• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stormers vs Hurricanes

I personally see Steyn as a 13 or a 15. He's a natural runner of the ball, but doesn't have the distribution skills required for a 10 or a 12. He needs his space to use his creativity.
Michalak is proving to be very handy 10, and believe he should be the first choice 10 for the rest of the season. His defence has been impressive and his work rate is superb, he just doesn't stop working [/b]

I've seen the games mate, Michalak has been average at best, you haven't seen what he can do yet. But as I said, he needs to have a settled backline behind him sometimes, so that he can either spin it wide flat/or attack the fringes/ 10 channel. At the moment, he has neither. There may also be a question of communication between he and the scrum-half. I thought it worked better with Pienaar than with Kockott.

Yeah I agree with you, in attack he hasn't really showed what he can do, but having a defensively secure flyhalf channel is just as important to me, and in that aspect he has done well.

BTW Prestwick where are you? I thought you were a Canes' fan. You were gloating last week after the Bulls game, but now you're silent? :p

Latest posts