• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stuart Hogg ruled out of the tour

TRF Mr Fish

Your Piscine Overlord
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Haven't seen it posted here. No replacement announced just yet.

Thats a shame for the bloke, but the Lions have got plenty of lads to choose from back in the UK and Ireland.

Apparently Gatland is not calling anyone else up to the squad. It's going to to be awkward when Mike Brown doesn't get the call...Again...

Huge shame, his form going into this was excellent and as the first was widely expected to be the first choice 15. He just never got going properly and now he's going home. One less scot.

Watson's performance in the last match is doubly important now. I hope Liam Williams gets a crack with Watson as second choice. No chance of that though!

I think Hogg is a little overrated but he'd still have been my clear first choice at fullback.

Head knocks are starting to become a bit of an issue for him. Personally I think it is great that the sport is so forceful on this matter even if it won't feel like it for Hogg. He is young enough that he'll get another chance of a Lions cap.

It wasn't concussion that ruled him out. It was a fractured bone in his face.

Doubly galling for him that it was blue on blue.

The Lions have plenty of options though.

Apparently Gatland is not calling anyone else up to the squad. It's going to to be awkward when Mike Brown doesn't get the call...Again...

Huge shame, his form going into this was excellent and as the first was widely expected to be the first choice 15. He just never got going properly and now he's going home. One less scot.
I have nothing against Brown but it would be funny to be in the room when he found out Gatland had decided not to call anyone up rather than him....Shame about Hogg, loved to have seen his 6N form on this tour.

I have nothing against Brown but it would be funny to be in the room when he found out Gatland had decided not to call anyone up rather than him....Shame about Hogg, loved to have seen his 6N form on this tour.

Watson looked good, he could do the job no worries and then someone else that might not have got a game, from the squad, gets a chance.

Last edited:
He does a better job than Halfpenny at fullback but the Lions need yet another kicker on the field, their two options yesterday had an off night with the boot...

He does a better job than Halfpenny at fullback but the Lions need yet another kicker on the field, their two options yesterday had an off night with the boot...
eh if you need a third option your screwed anyway. Sexton and Farrell are seasoned enough that the odd off night is expected but a rarity. I don't think you desperately need someone on the field to supplement their usually exemplary standards in this area.

Watson looked good, he could do the job now worries and then someone else that might not have got a game, from the squad, gets a chance.
I really like Watson at FB, hopefully It'll see Daly get a more prominent role and at worst see him grab the 23 shirt for the test's...

It's all a big conspiracy! Gatland wanted to avoid playing any Scots but thought Hogg would be too good to leave out so ordered his own team to "accidentally" injure him when possible! Conspiracy I says!

I really like Watson at FB, hopefully It'll see Daly get a more prominent role and at worst see him grab the 23 shirt for the test's...

I've seen a lot of people say this now. Has Watson played a lot at full back for his club? Or is everyone basing this on one game where it was very loose and he countered exceptionally well, but wasn't really tested in the air, or in defence, or didn't really need to make any clearing kicks under pressure?

Latest posts