and then took it to a vote. You however do not seem as qualified.

I'm glad you realised your bias and I can appreciate that you won't change your bias, just appreciate in return I will dismiss everyone of your posts.

Your opinion is your opinion and I appreciate that but as far as the IRB goes you do realise that these are the same guys that gave shane williams the player of the year a few years back when guys like mccaw,carter,botha,de villiers,goerge smith were at their best the very same people who did not even nomminate morne' steyn or mils muliaina(who for me was one of the best all blacks & full backs of last year) or Brussuow(who outplayed every one)!

Well, many were actually a different group of people from the previous year.

Brussuow(who outplayed every one)!
Another SA nomination...
Despite you not agreeing with the decision, it's hardly like McCaw wasn't in the running for the best player of the year (many though he should have won it last year). And BOD lead Ireland to their most impressive season so far with a Six Nations Grand Slam, won the Heineken Cup and was selected for the British and Irish Lions. I'd hardly say that he was unworthy of being nominated as the best player of 2009 and was considered by most to be the best centre. I'm not saying I agree with McCaw being player of 2009, however saying McCaw winning the award is "beyond you" seems a complete dismissal of the talent of arguably the best openside in history. Bringing up that someone else won at this point of the years seems rather pointless and despite how good you think J Fourie is, it doesn't make you right, so I'd refrain from presenting opinion based statements as facts, especially when they are as one sided as yours usually are.

Latest posts