Which Tyler

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Bath
Assuming Covid allows, these are the provisional fixtures:
12th June; England v Barbarians (I strongly suspect this has been cancelled - moved to November, but I can't see confirmation of that)

10th July; Scotland v England
17th July; USA v England
24th July; Canada v England

What squad would you pick? any individual players who HAVE to be included? any who need to be rested if the Lions don't take them?

Last edited:
IMO it should be about development of the fringe, getting game-time into fringe squad members, and running the rule over players who might break through in time for the RWC.
But keeping an eye on it always being preferable to bring new players in alongside the established where possible, there absolutely needs to be players who know the patterns and requirements.

If available, then I'd go with:

LHP: Genge, Obano, West
HK: LCD, Dunn, Barbeary
THP: Stuart, Heyes, Street
LK: Ewels, JHill, Martin, Ribbans
BR: 1 of Ben/Sam/Billy, Earl, Willis, THill, Dombrandt
SH: Spencer/Robson, Randall, Mitchell
FH: Ford, Simmonds
IC: Devoto, POC
OC: Slade, Lawrence
WG: Odogwu, Cokanasiga (form allowing), Thorley
FB: Malins, Steward, DeGlanville

I'd be looking to start
1. Genge
2. LCD
3. Stuart
4. Ewels
5. Hill
6. Willis
7. Underhill
8. Dombrandt

9. Spencer/Robson
10. Ford
11. Cokanasiga
12. Devoto
13. Slade
14. Odogwu
15. Malins

With most rotation on the bench between the rest.
The forwards are what they are; what I really want to see is the introduction of players setting them up to succeed - Ford given a freer reign to play what's in font of him; the IC options introduced between 2 established players; at least 1 batch of 20 minutes with Simmonds, Devoto, Slade in the midfield; and at least 1 power runner in the backs for each match

Last edited:
1. Marler, Obano, Genge/West
2.Dunn/Singleton/Barbeary
3. Stuart/Heyes/Street
SR. Isiekwe/Launch/Martin/J Hill
6/7. Earl/Willis/T Hill/ Evans
8. Dombrandt/Simmonds

9. Robson/Randall/JVP
10. Smith/Ford
12. Lawrence/POC
13. Marchant/Northmore (if the latter maintains his form)

11/14. Odogwu/Thorley/Nowell/Loader

15. Malins / De Glanville (I can actually see Nowell at 15 ngl)

I think your pretty much there WT. Id make a few tweaks but not essential.

LHP: Genge, Obano, West
HK: LCD, Dunn, Barbeary, Blamire
THP: Stuart, Heyes, Street
LK: Ewels, J.Hill, Martin, Ribbans, Isiekwe
BR: 1 of Ben/Sam/Billy, B. Curry, B. Earl, T. Willis, T.Hill, Dombrandt

SH: Spencer, /Robson, Randall, Mitchell
FH: Ford, Simmonds, M. Smith
IC: Devoto, POC, Slade
OC: Slade, Lawrence, Odogwu
WG: Odogwu, Cokanasiga, Thorley, Radwan
FB: Malins, Steward, DeGlanville, Parton

1. Genge, Obano, Hepburn
2. LCD, Dunn, Capon
3. Stuart, Heyes, Street
4. Ewels, Joyce
5. Martin, Ribbans
6. Barbeary, Hill,
7. B.Curry, J.Willis,
8. Dombrandt, Earl,

9. Spencer, Robson,
10. Ford, Smith, Atkinson
11. Odogwu, David
12. Devoto, O'Connor,
13. Marchant, Lawrence,
14. McConnochie, Hassle-Collins,
15. Malins, Steward,

Tigs man, is that Jack Willis in your flankers? Surely he wont be recovered by then?

I haven't seen much of Steward, but Wiki lists him as a 16st 10lb and 6ft 5 Full back.

I'm slightly aroused at this prospect

Would love to see Piers O'Conor get a shout at 12.
Always read his name as Piers Francis and I'm like
1616596054572.png

100% agree on POC though, he looks great wherever he's played

I'd just swap him for Simmonds

Otherwise I like this squad a lot.
Or Tom Willis - though with Barbeary already in that side you'd probably want some more experience rather than having everyone so green

I haven't seen much of Steward, but Wiki lists him as a 16st 10lb and 6ft 5 Full back.

I'm slightly aroused at this prospect
Hes pretty much made the Tigers 15 spot his own. An absolute rock under the high ball and at the back full stop. Attack wise he can improve but looks to have a decent offload already.

So there in you have one dilemma. Do you choose an attacking playmaker at 15...or the brick wall rock at the back?

Hes pretty much made the Tigers 15 spot his own. An absolute rock under the high ball and at the back full stop. Attack wise he can improve but looks to have a decent offload already.

So there in you have one dilemma. Do you choose an attacking playmaker at 15...or the brick wall rock at the back?

Well he's doing the basics then and at that age he can learn. You can maybe teach a raw rock at full back new attacking games, but it's hard to teach an experienced centre, who's not great under the high ball, but is great at playmaking (sometimes) new tricks. I've got nothing in particular against Daly, but I want a full back esp one that appears to be a beast already and one that can continue to learn the game.

Mike Brown towards the end of his England career was fantastic, still needed to learn to pass tho :D

Yes indeed, and Mike is joining us next season...in a player coaching role. Will be a valuable addition.

I remember watching some highlights of him about this time last year and being really impressed. I believe that was before he'd made his first Leicester appearance too. In the Tigers games I've watched this year I think he's looked competent at worse and stellar at best, I think he's only 19 too. Looks like he could be a fantastic player for England in the long run.

Latest posts