• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

suggestions for impact pkayers

rozkat013

Academy Player
Country Flag
Australia
Quade Cooper, David Pocock, Nathan Sharpe, Kurtley Beale, SBW, Morne Steyne, Pierre Spies, Sebastien Chabal, Ma'a Nonu, any other new ones? Mat Gituea is not an impact player, niether is yannick nyanga.

If Chabal is still alive by the release date, why not? Don't know about Pierre Spies either. Steyn is a key kicker. . . not player, the rest or actually no the rest isn't key players either. Sorry man. Opinions hey?

What do you think of the Carter's, Burgers', Du Preez's, Mccaw's, Foden's and Fairhurst's? (Just had to add him)

Chabal is not even a player, jaja! And I also think as Jansi, pierr Spies is not an impact player, neuther morne steyn. The impact players should be Carter, McCaw, Foden, Kurtley Beale, fourie du Preez, David Pokock, Sonny Bill Williams, Ma`Nonu, Mattfield, Johny Sexton, Brian O`driscoll, and I don`t know if there`s another one.

Sonny Bill is hardly an impact player! He made an impact against Scotland (no offense to Scotland) but it wouldn't take much to be an impact player in that situation... He was absent against Wales, and i can't see him being a 'game-breaker' against Aussie of South Africa the way that Nonu is... South Africa are really lacking a player that can change a game, although this may change once DuPreez returns.
How do you define Impact Player though... I wouldn't consider McCaw, O'Driscoll or Matfield to be Impact Players, don't get me wrong they are great captains but if anything they bring out the best in the players around them. Whereas players like Nonu, Weepu, O'Conner, Beale, Shane Williams, Sexton and Foden have the ability to single handedly change the course of a game

An impact player is a player who can produce a bit of magic to change a game i.e. Shane Williams. Don't think they should include them though, it should be based on stats alone. For example, I wouldn't class Adam Jones as an impact player, but he's one of the best tight-heads in the world and a key player for Wales, and his stats should reflect that, without the need for a silly star above his head.

chris ashton, dan carter, richie mccaw (obviously), brian o' driscoll, rocky elsom, lewis moody

I'd say..

All Blacks: Carter
England: Foden
France: Harinordoquy

I can't think of many others.

An impact player is a player who can produce a bit of magic to change a game i.e. Shane Williams. Don't think they should include them though, it should be based on stats alone. For example, I wouldn't class Adam Jones as an impact player, but he's one of the best tight-heads in the world and a key player for Wales, and his stats should reflect that, without the need for a silly star above his head.

Agreed. The stars are silly

I like the way impact players were handled in the NCAA Football games. An impact player receives no stat boost or special skills. Every team has three impact players (you could make it two for rugby of course, that would look better), the designations just there to let you know that this is a guy who you want to have involved in the action right now.
For example
Ireland: Heaslip, O'Driscoll are both guys who you want to have the ball
New Zealand: This would be tough to pick two, I'm not a NZ fan, but I'd have to say McCaw and Carter
USA: Clever and Ngwenya (sp?) they obviously aren't as good as players on other teams who aren't impact players (like Sexton or Nonu), but this lets you know that when you play as the USA, these are guys who you can rely on, at least more so than other players.
This way the star serves a function to people playing the game, while not adding some unrealistic stat boost

Beale, Cooper, Carter, Nonu, Muliana, Ashley-Cooper, O'Connor, O'Driscoll, Foden, du preez, Harinordoquy

No Star Players, I think their should be just a sort of recognition system on the pitch (Sort of like Rugby League Live, If a player is hella fast and is very mobile, A sign is shown through 80mins like a Speed sort of logo)
If their is Star Players, Most have been mentioned.
But Chris Ashton has to surely be one.

Ben Youngs
Will Genia
Dan Carter
Richie McCaw
Miles Muina
Matt Giteau
Morne Steyn
Bryan Habana
Brian O'Driscoll
Shane Williams
Nick Evans

SBW, Quade Cooper, James O'Connor, Kurtley Beale, Dan Carter, Ma'a Nonu, Richie McCaw, Ben Youngs, Hosea Gear, Ben Foden, Brian O'Driscoll, Lee Byrne, Rocky Elsom and Lewis Moody

Probably the best Northern Hemisphere players after Autumn Internationals:
Scotland: Dan parks + Max Evans
Wales: James Hook, Mike Philips, Gethin Jenkins, Shane Williams and Lee Byrne
Ireland: Tommy Bowe, BoD, Rob Kearney and Jamie Heaslip
England: Courtney Lawes, Ben Youngs, Chris Ashton, Ben Foden and Dan Cole/Andy Sheridan
France: Imanol Harinordoquy, One of their props (can't remember which one), Morgan Parra, Francois Trinh-Duc and both Poitreneaud and Palisson are world class.

Americas:
USA: Chris Wyles, Takudzwa Ngwenya and Todd Clever
Argentina: Felipe Contepomi, Marcos Ayerza, Juan Martín Fernández Lobbe and Juan Martín Hernández (is injured but needs a mention)

I didn't see any Italy or Canada games so couldn't say at the moment.

I like the way impact players were handled in the NCAA Football games. An impact player receives no stat boost or special skills. Every team has three impact players (you could make it two for rugby of course, that would look better), the designations just there to let you know that this is a guy who you want to have involved in the action right now.
For example
Ireland: Heaslip, O'Driscoll are both guys who you want to have the ball
New Zealand: This would be tough to pick two, I'm not a NZ fan, but I'd have to say McCaw and Carter
USA: Clever and Ngwenya (sp?) they obviously aren't as good as players on other teams who aren't impact players (like Sexton or Nonu), but this lets you know that when you play as the USA, these are guys who you can rely on, at least more so than other players.
This way the star serves a function to people playing the game, while not adding some unrealistic stat boost

I like this suggestion a lot! Hopefully that's the way they go.

England: Lawes, Ashton, Foden, Croft
Scotland: Parks
Wales: Jones, Williams
Ireland: O'Driscoll, Bowe, Sexton, Heaslip, Ferris(maybe)
Italy: Bergamasco the centre Mirco I think
France: Harinodoquy, Clerc, Jauzion, Poitrenaud, Dusatoir
New Zealand: Carter, McCaw, Gear, Kaino, Muliaina
South Africa: F Steyn, Matfield, The Beast
Australia: Cooper, Ashley Cooper, Genia, Elsom, O'Conner
Argentina: Contipomi, Hernandez
USA: Ngwenga

Not all of them but they're all candidates

Australia: Quade Cooper, Will Genia, Adam Ashley Cooper, David Pocock, Digby Ioane.
New Zealand: Daniel Carter, Richie McCaw, Jerome Kaino, Mils Muliaina.
South Africa: Victor Matfield, Francois Hougaard, Bismarck Du Plessis.
Excuse me from here on, I'm a bit vague on some first names
Italy: Sergio Parisse.
Samoa: George Stowers.
Argentina: Contipomi, Hernandez.
Wales: Shane Williams.
England: Moody, Croft, Lawes.

Latest posts