• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stormers vs Highlanders

I

Incredible Schalk

I dont have access to the game or even regular updates, whats the score after 20 minutes?

9-all at halftime.

Stormers 9 (Tony Brown 3 penalties)
Highlanders 9 (Mike Delany 2 penalties, drop goal)

Thanks, just found the score on sky sports.com, whats it been like so far. Not what i had hoped for anyway :(

Final score Stormers 26 Highlanders 16

poor result really, to not get a bonust point means instead of going 3rd its only 6th. Im worried about the Tahs game next weekend.

I think the Stormers battled because the Highlanders gave them hell at the breakdown, mid-field was also on lock down, De Villiers and Bobo were taken out the game. Watson looked unconvincing with ball in hand, but was generally busy in defense, I also feel he got muscled out today. Sadly this was the best performance from a SA this weekend.

Nah we can give it to the Lions ;), i cant make any analytical comments as i still havent seen the game but i cant believe we were outdone at the breakdown which has been a real strength. Grant is definetely better than Brown who is oldddddddddddddd and looks like Scott Hamilton. :lol:

A wins a win though, in the last few games i have felt we have got progresively worse, brilliant against the Force, brilliant for the first 50 against the Cheetahs then sloppy,decent against the Canes and well matched the Highlanders.

Ja, I guess the Lions did throw a spanner in the works but pppfffffffffff :p

To be fair to the Stormers they made 6 changes from last weeks' game, so consistency took a knock. They looked structured today but lacked that conviction in attack, especially at the breakdown. Burger was taken off with a knee injury, so I hope nothing comes of that, although he didn't look comfortable at all.

Had the Stormers gotten a BP (and still had the same score) they would be behind the Chiefs in Points Dif by one point :p

Had the Stormers gotten a BP (and still had the same score) they would be behind the Chiefs in Points Dif by one point :p
[/b]

Where did you get that from? The Stormers have a +39 points difference, the Chiefs only +28.

I don't think you could say we've gotten progressively worse, you see we were excellent against the Force and the first 50 of the cheetahs, but that's because the cheetahs -are- a good side, and can rip through defences, even if they don't win the games.

You can hardly compare those games though to the Hurricanes match, the Canes are apart from the Crusaders the best NZ team at the moment imo, any win against them would have been brilliant, and we denied them a bonus point which is even better.

I am dissapointed in this match, but like I said before I never expected this to be an easy 5 pointer, neither will the Lions be an easy 5 pointer, if we seriously want to make the semis we -will- have to work hard for it, especially after being hit so hard with injuries.

I don't think you could say we've gotten progressively worse, you see we were excellent against the Force and the first 50 of the cheetahs, but that's because the cheetahs -are- a good side, and can rip through defences, even if they don't win the games.

You can hardly compare those games though to the Hurricanes match, the Canes are apart from the Crusaders the best NZ team at the moment imo, any win against them would have been brilliant, and we denied them a bonus point which is even better.

I am dissapointed in this match, but like I said before I never expected this to be an easy 5 pointer, neither will the Lions be an easy 5 pointer, if we seriously want to make the semis we -will- have to work hard for it, especially after being hit so hard with injuries.
[/b]

Your right, the Canes have been immense recently so that was a good win. Im just surprised we couldnt get the BP, as the Highlanders dont have a particularily good defense and have terrible discipline, anyway a wins a win.

Latest posts