• Bulls 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bulls 12-

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C

C A Iversen

Well, not too sure in this one.

The Stormers at home are always a chancy prospect although the last three years haven't showed any real reason for the Bulls to be terrified.

The Bulls being the champs should win, but any team losing players of the quality of Victor Matfield and the dominating amount of lineout ball that comes with him, should feel at least a little out of sorts.

I don't know why, but I feel like the Stormers will push very hard for a win here. They are due too.

The two teams in RSA I hate the most. If I had my way they'd both loose.

Anyway the Bulls start a new era of rugby without Meyer. The best coach in RSA. Ludeke now has the top job in Pretoria and is looking to build on the success of last year.

A total of 11 Bulls players 'went with the flow' in the Northern drift. 3 of those going to one club, Montpellier, who signed 5 South Africans this year.

I'm tipping the Stormers on this one. With a genius like Rassie Erasmus at the helm anything can happen to this Cape team.

Well the Bulls have looked pretty shaky pre-season, they have lost plenty of players although Habana has been passed fit to play. Should be a great game but im confident the Stormers will win by 10-15, time to front up this season.

The Stormers only played 1 sort of -warm up- pre season match this year, with rassie deciding to not play the second game against Boland, the Bulls by the time of this match would have played 4 pre season games, so I'm a bit shaky on the match readyness of the Stormers so to speak.

But from what I've gathered the bulls have been a bit edgy so far, it might only be because it's pre season and they're a young team now though, but I'm feelng confident about this game.

Well, the biggest difference between the 2 sides over the last 5 years or so have been up front in the tight 5, where the Bulls have completely dominated. However, in Matfield and Gary Botha, they`ve lost the backbone of their awesome lineout, and with a rookie fullback, the Bulls might just be vulnerable.

The Stormers will have a brilliant tactician as a new coach, a new captain who will have the respect of all of his teammates, as well as crucially- A DECENT TIGHTHEAD! Brian Mujati was pretty close to the best tighthead on display in 2007 from all 5 SA franchises, and now he`ll be a man in black, so to speak. Added to that, the considerable beef added by new lock signing Adriaan Fondse, a younger version of Bakkies Botha, it looks as if the Stormers will finally be able to compete up front.

Hmmm, these early season games can really go both ways, and what with early season humidity, the handling on both sides will probably be below par. So I`m thinking a pretty tight game, with a try or 2 apiece, and a victory margin of less than 5 points. And I`m picking Peter Grant to make the important kicks :D

SA teams are hard to read at the best of times let alone at the start of the season. not really too sure on this one so i am going for the stormers 1-12 mainly because they are at home.

Just watched this game. Enjoyable stuff in front of a great crowd... I thought the Stormers hooker was superb.

Stormers played not to bad in the first-half,Bulls started to find their way in the second half but the game also got uglier too!High tackles,late tackles and two 'trips' by Wannenburg!
He should have gotten at least a yellow card for the 'trips',would defnitly gotten one in soccer.

I thought the Stormers were damm unlucky, absoloutely dominated the first half until Habana scored and only some poor finishing really denied them the victory. The Bulls will be delighted to win, but they were lucky not to have Wanneberg red carded for that dirty trip and a whole load of other infringements.

The only positive was that i think Januarie could be a great signing, definetely better than Conradie.

I thought the Stormers were damm unlucky, absoloutely dominated the first half until Habana scored and only some poor finishing really denied them the victory. The Bulls will be delighted to win, but they were lucky not to have Wanneberg red carded for that dirty trip and a whole load of other infringements.

The only positive was that i think Januarie could be a great signing, definetely better than Conradie. [/b]

Quick to point out dirty play by the Bulls but you forget about the spear tackle and high shot from JD Moller and Sireli! There were also other numerous high tackles from Stormers players. The ref was far too leniant and had a poor match.

<div class='quotemain'> Stormers = under performers = law of averages = a win. [/b]

Your maths is a little off it seems, lol. :blink:
[/b][/quote]

Haha so it seems, was more support for a South African friend who's home team is the Stormers from Capetown.

<div class='quotemain'> I thought the Stormers were damm unlucky, absoloutely dominated the first half until Habana scored and only some poor finishing really denied them the victory. The Bulls will be delighted to win, but they were lucky not to have Wanneberg red carded for that dirty trip and a whole load of other infringements.

The only positive was that i think Januarie could be a great signing, definetely better than Conradie. [/b]

Quick to point out dirty play by the Bulls but you forget about the spear tackle and high shot from JD Moller and Sireli! There were also other numerous high tackles from Stormers players. The ref was far too leniant and had a poor match.
[/b][/quote]

Hmm, well the quality of the game on my computer was really jumpy. Mainly the second half, so i didnt see every bit of the game.But yea it was marginal in reguards to the spear tackle, he was lifted up by the Fijian (cant remember his name) and then driven to the floor by another, the Bulls got a penalty but with Wannebergs disgraceful trip he ended up just winning a knock on for his team.

Anyway in general the match was a bit dissapointing and as you say the referee was a bit dodgy.

There was nothing marginal about the spear tackle, it was high as well. This same ref gave Marius Joubert a yellow card in last years CC for a less serious spear tackle. It also states in the rule book, a spear tackle is a spear tackle and high is high regardless if the player gets hurt or not. Wasn't a very good game but I'm glad the Bulls won.

a spear tackle is a spear tackle and high is high regardless if the player gets hurt or not. [/b]
And tripping is soccer - point being?

Wannenburg really had a dirty game(that, in bulls terms, is a compliment) with also at least two "tackles" around Schalk's head - and I guess you cannot go any higher.

Not to mention the insane ammount of hands in the ruck, offside and hell not even 10 meter penalties not gettng blown, but hey Willie doos wil stay Willie doos.

not argueing the result though, Bulls simply outplayed Stormers in the second half, I'm just glad to see the Stormers seriously gave the bulls some trouble with their forwards (atleast in the first half), put a smile on my face it did :)

I was watching All Out Rugby and suddenly realised how *useless* the rucks were in that game though, especially compared to the Cheetahs Lions game, the ball hardly ever came out quick enough and it was just a general mess.

Latest posts