• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summer Tours - Predictions

OllyM97

Academy Player
Here is my thoughts on what will happen this July:
Australia v England - Wallabies (2-1)
New Zealand v Ireland - All Blacks (2-1)
South Africa v Wales - Springboks (3-0)
Argentina v Scotland - Argentina (2-1)
Japan v France - 2 Tests (France 2-0)

Australia/England could go either way but with England's lack of form I think the Wallabies should be able to edge this on home soil. NZ/Ireland will be a cracker and Ireland could definitely win the series but to win 2 out of 3 in NZ it still a mighty ask. I think the ABs may stumble over the line in unconvincing fashion. It won't quieten the "Foster out" brigade though. The Boks will wallop Wales and the only question is whether the Welsh can keep it respectable or whether it will be 3 thrashings, i suspect the latter. SA to get over 50 points in one of the tests. Argentina/Scotland will be close but the Pumas at home to win and even probably a 2nd string France will dominate Japan.

Australia/England could go either way but with England's lack of form I think the Wallabies should be able to edge this on home soil. NZ/Ireland will be a cracker and Ireland could definitely win the series but to win 2 out of 3 in NZ it still a mighty ask. I think the ABs may stumble over the line in unconvincing fashion. It won't quieten the "Foster out" brigade though. The Boks will wallop Wales and the only question is whether the Welsh can keep it respectable or whether it will be 3 thrashings, i suspect the latter. SA to get over 50 points in one of the tests. Argentina/Scotland will be close but the Pumas at home to win and even probably a 2nd string France will dominate Japan.

Australia 2 - 1 England
New Zealand 3 - 0 Ireland
South Africa 3 - 0 Wales
Argentina 3 - 0 Scotland
Japan 0 - 2 France

Pretty much identical to you to the extent I have little to add. Without Finn or Hastings I think we'll see a weak Scotland struggle against an ageing Pumas. The Australian improvement is real and I think will surprise people.

Latest posts