First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane.
20:00 Australian time.

I'm bored and there isn't any rugby this weekend (in the NH) so I thought we might as well start this up now.

NZ fans - RFU is full of pricks.
NZRFU - No Samu you can't play for Aus because we want you stay rested for our super rugby team, despite it being an official World Rugby test weekend just because of a stupid exemption.

I could understand it being out of the test window since that is aus own fault but this doesn't sit right.

NZ fans - RFU is full of pricks.
NZRFU - No Samu you can't play for Aus because we want you stay rested for our super rugby team, despite it being an official World Rugby test weekend just because of a stupid exemption.

I could understand it being out of the test window since that is aus own fault but this doesn't sit right.
I haven't really followed that, how did they get away with it?

I haven't really followed that, how did they get away with it?

Something about him being dual eligible and not being capped so he falls into that. NZ wanted some money to release him and aus said nope.

Here we go.
Player availability in circumstances of dual eligibility
9.38 When a Union enters into a written agreement with a Player that contemplates the Player representing that Union, the Union may seek the Player's written agreement that the Player shall not be available for selection, in a National Representative Team or National Squad of another Union during the term of that written agreement.

Something about him being dual eligible and not being capped so he falls into that. NZ wanted some money to release him and aus said nope.

Here we go.
Player availability in circumstances of dual eligibility
9.38 When a Union enters into a written agreement with a Player that contemplates the Player representing that Union, the Union may seek the Player's written agreement that the Player shall not be available for selection, in a National Representative Team or National Squad of another Union during the term of that written agreement.
That's a joke. Fair play to the Aussies telling them to F off and leave them with a player who I imagine doesn't want to give much back to the club that doesn't have his best interest at heart.

I'd say we have similar clauses in the likes of Ludik's contracts.

It doesn't really sit well and you'd imagine that it makes it pretty hypocritical for nz to go on about player poaching when they've got a foreign player playing for one of their teams that they're blocking from playing another country. How is it different from Brad Shields anyway?

Rumours Schmidt not putting strongest teams out but mixing it. Hope it true as short term gamble/risk will mean World Cup depth and strength

Rumours Schmidt not putting strongest teams out but mixing it. Hope it true as short term gamble/risk will mean World Cup depth and strength
I want the strongest team first up and then mix it around a bit. I want one test without Sexton in the 23 and another without Murray, I think we can still win 2-1 this way.

I want the strongest team first up and then mix it around a bit. I want one test without Sexton in the 23 and another without Murray, I think we can still win 2-1 this way.
I'm sure he will put strongest out at some stage. But he said looking all 3 is not bad if the greater goal is good. Now we both know he won't want to loose any but he has learnt from last RWC and his goal is if any in 1-23 go down they are replaceable

I'd go strongest team for the first test and then mess around a bit. Get Carbery, Larmour, Conway, Conan, Beirne etc starts. Give Carbery a chance to start with a mostly first choice team and no Sexton to save him off the bench if things go wrong.

Nah, I'd not bother putting strongest team out at all unless injuries ended up forcing it that way.

What happens if you put the strongest team out first... and lose?

Then your under pressure to turn it around and that forces conservatism in selection for the next games.

Mix the team up from the get-go, brings pressure off the whole thing and allows you to experiment more. Its not as if we've many test matches to experiment in.

Expecting this sort of team from AUS:

1. Sio
2. Paenga-Amosa (new)
3. Kepu or Tupou(new)
4. Simmons
5. Coleman
6. Hooper
7. Pocock
8. Higginbotham

9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Maddocks (new)
12. Beale
13. Kerevi
14. Folou
15. Haylett-petty

Very weak Tight 5, back row will be dubious apart from the ever present Hooper.
Back line will be strong and have to utilise there obvious best player Folou.

Taqele Naiyaravoro & Marika Koroibete both had good Super rugby seasons and could come into reckoning as well
I would put Folou at 15 and one of the above at wing and ease Maddocks in as a sub

Latest posts